It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of officers in earthquake training... despite only 11 British deaths in 1,000 years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

So, because your wife happened to be involved that day, I shouldn't correct you and confer some sort of respect? Maybe I should cash in the numerous times I almost got blown up whilst living in N.I or Germany...

And no, 7/7 wasn't an inside job and these rumours of some sort of exercise being held that day are dubious at best. I think what your referring to was a conference (by private firms) on Counter-Terrorism strategy that was being held in London that week, but these happen so often that something is bound to coincide with one sooner or later.

With that sort of logic, one could summise that because an air force jet happened to be in the sky near a jetliner that crashed then it must have been involved, despite the fact jet fighters are in the sky on a regular occurence.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

That statement was lifted from Wiki, and yes, in the context Wiki states it, it is correct.

I am approaching this from a different angle, do not take me to be dumb.

The problem with too many posters, mostly the skeptics on here, is that they do not give TPTB much credit for intelligence and always seem to speak as an authority on a subject.

When we are dealing with TPTB, we are dealing with superior intellects as they have access to many 'think tanks', to even begin thinking we can casually state "yes, this is so" or "this is not the case" is to assume, as individuals, we are smarter than some of the best minds out there.

Dubious events that remain unsolved, do so, for good reason. These 'operations' take years, if not decades to plan through, by many minds, paid to do nothing but plan.

You speak as if these things are rustled up in a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

And you speak as if this army of inteliigencia, military and other personel are all, somehow, stoicly silent on these nefarious things their up too. Not a single one of them thinks to blow the whistle. The only ones we have crowing about the NWO are a handful of US radio DJ's who, lets be honest, make a very good living selling fear to the public.

All the NWO and Illuminati theories are so convoluted that if they were real, these PTB would have to be the luckiest bastards on the Planet for ALL their overly-complex schemes which take decades to plan, actually work out!

The simpler a scheme, the more likely it is to succeed. That is why these "islamic terrorists" are caugfht so often, because they plan for years and have complex schemes. If they just kept it simple and did a car bomb on Oxford street, instead of planning and rehearsing synchronised attacks, they'd actually be able to pull it off every time and not be caught.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Stu,

When I mention TPTB, that is exactly what they are, I am not sold on 'Illuminati' or 'NWO' specifically, logic dictates that there are powers above governments as 'money is power' and governments do not represent the wealth of this world.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is one of those times when you wish you could resort to colourful language without being barred.

The reason why they pretend there is an extreme (and yet extremely unlikely ) event is to find out the problems with the emergency services when they are stretched beyond expected limits. NOTHING mysterious NOTHING to be paranoid about.

IN FACT ANYONE WHO LISTENED TO THE NEWS PROPERLY WITHOUT GOING OFF ON ONE WOULD ALREADY KNOW THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

yeah, same can be said about the exercises on 9/11 that could of prevented those planes from hitting.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Hi,

I posted this thread on the 4th Sept: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not many people responded to it though but check it out....

Now you've posted this thread!!

I have Pyschic abilities such as pre-cog and some clairvoyance and stuff..... this one was very unusual as it actually felt like there were rumblings underground... as if something was brewing for a big event....

As you pointed out though... we don't get huge Earthquakes here....

edit on 11-9-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

All right i mean 05,, i still it was an inside job just when they were doing a so called exercise! my wife nearly got it that day, an dont come on here an patronize me!

Er, yeah, right. And before then thousands of such crisis management exercises had taken place and since then many thousand more have. Indeed, I'm sure at least severaltook place this very week. All in response to the terrorists attacks on London in the early 90s.

None of which has any relevance to European rescue teams that have been involved in saving hundreds lives in earthquakes around the world in recent years holding a training exercise together in England.

Originally posted by Skellon
The problem with too many posters, mostly the skeptics on here, is that they do not give TPTB much credit for intelligence and always seem to speak as an authority on a subject.

The problem with some non sceptics seems to be that they believe whatever the gutter press tell them and get very irate when people point out the truth

Not everything is a conspriacy!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've posted this elsewhere but I think it is worth repeating. If you're going to state something verifiable about the frequency/magnitude of earthquakes then at least take the time to verify it

British Geological Society - UK earthquake frequency

From that link, we find that:

(i) Between 150-200 earthquakes are reported in the UK and surrounding waters every year.

(ii) Based on observations made between 1989 and 2009, a magnitude 4.0 - 4.9 earthquake occurs on average every two years on the mainland, while a magnitude 5.0 or greater occurs on average every 8 years on the mainland.

It's fair to say that we never seem to suffer the effects of severe earthquakes, but that is not the same as saying "we don't have earthquakes here". The numbers certainly suggest the potential for an earthquake that requires emergency action.

Having said that, I personally believe it was just chosen as a training ground to practice dealing with international quakes (and funded by the EU for that reason), not because there is an expected risk to the UK.

edit on 12-9-2010 by EvillerBob because: Glaring typographical issue

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Synchronicity in action my friend.
I think you lit the -SPRK- of +A+ wareness.
I know, it's catchy.

The -signals+ Are all around you.
They are there for the 'reasoning' for a Reason; a Good one.
Folks are conditioned to look 'out' for the answers.
They have lost faith and/or fail to acknowledge their ability to find answers from 'within'.

That's beginning to change.
One folk at a time.
The worm has turned away from it's core.

You're paying attention.
Good for you.
It's the flock that don't see their fences.

They never knew they had the key.
You know what I mean.
Maybe not.....

edit on 13-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I do not think that this would be very strange at all. I am surprised that they have not done this earlier, and with more members of the European Union. There are parts of Europe that are in volcanic areas, and suffer from earthquakes on a regular basis. It makes sense that they would hold these trainings as they can to where when a major earthquake does strike they can send people who are trained to be able to assist and help out.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Interesting artical

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Britain is overdue a killer earthquake that could see up to 100 people crushed to death, a leading geologist warned today.
Dr Roger Musson of the British Geological Survey believes a fracture in the earth's crust beneath the English Channel could 'fail' at any time, sending a tremor rippling across the South-East.
The same fault was to blame for one of Britain's biggest earthquakes in the last 500 years - a magnitude 6 quake that killed two people in London in 1580.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I think the Daily Mail made up the 'hundred people crushed to death bit'

From the BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yep, one day we'll get a biggish earthquake.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

With the buildings of today in UK and still a lot of old buildings still standing it could end up way more than that but it would after be a 5 or 6 mag very rare.

Like the old saying they don't make them like they used to but the ones that was built to last are showing there age.

Big earthquakes very rare but not unheard of.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The plot thickens it seems;

Killer earthquake warning issued

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Yes but you got to take in to consideration these so called experts are always saying something is overdue.
For example Yellowstone is overdue.
But like i said way back in this thread do they know something that they are not telling us

Well i live far from London in Yorkshire but i do look at this every now and then hisz.rsoe.hu... and i have seen one or two small ones around the Yorkshire area.

So thanks for adding that Skellon you just never know.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What the it seems to be all over the place with this now.

Expert predicts 5.5 magnitude earthquake could hit London at any time

Britain is overdue a potentially devastating earthquake that could topple London's grandest landmarks, cause billions of pounds worth of damage and endanger scores of lives, a leading seismologist warned yesterday.
Dr Roger Musson of the British Geological Survey in Edinburgh said that a sub-sea fault under the Straits of Dover that has caused two large earthquakes in the past 700 years could strike again at any time, putting London in the firing line.

Link www.independent.co.uk...

Just makes you wonder if that's why they had the training exercise don't you think.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Something does seem a little 'fishy' regarding the timing.

If they do not know anything concrete, and why would they? Why are they trying to stir fear? Why now?

It will be interesting to see what plays out, if anything.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Too right it seems fishy for all this 5.5 mag overdue for London just after the exercise i was just going to put it down as normal practice but now its just not funny anymore.

Misses phoned me from work says to me" maybe you are on to something"as she read about this in paper i just hope there is nothing to this strange times.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

This story is on MSN as well:

news.uk.msn.com...

Yet a 5.5 earthquake is actually still quite small. The one that hit New Zealand recently was 7.1 I think, which is a medium sized one. So why on earth is the Mainstream Media touting this story...??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join