It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists display Quantum Teleportation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well Lets keep in mind that time, Is a man made thing we created it to keep track of the light when really if we made it up it does not actually exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

As I misunderstand it, the sender put all of his photons thru a filter so he detects all of them in a given state. When then the receiver detects that all his photons are in the same state, he knows that a message is being sent, but without a prearranged key, he doesn't know what that state means. But if the receiver can tell when a message is being sent, it's a simple matter for the sender to bypass the key. All the sender has to do is vary the time interval between messages, and the time interval IS the message. Does that make sense?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phractal Phil

I think I get it. Time interval becomes message itself. Hmmm... like a high tech Morse Code, that can never be intercepted?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

For a secure channel to work, the receiver must already have the key. The method I am proposing would defeat the security aspect.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
truly amazing. lets see how this evolves in a few years. now the chinese could adapt this for the civilian market somehow and make a lot of $$$ from it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Excellent. Now they need to make CPU's which can process information in "no time".

Great find BTW, I love news like this, S&F.

EDIT:

They call it "quantum teleportation" because of the tiny scale of the experiment, and because the information transmission occurs so quickly.
They actually call it "quantum teleportation" because it utilizes the laws of quantum mechanics, more precisely, because of quantum entanglement. And as we discovered the other day the rules of quantum mechanics can apply to macroscopic objects.

edit on 10/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

Technically it's not the cpu that limits speed, it's the bus. The copper used to send the data back and forth can only do it so fast. IBM is working on chip sets that transmit data between components using light instead of using those copper lines.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Money and drugs have warped into my condo often, I really have no explanation why except knowing the theory behind matter transfer
edit on 28-12-2010 by CallTransOpt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Quantum Teleportation will be used for energy one day.
Discuss

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Forgot about this one, wanted an update, couldn't find it here, did the google thing. Overview, quantum teleportation: 1997 - Austria; 2005 - DARPA; 2010 - China; 2013 - Japan; 2013 - test of SuperDense theory on space station announced. NOTE: Quantum info tech already used, eg., for encoding some bank transactions in Europe. ....Any chance you could give us a better update on where this technology is at now? (Or known to be at?) Do you think we'll be seeing quantum tech cell phones anytime soon? (lol, not likely I know.)

quantum teleportation theory to be tested on space station

A theory—SuperDense quantum teleportation—posed by Hampshire College physics professor Herbert Bernstein will be tested on the International Space Station.

…Bernstein said that quantum information technology will likely be used by NASA in the future for things such as securely sending information back from deep space. It can also be applied to secure communications and in computing problems that can't be tackled effectively by ordinary computers. It is already in use for encoding some bank transactions in Europe.

Furusawa group at the University of Tokyo has succeeded in demonstrating complete quantum teleportation of photonic quantum bits by a hybrid technique for the first time worldwide.

In 1997, quantum teleportation of photonic quantum bits was achieved by a research team at Innsbruck University in Austria.

…"In 2005, a group of universities and defense corporations under a Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) grant …succeeded in transferring cryptographic keys over a free-space link of 23 km in Cambridge, Massachusetts,"…

the difference between the Chinese experiment and DARPA's lies mainly in the transmission mechanism: The new researchers opted for blue lasers, rather than infrared ones. But both groups are racing to perfect the technology, which Luce says could transform future warfare.

"It could revolutionize secure communications for military and intelligence organizations -- and may become the watershed of a research race in communication and information technology," Luce wrote.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

beebs
Thanks for the articles, I remember when this was going around the news sites the first time.

I really liked the Time article, though. Puts an interesting spin on the whole deal.

All this talk of quantum communication reminds me of AstroEngineer, who was banished from ATS quite ruthlessly.

His blog is here:
AstroEngineer blog

He basically said that he and another guy working for the gov't stumbled upon evidence that Spirit had experimental quantum communication technology on board from JPL.

Interesting that he endorsed ATS on his site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join