It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperate bathrooms for transvestites? You gotta be kidding me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by gpena

Wow, Your right many people wouldnt do that, .... in fact I've never seen it before, lol

Sorry If I had to use the tough love on you man, .... it hurts soooo good !!

Well its true! That one phrase alone really showed that I never looked at it like that. It was a very good point and true.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why does anyone even care, I can’t count how many time I have gone to a concert and used the restroom where I would not be able tell if I was in the mens room or the ladies room if it was not for the fact that there were urinals. The first time was strange, when standing there taking a leak, and right next to you two women drop there pants and pee in the urinal. You would think they were just taking a bet or something, but there was a line of girls waiting their turn. I guess what they were saying was that the ladies room line was too long of a wait. Since the first time it was expected after words. If you seen one you seen em all.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

"Things" I think you might find they are human beings, the same as you! (although with that remark, it makes you less of a human than those "things" you refer to.) Disgusting that a fellow human being is ready to call others who don't share your view on the world "things"

Who else do you consider a "thing?" please go educate yourself and get some compassion. We need human beings in this world who actually care for other human beings, not people who are ready to outcast and give judgement based on their sexuality.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
Why does anyone even care, I can’t count how many time I have gone to a concert and used the restroom where I would not be able tell if I was in the mens room or the ladies room if it was not for the fact that there were urinals. The first time was strange, when standing there taking a leak, and right next to you two women drop there pants and pee in the urinal. You would think they were just taking a bet or something, but there was a line of girls waiting their turn. I guess what they were saying was that the ladies room line was too long of a wait. Since the first time it was expected after words. If you seen one you seen em all.

Most people who are married and with children WILL care.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I've seen women go into the men's room at sporting events as well. The men tolerate it because we understand how overcrowded the Ladies rooms are but, they still get dirty looks.

The women always use the toilet stalls and I've never seen one who would dare to try the urinal. Any woman who would use the urinal in full view of everyone is a skank IMHO. If I saw that, I probably would alert the authorities.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

These are the same issues that in some ways need to be addressed. Lets start with the first one, about the seperate bathroom for Transvestites. The question is are they transvestite or transgender individuals? One who is skilled at such, move like a woman and are taking the steps to be a woman, then there really is no way to tell if it is a woman or a man. The point in case of this is take a look at Ru Paul. When Ru came out onto the scene as a model, no one knew if Ru was a woman or a man, until Ru announced to the world. Take a look as some of the other transvestites and female impersonators out there, and I do not mean men in drag, but the real transvestites and female impersonators. If they are done up well, who can tell? Is there going to be someone there to ask them to drop their pants or lift their dress to check to see if they are the correct sex? Would you be willing to drop your pants infront of another man to verify that you were the correct sex to be going into a bathroom? It is a very invasive aspect into personal privacy to do such and most would feel violated and insulted on such, as they should. I believe that this is going to cause more problems in the long run, than create solutions.
Now on your issue about the gay student in your class, there is no reason for him to be removed to a seperate bathroom or changing room when in class. He, like you, are there to learn. If he touches you, then yes you have a valid complaint, but most people, from my experience, when in a class type situation, are there to go in, change, attend class, shower, get changed and make it to the next class before being late. If you are that worried about such, I would suggest that you do the following: 1) Being civil, voice your concern to the staff at large, and stay away from the individual. If he does not touch or make a pass at you, or anything of that nature, then just live and let live.
Reality for you is that there are gay people from all walks of life, in all positions and jobs, no matter where you go, you are going to encounter gay people. If you think I am kidding, the next time you go to the store to purchase some name brand clothing, consider that most were designed by: Gay people. Chances are the nice gourmet dinner you enjoy, the food may have been touched by gay people. Teachers, proffessors, managers, accountants, businessmen, medical proffessionals, entertainers, and even....dare I say it...military, police, firemen, all walks of life have gay people who you will come into contact with, and will go into the same public restroom that you are there to do the same things that you are doing in there and getting on with life.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Errr thats only four restrooms ? Lets go the whole hog !!!
Don't forget the hermaphrodites !

And the 'signage' would be so confusing too I suspect ?

edit on 083030p://09America/Chicago10 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
well I think its a great idea. Whatever it takes to keep the creeps out of the same bathroom as me and my family.

Meh, me and my family would rather not have to pee next to narrow minded biggots, but you don't see us calling for separate restrooms for them.

Just because people disagree with a private lifestyle intruding on the rights of others, does NOT make them bigots. Im so sick of people crying bigotry to defend this arguement. Do you even understand the definition of bigotry? Bigotry is a type of prejudice. Most people who oppose the homosexual lifestyle dont blindly hate gays. They disapprove of the lifestyle and society's push to force its tolerance on others. Another definition of bigotry is an intolerance of a differing opinion. So, sir, you are not only a bigot yourself, you're also a hypocrite.

edit on 10-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Several places here in the US have 3 seperate restrooms. Men, Women, and Family. The confused can piss out back.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
You know what,soon we all shall be living in a small box secluded from the rest of the world and never interact with any other human being and therefore have no problems with other people living their lives and preventing offence.

I hope everyone will be happy when they get their own little box to eat, sleep, pee in.

Tolerate difference, respect difference, embrace change!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The world is just going crazy nowadays with every fringe group clamoring for special rights

Seems like what this group is doing is fighting against what they perceive as an attempt at segregation. It sounds like this was a decision made by a bunch of people who were uncomfortable with the idea that they might be sharing a rest room with a transvestite which is really no different than homophobia. Really I'd have hoped that by now society would have grown up enough to have uni-gender bathrooms but I guess we're all still twelve years old mentally.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i don't understand this whole deal.

lol, do men or if you have a dik, no matter how you are dressed, make it that you have to stand up?

my daddy had a saying, as rustic as it was, something about "between two heels"

so why not just go into the stall, no matter what you're wearing?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Let transvetites use whichever bathroom they want.

They are not going to leap on people in there.

We should try and help these people instead of villifying them.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

well, cross dressers should be more discrete. if you have on a louis vitton and a 2 day stubble, i guess you should

hit the mens room.

same as a woman with armani, hit the stall.

edit on 11-9-2010 by fooks because: took out lez

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

Most people who are married and with children WILL care.

Do you really think that your opinions on what genders your children have to look at while they go to the bathroom overrides a human beings natural right to go to the bathroom? Please, use your head, Dad.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You really made me laugh - "Louis Vitton and 2 day stubble".

Any tranny with Louis Vitton would definitely not have 2 day stubble.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yeah. I'm standing by my previous post. God bless the transvestites and all that. But, still, peeing in public is a difficult enough activity already, without having an Angelina Jolie look-alike standing eight inches to my left and smiling at me.

Transvestite rights??? What about the rights of those of us who get stage-fright easily???

I'm just saying.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

OMG, I am laughing so much.

Thanks to the people who have amused me.

I can see how an Angelina might put you off.

I am glad that women can pee in private.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

that's why i have trouble with the problem!

the people i know are very discrete about these things.

transsexuals would not have a problem nor would the establishments or customers.

it would be a horrible expense to add more bathrooms to a place. really, i know.

dumb law.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
My only question is, are there really that many Transvestites in Argentina to necessitate such a bill?

Are there really that many that they need to create a third bathroom?

My thoughts are, if you have a penis, you go into the Men's restroom. If you have a vagina, you go into the Womens restroom. Simple as that.

yes ... agreed

some people just cant use their brain or discuss before proposing this non sense

they should first do a study to make sure its worth the money and if the transvestites agree with that, since, its for them

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join