It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of officers in earthquake training... despite only 11 British deaths in 1,000 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

You may have something there Johny with you're question; Incoming Asteroid?

Plausible deniability, train for a freak earthquake and we get hit by an asteroid, most people would not be suspicious.

Infact most people would'nt even remember this training event, the ones that do (us) will be claiming that they knew all along as they trained for a totally different event....

Though, as we know, this training would double-up for an impact.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Could local or territorial governments delegate these trained officers to other parts of the world in-case another scenario like in Haiti takes place? That is the only other reason I could see justifying the amount of money spent on something like this. Although I can agree that it is better to be prepared than not.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Kevinquisitor because: misuse of a proper noun

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's most likely due to 2012.

Governments of the world must know somthing.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

you still haven't figured out that even though they called it an earthquake drill that they were practicing for any number of other disasters that could happen at any time in the UK or anywhere in the world for that matter.

Basically that could be said for any drill as it really doesn't matter what the scenario is as much as it is to see how well various first responders work together and to see how they can improve the way they work together. So i have a suggestion for you quit getting hung up on the word earthquake and just be happy that the first responders are working to improve how they work together with agencies in your country and from other countries as well!

And BTW even if they was practicing for an earthquake in the UK. as big of a stink as your making now if they wouldn't have practiced for anything and a major quake hit the UK you'd then be pissing and moaning that they wasn't prepared

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

dont like this one bit
lets go in to ats mode or tin foil hat mode

i suspect more earthquakes an alien invasion
and ww 3 all within in six months
just watch

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
first thing that springs to mind is if its a man made earthquake its a good way to create a sh*t load of jobs and get the unemployment line down.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
the likelihood of them actually training for an earthquake is nil. ... I mean nil ( trust me I am there, and used to work for emergency services for 20 years) If an earthquake happened ( which it NEVER has... we have the odd tremor but NO earthquakes) we would not be involved with Saudi emergency services ( they were there !)

The Comet scenario is possible but I dont know enough about it to comment.
My personal guess is that Israel are preparing a first strike on Iran and Iran almost certainly have a nuke by now, the European ( and US) governments are expecting serious panic/ civil disorder.afterwards..

Worse than that would be a possible escalation from the middle east ( worse that is if you are not reading this from Iran or Tel Aviv!)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would think they are just training the officers so that they could be deployed to somewhere like Haiti if needed.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgrammaman
first thing that springs to mind is if its a man made earthquake its a good way to create a sh*t load of jobs and get the unemployment line down.

Although even well into the 60's there were still massive piles of rubble around London left over from WWII.

They had plenty of manpower for building, they simply had no money to do so.

Even an earthquake similar to what was seen in New Zealand recently would simply overwhelm the British healthcare, emergency services, and all other infrastructure very, very quickly. The building in Britian simply aren't built to withstand earthquakes, it's not necessary.

If there was ever a richter scale 8 earthquake in Britian, there would be NOTHING LEFT in the area of the epicenter to rescue.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hear that some subway stations on the approach to Heathrow were closed today (Friday) for "training exercises" as well.

I was half expecting a "terrorist attack" today. I have family living near a couple of the stations that were closed and they stayed well clear of public transport today just in case.

It's the same as what they did on 7/7 in England. They were "holding training exercises" near every single terminal that was blown up. Just like 9/11, "holding training exercises" regarding a terrorist attack on a tall building at the exact same time.

TPTB - It's growing old.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There is no way they were doing a massive exercise to train people for Haiti or other such places, unless they know there is going to be a huge spate of earthquakes, in which case deliberately caused earthquakes would be the only ones they could predict.

What was Saudi Arabia doing in an EU exercise? That's something I don't understand.

I'm thinking that just before 9/11 there was an 'exercise' for something like planes hitting a tall building, or something similar. Pre 7/7 ssme thing. So, I am uneasy about this news.

Something doesn't seem right, it's not quite adding up to me. Don't like it, don't trust the Government and it seems ominous.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Haiti was just a trial run for something much grandeur.
The folkmasters always perform a real time, live fire, trial first.
For one it readies and filters the troops, two, exposes them to the situation. three, assists with contingency planning. etc.

Katrina was a trial run of it's own kind.
Can you think of any parallels?
.....or how many?

edit on 10-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Maybe Sedna...err Nibiru does pass by and causes a tragic event?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Are they getting ready for something BIG

To me this is very odd we are in a recession cuts everywhere hear and they are spending money on something that mite never happen something's not right or am i just paranoid.

Trust your instincts.

What do you think

I think I wish expressing my thoughts mattered, and didn't come with repercussions.

- Lee

edit on 10-9-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This does sound a bit strange , but like someone said earlier in this thread this could just be disguised as an earthquake training program but really could fit any scenario. Such as how to round up the public when they are in mass panick or looting occurs.

Also randomly off topic..you ever get the feeling somethings are such a coincedence they cant be ignored. Was reading over this thread at like 4:00am and randomly flicking through late night tv, an Earthquake film was on ITV uk tv (1974) . IF that was not weird enough, I took a look at the tv screen and randomly noticed this in the background on one of the scenes.

Freaked me out as it felt too weird to be coincedental.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Of course they're going to train for earthquake management.

You don't expect them to panic the population by saying they're training for a nuclear explosion in the event of Russia objecting to the upcoming attack on Iran, do you?

It might put people off swallowing the next war.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You do understand the a earthquake in the 5 to 6 range would cause as much or more damage then a quake in the 7 to 8 in California in the US.
In major earthquake areas in the US they build building to take major quakes.
because the UK has not had a quake in a 1000 years few building in the UK are built for a major quake.

Plus earthquakes are the leading major disaster around the world so if trained for them the small stuff is easy and your departments can respond anywhere in the world if needed for many types of disasters.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
Could local or territorial governments delegate these trained officers to other parts of the world in-case another scenario like in Haiti takes place? That is the only other reason I could see justifying the amount of money spent on something like this. Although I can agree that it is better to be prepared than not.

Well yes. Many of those involved were in Haiti - the Hampshire team has also helped in Indonesia and Iraq. The UK ISAR operation in Haiti was coordinated from the Hampshire Fire Service HQ and I would guess that is why they hosted this international training exercise.

Interesting that both here and on another forum where i posted this story some people are continuing to argue based on the false, misleading, national news stories and not on the actual facts as presented by the local newspaper (and, to be fair, the BBC) - almost as of they want to beleive what the mass media tells them ...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

They are doing it because they realized they were not prepared after the Chch quake.

And who knows where an earthquake will strike next?

I am so glad our emergency services knew the drill.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Could it have something to do with this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join