It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Martian Anomaly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Been away from it for awhile, perhaps you noticed

But I feel its time to pull up another Martian Anomaly. This one was originally found by Skipper from Mars Anomaly Research.Yeah Yeah I can hear you groaning already BUT before you flush the baby with the bathwater... do have a look...

The Case of the Moving Rock
Exhibit 1
Spirit Panoramic Camera Sol 1833

NASA SOURCE IMAGE

CLIP 1

In this image taken on Sol 1833 the 'rock' in question is right in the center of the group of boulders.

Exhibit 2
Spirit Panoramic Camera Sol 1836

NASA SOURCE IMAGE

CLIP 2

But three days later, on Sol 1836, the 'rock is nowhere to be seen, certainly not where it was in the first photo, nor in the second marked space...

Exhibit 3
Spirit Panoramic Camera Sol 1843

NASA SOURCE IMAGE

CLIP 3

But then, 7 days later, the 'rock' reappears on the left side of the group of boulders. Now I asked ArMap his opinion and he told me it wasn't movement, it was merely different perspective. I am willing to give him a 'do over' on that opinion in case he was mistaken about which images I was refering to. All the original images are linked direct to NASA go see for yourselves

This case was discovered by Skipper from Mars Anomaly Research. I know how many of you feel about his site, but this time he has a winner. Skippers work can be found here: MARS MOVING EVIDENCE Report 163

I am patiently waiting to hear the skeptics explain this one.

edit on 10-9-2010 by zorgon because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Very hard to explain indeed. I do not know much about images and such, but I find this hard to explain. Only thing I could think of would be movement by a water source. We know there is water, but it would be easy to see if the amount of water needed to move that rock was present.

Also, the rock n the right of the photo is very unique. It would be easy to see a difference in angles, if that where the case.

I patiently await a "real" answer. Thanks for posting!

edit on 10-9-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Thought this one was pretty good too, so since it is another one from Skipper might as well toss it in here. This is a tiny 'object' but bright and shiny.

Helmet like Anomaly
Spirit Panoramic Camera Sol 1526

The anomaly is found right at the bottom, center of the image...

This anomaly that looks like a discarded helmet is very reflective compared to the surrounding rocks. This item was brought to my attention in another thread on ATS, from a link to Skippers Mars Anomaly Research. Looking at his site he gives credit to the discovery to Michael Middleton of Australia. Skippers work on this anomaly can be found here: SPIRIT ROVER HEADS & STUFF Report #143

The original image posted at the top of the page is available from NASA 2P261833662EFFAY00P2298L7M1

The anomaly appears in the color version as well as several other shots in the series but the top b&w image has the clearest detail. Other images in the series can be found here: NASA Sol 1526

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I keep an eye on his site quite often and sometimes he might post up a good one like this but mostly its speculation and shadows.

I give him his due he does work hard at it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Very interesting, thanks for posting. This is one I have never seen, I would go for the different veiw as being the reason, only they are missing alltogether in the one pic! Does Nasa give and explaination for this?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wierd, it looks like the same rock...
Does the rover move rocks to get to samples?

Also, what is that triangular shadow/hole that appears just to the left of your yellow box in clip 3?
It wasn't there in clip 2..

And there's a pyramid shaped rock front middle that appears to be almost floating..
Maybe resting on other unseen smaller rocks...

s&f

edit on 10-9-2010 by CynicalM because: add middle

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
C3PO has lost his head again

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
wow!!!! I'm impressed!!!

any ideas ?? One looks like some kind of Steampunk robot head!!!

the other is possibly some kind of weird Martian land anemone!!

dear me ?? I just want an explanation for anything anything at at all everyday I get to add to my list of questions but my list of answers is getting pretty tiny

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Another possible piece of the puzzle - one he claims to have evidence for but not the fortitude to throw it out there...talkin' about warfare.

As he points out on his site, he states that he has uncovered proof of past wars on that planet...I've sent him a few emails asking why he refuses to "release" this information - his response is that it would be too large of a leap for the complacent minds residing on this planet.

I pointed out that he should play his hand before it's too late, even threw in a comment focusing on his age and wanting to see the "fruits of his labors", but to no avail...he still refuses. Must be some good stuff - can't wait..!

edit on 11-9-2010 by facelift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi there! Awesome thread, with awesome pics with a awesome possibility of this being something quite interesting. On another note, would care to explain to me why do I see some rather weird "astronaut footprint" prints on the bottom right of the Exhibit 2 Spirit Panoramic Camera Sol 1836 picture? Am I seeing things here or is there a possible explanation for that one?
Thanks!
Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by zorgon

Another possible piece of the puzzle - one he claims to have evidence for but not the fortitude to throw it out there...talkin' about warfare.

As he points on his site, he states that he has uncovered proof of past wars on that planet...I've sent him a few emails asking why he refuses to "release" this information - his response is that it would be too large of a leap for the complacent minds residing on this planet.

I pointed out that he should play his hand before it's too late, even threw in a comment focusing on his age and wanting to see the "fruits of his labors", but to no avail...he still refuses. Must be some good stuff - can't wait..!

edit on 11-9-2010 by facelift because: (no reason given)

I have done the exact same thing and to be honest I do not no if he is full of BS or he has the evidence? just frustrates me why he wont come forward with it.

Or has he upset somene and now has a gun to his head?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
CLIP 3

Reminds me of this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3d6233d6687.jpg[/atsimg]

Welcome back old boy. Glad to see you back!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The mystery of the missing Martian rock, dun dun duh!!!

Not sure what to make of it. Could NASA have removed the rock with editing software? I'm sort of at a loss on that one

Edit to Add: Apparently ArMap solved this one already and it isn't a mysterious moving martian rock at all.

I'm not so impressed by the helmet/skull looking photo, that could just as easily be a reflective rock with indentations that make it look a bit like a helmet or skull thanks to Pareidolia.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: The reason for this edit is obvious from the content of the post

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon.....

Well I've looked at that a few times now & it is a bit odd.

Some initial thoughts.....& no doubt things that you've already considered.....

- Could it be a "shadow effect", that changes at different times during the day? (.....& no, it doesn't look much like that)

- Could it be a "soft" object or piece of insulation material or similar that has become detached from the vehicle?

As for Armap's conclusion regarding "perspective".....

I would have thought that for "perspective" to cause that apparent movement, the object would have to be quite close to the vehicle. But that appears not to be the case.....it appears to be more distant than those prominent rocks.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Edit by Maybe...maybe not to add:

Having seen ArMaP's GIF's (below), it seems highly likely the apparent movement is caused by perspective, but I had my ideas about the perspective quite "back-to-front".

edit on 11-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: New info

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadetDoes Nasa give and explanation for this?

No NASA doesn't ever explain anomalies... if they say nothing, they don't have to tell a lie

I would love to drag Jim Oberg in on this one.

As to the angle of the view, the distance the object moves is to large to be explained by that, and as you say, its GONE between day 1833 and 1843. I love this one!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice blue skies on this one picture you posted! I wonder if mars is really all that "hostile"
Judging by this picture it would be real hard to believe that there no life in mars

S&F for ya buddy! Great job!

ringht_n_wrong

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The moving rock is quite a bit further away than you may think, increasing the effects of parallax and perspective. The rock didn't move, the rover did. The rock was merely hidden in the frame where it is "missing". As Armap demonstrated here:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Its not about Skipper. I also do not agree with all his findings.

It's about THIS moving object.

Now you see it... now you don't... now you do...

He is mentioned as required to give credit where due as the discoverer. Please focus on the image not the discoverer.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by facelift

Its not about Skipper. I also do not agree with all his findings.

It's about THIS moving object.

Now you see it... now you don't... now you do...

He is mentioned as required to give credit where due as the discoverer. Please focus on the image not the discoverer.

If you post an image from his site and mention him of course members will chat about Skipper its just natural.

edit on 11/9/10 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage.....

I have inserted ArMaP's GIF's for purposes of interest & convenience.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 11-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Re-ordered GIF files

<<   2  3  4 >>

join