It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Martian Anomaly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yes, well. I started out that way but got seasick so removed the embeds.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great response Z...

Profound words & definitely not a wasted post...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey, that rock in clip 3 has a near perfect face..Maybe it walked..

Actually it appears to be behind the hill and the camera angle changes as phage has shown..

But the face is cool..Shows imagination can change facts..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I see this went far while I was trying to make my point. Since I bothered to spend the time analyzing, I'm going to post what I did anyhow, even if the argument has been made. I don't have a tool to make nice animated .gif's handy. Cheap Paint work will have to do.

It's just perspective. The rock is hidden in the second shot. It appears farther back in the scene than is first apparent. The second image has a bit of tilt compared to the other two.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60bc741f0622.png[/atsimg]

edit on 9/11/2010 by EnlightenUp because: bother-ed

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
I see this went far while I was trying to make my point. Since I bothered to spend the time analyzing, I'm going to post what I did anyhow, even if the argument has been made. I don't have a tool to make nice animated .gif's handy. Cheap Paint work will have to do.

It's just perspective. The rock is hidden in the second shot. It appears farther back in the scene than is first apparent. The second image has a bit of tilt compared to the other two.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60bc741f0622.png[/atsimg]

edit on 9/11/2010 by EnlightenUp because: bother-ed

Could the shadows on the rocks be Martian weather? Clouds in the sky blocking the Sun?

Initially the pictures looked to be shot from the same location. Is there proof the Rover took pictures from different angles, besides judging from the Black and White photos?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yes, well. I started out that way but got seasick so removed the embeds.

G'day Phage!

Yes.....it's a bit like that......somewhat w..o..n..k..y.....

ArMaP's GIF appears to show the true geometry of the scene.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 11-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I guess it's just me, but it doesn't look like a rock. It looks more like a shallow depression low on the next ridge.When Spirit moves towards the big rocks the camera angle is up enough that the depression is lost to view,
Did the rover move up and back during this time?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Could the shadows on the rocks be Martian weather? Clouds in the sky blocking the Sun?

Shadows are shadows as usual.

Initially the pictures looked to be shot from the same location. Is there proof the Rover took pictures from different angles, besides judging from the Black and White photos?

They don't look like it to me given the relative placement of the rocks and the changing angles of the features. Also observe rocks in other places in the scene. It's consistent with rotation about an axis roughly vertical to the surface.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Re-looking at the OP's pictures, I think the 3 angles are so subtle, I'm going to need more evidence for a depth perspective/optical illusion explanation.

I know photo experts and Mars experts will debunk the photos, but on the side can anyone hypothesize what the "rock" might be, given we already know the environment on Mars? Theoretically we have a picture of something living on Mars, and moving around.

Would "rock skin" be most suitable for the weather on Mars?

Any color pictures?

Maybe maybe not posted it could be insulated material from the Rover?

You don't have to debunk the photos...you can debunk the object in question...

I disagree with the, "the rock is actually farther away than you think" theory.....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by zorgon

...his response is that it would be too large of a leap for the complacent minds residing on this planet.

Right, like I would even lose sleep over it. Insulting and blatant narcissism if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes I notice the photos are taken from different positions, but the angles are not drastically different.

Hopefully someone has some numbers/data, and color pictures.

The Rover is included in the some of the photos so we can already scale things up.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yes I notice the photos are taken from different positions, but the angles are not drastically different.

They appear quite different, perhaps 30 degrees or more.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I think the most identifiable landmark, to prove the difference in perspective is the white flat area, located behind the farthest right large rock. It is not visible in the first photo. It is visible to the right of the same large rock, in the second and is directly behind the same rock, in the third.

For the lack of a better description, I'll call a white "sandy" area.

Thanks for the gifs. They are incontrovertible evidence, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

They appear quite different, perhaps 30 degrees or more.

Right I understand, but it appears the Rover didn't move 20 feet diagonally and took another photo, then drove another 15 feet in another direction. It looks like 3 different angles with in an area of 5 feet or so, of the Rover moving on the surface. Such as a photographer walking around getting different angles. The shadow changes on the rocks are pretty subtle.

Edit: It looks as to be a hill on the other side of the 3 rocks, studying the GIF's.

Oh well

edit on 11-9-2010 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

There's a whiteish triangle of rock near the rover in the first two images but not in the third. The rover is farther away from it in the second but the rock shows a position quite a bit farther to the right. These rocks in question appear nearer than they look at first glance as well.

Hmmm...it might in the third as well, way to the right, mid-way up or so.

edit on 9/11/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This case was discovered by Skipper from Mars Anomaly Research. I know how many of you feel about his site, but this time he has a winner. Skippers work can be found here: MARS MOVING EVIDENCE Report 163

I am patiently waiting to hear the skeptics explain this one.

zorgon I don't believe this is a winner at all. The rock is behind and below this ridge line.

The ridge is much easier to see in ArMap's animated .gif's.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I agree about the depth, I understand the photos now. And thank you for the further proof of the white rock near the Rover.

Debunked. Change of perspective from the Rover, and a slope between the 3 rocks and the "moving" rock.

edit on 11-9-2010 by game over man because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

By the way, this topic has been discussed at length in this thread, Strange 'Moving' Object On Mars! started by your friend mikesingh (The gang of three!) way back in May of last year! I wonder why ppl don't use the search function?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

WOW!!

"The Rock" moving! What the.... is that?
Thank for these images!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I dont know man that rock looked kinda big to be moved by a weak solar powered rover

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join