It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PositiveVibration

PositiveVibration.....

Albeit I'm not sure why you posted that video in this thread.....

I don't see why that can't be something very close to the camera, such as a bird or a bug.....& probably a bird.

Why don't you start your own thread about it & see what everybody thinks?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I haven't read all the posts since my last post, but I think we are forgetting something, this was filmed from a moving ship, as we can see by the movement of the strip of land when compared to the mountains in the background.

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
We don’t know for certain that it is moving to the right.

I had in fact mentioned that the boat was moving on page 11. I also provided screenshots to prove it, by showing the movement of the lights in the background compared to the point. This thread is getting pretty tedious though, so you could be forgiven for missing it.

Originally posted by spy66
I can confirm now that these two objects are not kites.

If you look at the original video, watch the large boat moving to the right. If you look closely you can see a wave hitting the side of it at 4:45. If you look closely at this wave you can see that it is being tossed backwards by the wind 4:45 to 4:47.

I don't see that at all. The barge is clearly travelling to the right, so a splash going straight up, would appear to move to the left in relation to the barge. This does not mean the wind is blowing to the left. Also by that time, the point of view of the camera seems to be looking back towards the bow of the barge. So even if the wind was going perfectly from port to starboard, any spray would appear to travel to the left from our perspective. I believe the wind is coming from much more of an off shore direction. Your observations do not confirm anything, other than for those who's minds are already made up.

Even if it was slightly crosshore, it is possible to travel upwind with a kite. I have seen kitesurfers do this many times. When a cross/off shore was blowing, they could still manage to make it back upwind to their starting point. Much like a yacht can sail into the wind, but not to quite the same extent.

Of course, those who kite surf would already know this. I don't think the wind is blowing anywhere close to a straight cross-shore wind though, as I and others have pointed out. Also, you can see in the screenshots I posted that the object moves in a 'sine wave' pattern, dipping down then up again much like a kite does. Given that Noumea is a popular kitesurfing destination (which I didn't know when I initally thought it was a kitesurfer), lends more credence to the kite theory.

I'm not saying I'm certain of anything, but so far the evidence against the moving object being a kite has been flimsy at best, and down right wrong at times (eg, assuming the stationary object must be the same thing or it hasn't gone to 'neutral'). But if anyone has a more likely explanation, I would be happy to consider and explore it.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Curious and Concerned.....

After all the reviews, discussion, comparison & analysis, I think it's at the point where one has to say.....

What's there more chance seeing out there.....

Kite surfers where kite surfing would logically occur.....?

Or alien spaceships.....?

So, I guess it's gotta be alien spaceships.

Do we have agreement?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 14-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Meh.. I don't know about kite surfers. When in Florida at the beach, I've seen this plenty... and one thing that happens quite often is the kite turning to catch the wind to change directions. When this happens, it almost disappears as it turns, especially when at a distance. These never grow smaller in size. Also, one is near stationary and the other speeds and boogies - again, without turning the kite, you can't do that. Wind sort of has its way with you. How it affected one but not the other when it appears both would be turned the same direction is a bit baffling.

COULD be I suppose, but needs more analysis. Just from the many days and nights spent at beaches in Florida.. well, this does not look like what I have seen. Finally, I think most could observe kite surfers and KNOW what they are. This dude is what.. 68? And cannot identify a kite surfer?

I am most interested in hearing how long he observed them, and how they left the scene. Why this is never included in a story like this baffles me. That imo, is the most important bit. Did they hover around until he could no longer see them? Did they fly off? What happened?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Originally posted by fleabit
Meh.. I don't know about kite surfers. When in Florida at the beach, I've seen this plenty... and one thing that happens quite often is the kite turning to catch the wind to change directions.

I too, have seen many kiteboarders, around Mount Maunganui, and more recently, Long Bay, NZ. The majority of the time, yeah they do tack back and forth. This would be important if you wanted to work on moves or stay relatively close to your launching point, especially if you were of beginner/intermediate ability. Noone wants to have to walk back up the beach, and it would be tiring to have to tack back and forth to move upwind, although it is possible.

However, have you ever seen a kitesurfer travelling multiple km's down a coastline. I have seen them out on the water when I've been on my board past the impact zone (where the waves break), on their way down the coast. I've talked to one who fell near me, and he explained how his girlfriend was going to pick him up a few more k's down the coast at papamoa. These guys were not tacking back and forth, and if the conditions were right, could hold an almost constant kite position. There would always be some little bobs and weaves though. Kind of like these guys.

Originally posted by fleabit
Also, one is near stationary and the other speeds and boogies - again, without turning the kite, you can't do that. Wind sort of has its way with you. How it affected one but not the other when it appears both would be turned the same direction is a bit baffling.

When I am referring to kitesurfing, I am reffering to the moving object only. I see no reason to believe that the stationary object must be the same as the moving one. In fact, if the title didn't say "2 UFO's filmed over water", I would not have assumed they were the same thing at all. I think it's important to view the video without any preconcieved ideas as to what you are going to see. That's why I first watched it without reading any comments, and my first impression was a sole kitesurfer. And so far, I haven't seen any real reason to confirm it's not.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

After all the reviews, discussion, comparison & analysis, I think it's at the point where one has to say.....

What's there more chance seeing out there.....

Kite surfers where kite surfing would logically occur.....?

Or alien spaceships.....?

So, I guess it's gotta be alien spaceships.

Do we have agreement?

You got me there. Can't compete with that logic.

Must be 2 UFO's then, cos the title said so

But seriously though, I think the above video I posted is a great example of what kitesurfing can look like. I believe it has many similarities to the OP vid, such as (close to) offshore winds, no whitecaps, fast speeds and almost constant kite postion. Now imagine that around dusk, and viewed from the deck of a ship through a highly zoomed shot which doesn't pick up small details very well. I guess some will refuse to accept anything other than a paranormal occurence though. After all, that would be way cooler

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Yep.....

I'm quite comfortable with the kite surfing option.

I like Yiggy's threads.....

She always gets a good discussion going!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

PositiveVibration.....

Albeit I'm not sure why you posted that video in this thread.....

I don't see why that can't be something very close to the camera, such as a bird or a bug.....& probably a bird.

Why don't you start your own thread about it & see what everybody thinks?

Kind regards

Maybe...maybe not

Well I wanna...
But I didn't know where to put it..
And I guess I needed your little push for puttin my first thread on the forum

I am on it right now and post it later in a new thread, thnx!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

PositiveVibration.....

No worries!

But.....

A lotta people will say bird or bug, so get ready for that!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

If you say they are kite's they are kites. I rest my case.

This is why i usually dont get into debunking threads. Some just argue for the sake of arguing. And it distracts the post form having any progress.

I think people will loose interest and leave. Because the pots is going nowhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I had in fact mentioned that the boat was moving on page 11. I also provided screenshots to prove it, by showing the movement of the lights in the background compared to the point. This thread is getting pretty tedious though, so you could be forgiven for missing it.

Yes I do notice things and then get lost in the back and forth conversations and loose my thought process sometimes.

I have seen kite surfers many times, and every time I look at this, it is one of the two things that come to mind the other is a boat pulling behind a parachute like thing with a passenger hanging from it, can’t think of the name of it, the only thing I don’t see is the speed boat pulling the thing, which is why I go back to the kite surfer explanation which is the most reasonable, and thus far can not be excluded.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned

That was to be expected, that was one of the two pages I didn't read.

If the guy making the video was on a moving ship, then it means that the moving object, whatever it may be, was moving faster than we see it, because it was moving in the same direction as the ship, and it looks like the ship was moving at a relatively high speed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If we are far enough away from an object it should appear to be going slower than it actually is. Since the boat is moving in the same direction as the object the object should appear to be moving even slower. The object appears to be exhibiting the opposite of these traits and instead moving considerably fast. I could be way off on this, I will have to do a little more research on movement and perspective when I have a chance.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yep.....

I'm quite comfortable with the kite surfing option.

I like Yiggy's threads.....

She always gets a good discussion going!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

Lol Maybe and that is why I like you to look them over so I can get me some learnin!!! Hopefully I'll come across something new soon for you.
I am on a mission to find the magical one! According to another thread around here as of late, maybe I will get it on oct.13th!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
If you say they are kite's they are kites. I rest my case.

This is why i usually dont get into debunking threads. Some just argue for the sake of arguing. And it distracts the post form having any progress.

I think people will loose interest and leave. Because the pots is going nowhere.

KITE. Singular. I've had to say that so many times, as some people keep thinking the two blurry bunch of pixels must be the same thing, even though one is moving and one isn't. I guess it's because the title video says "2 UFO's". And don't just rely on my word if you don't think so. If you have a better explanation, by all means, beleive that. It's just that noone has yet provided adequate reason to rule out a kite, so it seems the most likely explanation to me.

I know what you mean, about people arguing for the sake of arguing. It's frustrating when you put effort in to raise valid points and rebuttal using logic and evidence, only to have people ignore you and try and deflect the conversatation with other points which don't really make sense. However, for those with an open mind, I beleive we have made progress in this thread.

It is sad that once a mundane explanation looks likely, people do seem to lose interest. But that's the thing with these threads. Some people want it to be a UFO so bad (I know I do) that they will simply agree with whoever says it's not a mundane occurence. Oh well, it was a good video to discuss none the less. Cheers to yigsstarhouse for providing it.

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I have seen kite surfers many times, and every time I look at this, it is one of the two things that come to mind the other is a boat pulling behind a parachute like thing with a passenger hanging from it, can’t think of the name of it, the only thing I don’t see is the speed boat pulling the thing, which is why I go back to the kite surfer explanation which is the most reasonable, and thus far can not be excluded.

Parasailing, I believe. It is very popular where i used to live near Lake Taupo, and elsewhere in NZ. I agree, it would be much easier to see a speedboat than a kitesurfer. Also, the rise and fall in altitude (such as the screeshots between 4:33 and 4:38 I posted) looks much more like a kite, unless it was a pretty wild parasailing ride

edit on 15/9/10 by Curious and Concerned because: I didn't proof read

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Nice Video, i havent read all the thread so i dont know if its been said but; it would be good if someone could motionstableise the looped video, so we can see the proper movement of these things.

Just my two cents.

On a side note, is the bloke that captured these things, wearing a masonic ring? Hmmmmm

MrWebby666

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Even though the video is pretty shakey for this kind of footage again, I believe the objects are probably helium balloons or something along that line....if it was me filming, I would have captured more than 40 seconds and the stabilizer would have been on....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Anyone try to get the original footage and stabilize it in After Effects? I'd have to agree it could have been party baloons from the ship or kiteboarding, though it's hard to skrutinize the footage because it's so shaky.

edit on 16-9-2010 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but how about remote controlled craft? perhaps RC sailboats that look dark in the low light? Occam's Razor surely suggests something simple here over "ETs" I can't believe the news sensationalism over all this.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Those lights in the background appear to be stationary, lol. The dark things on the water are not "flying objects" however but rather they appear to be floating on the water. The audio appears to demonstrate that it was quite a windy day too.

edit on 16-9-2010 by quantum_flux because: inadequate first reply

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join