It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Martian Anomaly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Just to clarify things, the image with the "moving rock" is not from the pancam. It is from the left navcam.

Zorgon can you correct that in the OP please

Other than that, its a case of different perspective IMHO as some have already suggested..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
you guys don't find it weird that these pics are in black and white? this isn't the 1930's, we have colored camera the size of a pen head. matter fact, why aren't they making HD videos instead of black and white camera?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
well with that over. take a look at this, from the same page zorgon linked:

|WTF! a leaking rock? or an animal, cut open by the rover?

edit on 11-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

nice work !!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My best guess would be that if there is any civilization on Mars, whether aliens or 'native' Martians, it would have to be under the surface. There have always been plenty of stories like that about Mars and other planets and moons in the solar system. There have also been a fair number of UFO reports around Mars, the moon, the sun and other planets. I don't have a big problem with the idea that we've had aliens visiting the solar system for a very long time, and that they've set up bases in various locations.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by fooks

Well although I could ramble a fair bit about the terrain on the Playa, I couldnt comment on the Martian terrain because I have never walked there.
What I will say is that winds on Mars get VERY fast and powerful, much more so than here .

not really, being 1/1000 of earth pressure, so they say, 200mph wind will not be much more than a gentle breeze to us, basically.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
And if it (the rock) really has disappeared, then the question arises, what/who was/could be responsible for that and for what reason then?

Just my two eurocents.

What rocks? Zorgon can move mountains!!
And there never are any reasons for doing so!

edit on 11-9-2010 by ColonelSF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

so no comment on the "tail"?

very obvious here in your stills.

not just you but anyone?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is very hard to discern because the photos aren't placed side by side. Not all of us have photographic memories.
But from what I can ascertain these aren't anomalies per se rather questionable photo glitches.
Maybe I spoke too soon. Lemme see if anyone put these photos side by side.
Carry on........................

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I saw that face on the mars a photo with what looked like the egyptian statue the other day, il try and find it now

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Never mind. The camera moved. Not the rock(s).

This was originally posted to question the missing rock(s) and sure enough......only a few posts in, people were seeing faces in said-rocks.
I'm not sure if that's pathetic or entertaining.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
For the pics that make it look like a rock changes place...If you compare the photo where the rock is on the right, and then the one where it is on the left of the boulders...

The angle has certainly changed, look at the gap between the two boulders. It is smaller in the photo where the "moving rock" appears on the left, indicating that the camera has changed positions. It is hard to tell how much of a change was made, but it could certainly be enough to make it seem like the rock moved.

For the helmet anomaly picture(s)...

I used to find rocks in my yard as a child that resembled many things. It is hard to tell if this is just a lucky angle, a rock that just happens to be vaguely shaped like a helmet, or something more. The difficulty is that there is only the one picture, and there is no reference for distance or size. This rock could be 4 cm for all we know.

Cool stuff, none the less.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi Zorgon,

Sure have missed you and John....the place isn't the same.

The only things that caught me where in Exhibit 2 1836.......upper right corner behind rock it looks like it has wheels (small) skate board like ...what is that?

When I scrolled the picture over toward the bottom where the Rover is near the rock those tracks don't look normal for the Rover wheel. The one print near the rock seems seperated and more rounded kind of looks like an Astronaut boot can that be measured length wise and are the grooves the seperation with Rover wheel and a boot.

I don't know it just stood out and seemed missed placed to me.

The picture with the helmet it looks like to the right about an inch or so a Grey head lol also looks like some type of thingy between them.

Looking at the colored pictures it does look like the Arizona desert minus shrubery

It was nice to see you here Zorgon

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

All the photos attached to your NASA links are in black and white. Before I can make an accurate analysis, where did the color photos come from?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow. I believe I have seen these pictures in question before, here, and my opinion remains the same.

You can clearly see, throughout the sequence of these images, that the rover taking the images, begins its route(1st picture) in a straight line with the boulder on the right. Putting the boulder in question, behind the boulder to the right, and slightly left, and behind the boulder on the left, and slightly right of it. There also seems to be a slight hill in between the boulders on the right and left, and the boulder in question.
The rover then travels to the left, on somewhat of a cylindrical path. The 2nd images shows this, as the back side of the boulder on the right from image 1, is now visible, and the boulder on the left, is showing more shadow. Plus, the boulder in question is now completely behind the boulder that was on the left in the 1st image, which is still on the left in image 2.
The rover again, continue on somewhat of a cylindrical path to the left, curving around the boulders, so that by the time image 3 is taken, the boulder in question had became visible again around the boulder on the left, making it now the left boulder.

Solved. Not moving rock, moving rover.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Zorgon, I'm baffled at some of these replies. So many want to side with the virus or the one who is undecided.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's not missing in the second picture, you can see the top of it peeking up.

The 'moving rock' is actually a larger feature located further back than your brain is telling you it is. The problem is your brain has a problem differentiating distance in these photos, no point of reference. It appears to be moving but it isn't. It only appears to be moving relative to the nearer rocks.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This topic was debunked on post 17. It's just a trick of perspective.

I think people are staring at rocks way too long.

Originally posted by DOADOA
you guys don't find it weird that these pics are in black and white? this isn't the 1930's, we have colored camera the size of a pen head. matter fact, why aren't they making HD videos instead of black and white camera?

....Mars is 35 to 250 million miles away. The rovers don't exactly have broadband internet connections. More detail and more colors means more bits of information that has to be sent across the solar system. I'm sure they have color and HD capabilities, but it would take forever just to get a few pictures. I think they reduce colors and detail so they can get images faster.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
delete...

2nd.

edit on 11-9-2010 by wavemaker because: i will just let the others argue here.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Niiice!
Im very happy to see you back Zorgon!
ATS needs some Zorgon in it's life! lol

I was starting to wonder (ok, been wondering) where the hell you were. lol
I even made an inquiry @the V. (shh, secret). as to where you were. lol

I was also very happy to see you made the list of all time contributers to ATS!
Well deserved, even if I feel you should have been closer to #1. lol

So happy to see you I didnt even properly check out the thread yet!

I do that now,
but you are appreciated dude.
Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join