It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists display Quantum Teleportation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You do have a point. Unfortunately ever since humans started utilizing machines they lost touch with the concept of energy and the spirit, and the mind took over. Considering this is China, the oldest power in modern civilization, I would like to understand what unconventional tactic these guys have used.

Its amazing how science, politics and economy all pretend that energy-fields dont exist, isnt it? Idiotic.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So this is how the Chineese intend to get their army on Americansoil without getting blown out of the water.

heh jk

no really. beam me up scotty

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Back in a May and June, there were at least three ATS discussions on this topic.
Teleportation and quantum entanglement
Quantum teleportation achieved over ten miles of free space
This is my response.

EDIT: Sorry about the duplicate links. I've deleted one; I'm pretty sure there was a third discussion on the topic.

edit on 2010/9/10 by Phractal Phil because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Found it: China Teleports Photons 10 Miles, Surpasses U.S./European Record

edit on 2010/9/10 by Phractal Phil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
"Quantum communications" was initially proven in 1993 using a classical emulation of a quantum EPR bridge. It was demonstrated a number of times with the involvement of southern Ontario universities up until the fall of 1996 when DARPA got their collective hands on it.

The transference of wave-based information through the gateway is simple and straightforward, but there is a problem, the output information from the entangled emulation node is orthogonal, meaning inverted. So a multi-dimensional signal goes in, like a radio wave, it gets inverted, pretty easy to read, you just need an inverter and the same data comes out in the end.

Physical transportation through the gateway is a real problem, when orthogonal inversion occurs on structured matter, it literally turns inside out. If it was alive when it went in, it won't be when it comes out. So what you have to do is multiphase transportation, in our case for matter, that would be three gateway nodes A to B inverts and B to C inverts again bringing the transferred object back to the correct orientation, correct? Well, sounds good in theory, but there is one problem; to make a stable link requires two gateway nodes, three creates a link destructive interference pattern.

So, can classical level structured matter pass through an EPR Gateway or ER Bridge and come out in its original configuration? Highly improbable. Electronic signals, eg EM wave-function however has been demonstrated, is already happening and it does work.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would take the Chinese to steal it from us Aussies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh well,at least it proved that the experiment could be replicated.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

The Chinese haven't just caught up with the Ausies; if they're telling the truth, they have leapfrogged well ahead of the Ausies. The key factor is distance. The Chinese claim 16 km; I haven't found anything on how far the Ausies got. Unfortunately, we can't trust anything the Chinese say. For that matter, the fact that they say anything is proof that they are lying. I anxiously await confirmation.

My comments in a related discussion:
Quantum teleportation achieved over ten miles of free space

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There was a big, fascinating article in the Austrailian "New Scientist" in the late 1990s about work being done on producing twinned electrons, explaining the various uses to which they could be put. One use was to place one electron in an enclosed area you could not see inside, and map the movements of that electron by mapping the movement of the twinned electron in the lab, in order to get a picture of the contents of the enclosed area.

Another use, of course, was to enclose both elecrons in separate containers and put one on a space-ship, to provide instantaneous communication between the spaceship and Earth.

Because of an odd dream, when the ill-fated Columbia took off, I wondered if it might be taking a communication device based on twinned electrons to test in space for the military. Considering the research done in the 90's, the timing seemed about right.

I don't know how many people here remember the search for pieces of the Columbia after the disaster, but there were odd things about it. Ordinary people were recruited by the thousand to search, but instead of feeling appreciated for their voluntary help, they felt threatened by black suited, heavily armed "supervisers" guarding them, and intrusive searches of themselves afterwards.

One article in one of the biggest American papers online explained that a focus of the search was a communication device. However, within hours, this article was changed, and reference to the communication device eliminated.

I found one curious titbit afterwards, but, as it's stayed up online, it probably means nothing:

The Chron says NASA administrators confirmed that a photograph showing an odd streak of light, taken by a San Francisco amateur astronomer, is being evaluated by Columbia crash investigators. Shuttle investigators are not certain if the oddity is real or an artifact.

www.space.com...

The poster who pretended to be a NASA engineer and strung people along without ever revealing anything was full of #, but his contention that quantum communication is being trialed on Mars may have some truth in it.

Logically, if something like this is possible, Darpa or a similar orginisation will be developing it, and will not be sharing their research with anyone. So the research we see is just a long delayed reinvention of the wheel.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Well if this is true, not just CPU but every communication method will become real time, which is damn exciting. Just imagine what you could do with that speed.

This was already proven theoretically, now it is tested, finally, it is true

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Well if this is true, not just CPU but every communication method will become real time, which is damn exciting. Just imagine what you could do with that speed.
This was already proven theoretically, now it is tested, finally, it is true

It's not so easy.

Quantum communication only occurs between twinned particles.
You need two particles, formed at the same time, then contained separately and separated in space.
For an instantaneous phone call, you and the person at the other end would have to share a twinned particle. ...Or perhaps it may take many particles, and they might run out, as some say the act of observing the bit of information destroys the entanglement of the particles.

Where this technology would be useful, and I suspect is being worked on, would be for the military in America who are using American pilots, sitting at nice safe desks in America, to pilot drones half a world away in war areas. In this case you only need two links, one on the drone, one on the desk.

When mankind gets back into space, as is bound to happen eventually, we'll have instantaneous communication from anywhere to the base at which the other half of the twinned particles reside to look forward to.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
For those wondering about the details of this 'Quantum Communication', it's all about the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, which basically states that we cannot measure a particles position AND its momentum simultaneously.

Basically, - as I understand it - in order to observe a particle's position, we have to slow it down (mainly by adding in other particle wave-packets which counteract the particles momentum). Once the particle is slowed enough for us to measure it's position we can no longer ascertain it's relative momentum (because we had to slow it down to measure it's position).

This isn't to say we can't generalize about a particles position and momentum - or draw conclusions based on data from one or the other. Heisenberg only says we cannot *precisely* measure both a particles momentum and its position simultaneously.

Knowing this, you can draw the conclusion about 'secure' communication. Using Quantum entaglement, they can manipulate a particle pair - but an eavesdropper can only measure the momentum OR the position of a particlular particle in that data set. If the position is measured, the reciever will know because the particle's velocity has been tampered with in order to measure it, and vice versa.

You can read more at wikipedia - Uncertaintly Principle

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Google Video Link

That the Chinese are proving that TELEPORTATION is possible is merely additional to the fact that TELEPORTATION was shown to be a reality several years back during investigations carried out at the Naval Research Laboratory in Maryland in the USA. They stated that TELEPORTATION is a real phenomenon but at that time they could not come up with an explanation as to how it was functioning. It seems that the Chinese are understanding how it works and are onto a method by which to harness it for industrial application. Perhaps TELEPORTATION devices will become common place in years to come such that for example we will send and receive packages via these devices set up in our homes. Becoming as common to future generations as TV and telephones and computers are to us today.

My comprehension is that TELEPORTATION between dimensions is a naturally occurring process going on all the time without us being consciously aware of it. Please follow my instructions contained in the above video called MIANYANG and see if you get any results. MIANYANG is Mandarin Chinese meaning "To look at the stars in the sky reflected in the surface of a body of water". Albert Einstein called it "The folding of the fabric of space and time". Take a flat sheet of paper. It has width and length but no height. It exists in two dimensions only. Make a point A and a point B. Point A and point B are separated in space and it takes time to travel between the two points. However if we introduce into the equation a higher dimensionality. The third dimension. We can fold the paper in that third dimension such that point A and point B are nolonger separated. Such that point A and point B become one point in time and space. Thus in higher dimensionality the time to travel from point A to point B is zero time. This is called QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT and is ubiquitous through out nature such that every atom is at one with every other atom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89be64c7b7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

I recommend that you get a copy of and read "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by MICHAEL TALBOT published by HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHERS. ISBN 0-586-09171-8.

> AMAZON BOOKS <

> SHIMONO <

edit on 11/9/2010 by CAELENIUM because: spelling corrections

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Interesting Trivia:
What you just described is a scene in the movie 'Event Horizon' where the good doctor talks about 'folding space and time' and even uses a sheet of paper to demonstrate the idea.

Also, while novel, I have to disagree with your interpretation of a flat sheet of paper being two dimensional (IE width and length but no height or depth) as this is simply not true. All things exist in 4 dimensional space/time (Width, Length, Depth/Height and Time).

Maybe you're using that description as more of a metaphor?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

beaming a message more or less instantaneously

More or less?

So they are saying the message could have arrived before it was even sent?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Are you talking about "Crossing the Event Horizon" with Nassim Haramein ?

and to answer for Caelenium, yes, it was only a metaphor.

edit on 11-9-2010 by thunderabove because: add something

edit on 11-9-2010 by thunderabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Cool find. S&F

My questions:

Why are we "racing" instead of collaborating?
Oh yeah. We're all enemies. Forgot.

But seriously - there must be WAY more potential than warfare applications. Oh yeah. Forgot that too. We give all our money to the military-industrial complex so they're the only ones who have the cash for RD.

...the difference between the Chinese experiment and DARPA's lies mainly in the transmission mechanism: The new researchers opted for blue lasers, rather than infrared ones. But both groups are racing to perfect the technology, which Luce says could transform future warfare.

"It could revolutionize secure communications for military and intelligence organizations -- and may become the watershed of a research race in communication and information technology," Luce wrote.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not quite the Teleportation imaged in Ian Xel Lungold's Mayan Tun Calendar but its late.......

On a serious note this is fantastic for the communication industries and computing....we live in the greatest of times.....unless you like deer skins and clubs in which case your out of luck, maybe a club 18 to 30 holiday I've heard they get quite wild
S+F

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
it's too bad that by the time they can actually teleport matter it will cost so much the average person still won't be able to do it. i love how our future technological progress is constantly sold out in the name of the almighty dollar. not only are they greedy pigs, but they are also setting back the entire human race. way to go, guys.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The Chinese wouldn't have this technology if it wasn't for Bill and Hilary letting them walk around Los Alamos for campaign contributions.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderabove

They are claiming to communicate instantaneously in the reference frame of the "quantum ether". I prefer to call it simply "THE ether"—the medium of all the forces and waves. I suspect that the ether is stationary relative to the CMB. The blue shift in the CMB in the direction of Virgo suggests we are moving in that direction relative to the ether at about 627 km/s.

According to special relativity, γ(627 km/s) = 1.0000022 and t' = γ(t-(vx/c²)). Suppose a signal is transmitted from A to B instantaneously in the reference frame of the ether, but A & B are stationary relative to Earth, which is moving toward Virgo at 627 km/s relative to the ether. Suppose that B is closer to Virgo than A. In Earth's reference frame, the signal will arrive at B 7 ns/km before it is sent from A. That's 7 ns for each km that B is closer to Virgo than A.

There is no violation of causality in this because a signal from B to A would arrive at A 7 ns/km after it is sent from B. Therefor, a 2-way communication would have zero propagation delay in every reference frame. There is no way to send a message into your own past. To receive a message at B before you send it from A, you would have to transport your physical body from A to B instantaneously relative to the ether. And instantaneous communication does not imply the possibility of FTL travel. In these experiments, not even energy is exceeding the speed of light.

I explained all this in an earlier discussion of this topic.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I give it 30 years until the first human is teleported in no time from London to New York. What say you guys...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join