It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of officers in earthquake training... despite only 11 British deaths in 1,000 years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well thank you all for replies so far i do understand we need to to be ready for any disaster that comes along and they do seem to be more frequent of late.

A couple of points still unanswered.

1 If the money came from EU why do the taxpayer have to pay for something that was payed for

2 Why were there middle eastern officials there i can understand the ones from EU been there but from the middle east seems odd.

And has some posters pointed out the buildings in the UK would not stand a 5 mag.
I have nothing more to add to this thread it was just something that stood out as strange when i saw it yesterday and most found it strange too.

So what did i learn from this thread (we need to be prepared for all disasters) do i still find it strange YES but that's me well thank you all your replies made this thread interesting

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
is there a chance this could have been training for something other than an earth quake?

its britain we hardly ever get earth quakes and when we do its barely noticable (i slept through the only earth quake to happen during my lifetime)

shouting haarp is a little rash i think.

perhaps it was training for nuclear fallout or similar scenarios?

cars and buildings on fire? doesnt sound like earth quake material to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

If that was the one we had last year it woke me up that was the only time i felt an earthquake it swung my bedroom door open the misses slept through it

As for HAARP who knows but i doubt it but in this day and age anything is possible the most plausible to me are meteor /asteroid/ bomb but it could be preparation for anything all we can do is speculate.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Not sure if anybody has seen this artical or heard of this exercise yet.

Armenia hosts NATO disaster response exercise “ARMENIA 2010”

“ARMENIA 2010” is the tenth field exercise conducted by the EADRCC since 2000 and the first to be hosted by Armenia as its contribution to the Partnership for Peace (PfP) programme for 2010. It is the first field exercise open to Mediterranean Dialogue (MD) and Istanbul Cooperation Iinitiative (ICI) countries for participation.

The scenario
On 11 September 2010 at 09:05 a.m., an earthquake of 7.2 Richter Scale (equal to the moment magnitude) occurred in the Kotayk region of the Republic of Armenia. The hypocenter was located in 10 km depth, and the epicentre was located 8 km north-east of the city of Abovyan.

LINKARMENIA 2010

So it seems that the UK is not the only country to be hosting "disaster training"

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

This ones not as strange seen as its there tenth one but the scenario is more or less the same the question this brings are we about to see a uptick in earthquakes with all this training going on

Thanks for that

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

1 If the money came from EU why do the taxpayer have to pay for something that was payed for

We don't - that's the media deliberately misleading you (or maybe just not bothering to check the facts in the first case). Although I suppose technically some of the EU money would have been from the UK's contribution to the EU budget which in term originated in taxes.

But considering how the EU wastes money, this was IMO an negligible sum, for once spent on a worthwhile cause.

Also, some local businesses would have gained as those involved in the exercise had to eat and sleep somewhere

2 Why were there middle eastern officials there i can understand the ones from EU been there but from the middle east seems odd.

Must admit I thought it odd at first. but I suppose it's quite likely that the Saudi rescue team would be involved in any major European disaster as they're not that far away so therefore made sense for them to train with us.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So, we have emergency training for an earthquake that would have to be freak at best, it is costing the tax payer, nearly 1 million pounds, we have all manner of cost cutting going on, many billions in cuts, the armed forces being scaled back significantly and all this from a 'coalition government'.

Coalition governments are very rare in this country and are normaly associated with a National emergency scenario.

A national government (alternatively a national unity or national union government) is a broad coalition government consisting of all parties (or all major parties) in the legislature, usually formed during a time of war or other national emergency.

United States

In hopes of bridging partisan politics during the American Civil War, Abraham Lincoln ran his second term as a National Union government with Democrat Andrew Johnson as his vice-president.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sound familiar?

Then again it could all be for the reasons they say.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Skellon because: Adding the United States reference

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan i must admit i find it hard to not agree with you the EU dose waist a lot of money and the amount the UK puts in and what we get out of it is ridiculous to say the least

I will just say this i agree we need to be ready for any disaster but all this money no mater where it comes from with the monetary situation going on all over the world right now it seems strange.

If more of these type of training exercises start happening for same type of scenario it will do my paranoid mind no good

But i will just put this down to normal practise but still odd i have enjoyed this thread.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

No. Nothing of the sort. And the coalition govt certainly had nothing to do with and exercise that Hampshire FRS has been planning ever since they first bid for EU funding for it in December 2008.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Well I've just found out the Hampshire FRS originally applied to the EU for funding for this exercise in December 2008 - so I'm guessing it's all part of long term strategy and nothing to be 'concerned' about. They've held other (smaller) exercises in th past too.

Anyway thanks for the thread
What it has shown to me (once again) is how unreliable the popular media can be and that it always pays to check as many sources as possible before assuming a story published by the media is true and accurate.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Essan because: additional comment

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You may say, "Nothing of the sort", however, this implies that you accept the official line on everything, I do not.

If everything was as simple as you suggest, we would not be here discussing this on this forum.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
quote "such an event will almost certainly never happen". that means although it is highly unlikely it is still possible and to be honest with the recent disasters around the world leaving firecrews scratching their heads and disorganized I feel a little better knowing they will be trained for such things.

The article itself discusses how it is an exercise that throws the most extreme situations at the fire fighters, this means they can use such training to apply to many scenarios.

They do drills and training day in day out, its just this is a little larger exercise.
I hope nothing does happen out of coincidence because these boards will be filled with "running exercises prior to event!" nonsense.

Why should firecrews be unprepared just because something is likely not to happen?
No conspiracy here but I can see why it was an easy story to twist into one.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I hope its not to big to give Ireland a jolt aswell!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by boo1981

This ones not as strange seen as its there tenth one but the scenario is more or less the same the question this brings are we about to see a uptick in earthquakes with all this training going on

Thanks for that

Thankyou

No its not strange as they have been doing this since 2000. But what it brings into question is, has something been known to TPTB since then???? I do think a lot of things have come to light this year but thats just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by JohnySeagull

You may have something there Johny with you're question; Incoming Asteroid?

Plausible deniability, train for a freak earthquake and we get hit by an asteroid, most people would not be suspicious.

Infact most people would'nt even remember this training event, the ones that do (us) will be claiming that they knew all along as they trained for a totally different event....

Though, as we know, this training would double-up for an impact.

As it's a conspiracy forum I'm going to go with this as well, does seem a little odd to call an 'Earth Quake" scenario "eXercise Orion"

hmmmmm... not to mention that there has been massive cuts/proposed cuts to public services including the police - 40,000 police officers potentially losing their jobs in the near future
www.guardian.co.uk...

And as has been mentioned preparing for floods or using this money to better avoid future flooding defences might be better spent.

Tin hats and sand bags at the ready - we're gonna be in for a bumpy ride

edit on 11-9-2010 by badBERTHA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

If they were going to attack the UK using HAARP, why would they train the emergency services to respond?

Perhaps because they want to create fear and not actually kill people? Still doesn't really make sense to me. More likely they're just idiots - or using their ridiculous training scenario budget before it gets massively cut by the con-dem coalition.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well they did something similar on 7/7/5 London so called terrorist Bomb outrage!

edit on 11-9-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

7/7/7? Surely you mean 7/7/05?

Anyway, i think alot of you are buying into the sensationalism a little too much and ignoring the rational explanations offered a few times already. Which is ironic, as the very same people would call the media "Government mouthpeices" and "propoganda mills" in other threads.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Picking an example from another country some 150 years ago is a bad way of arguing your point.

You know full well why we have a coalition Government and you also know full well that coalition Governments are actually alot more common than you make out.

"Coalition Governments form only in national emergencies"....
No, they don't...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

All right i mean 05,, i still it was an inside job just when they were doing a so called exercise! my wife nearly got it that day, an dont come on here an patronize me!

edit on 11-9-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join