It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
haha

On the other thread I had a bit of a rant directed at people suspecting that this book burning thing was a conspiracy to force extremists to attack and justify more hate or war against Muslims etc. My rant included this:

Originally posted by Soshh
If -anything- this is a conspiracy to get the Muslims on-side, it's a pretty pathetic attempt at the opposite. Consider that the Pastor backs off following outcry by the public, religious leaders, the Secretary of State and now the President. Yay tolerance yay freedom yay America.

It was just a good call! Coincidence! For future reference I have no intention of taking copious amounts of pain-killers and walking into the woods to cut my wrists with a blunt knife without my finger prints on it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well that is good to hear, no way to spread a message about love and intollerance than burning something of value for no reason other in incite an argument. I would expect this kind of behavior from atheists but not a church.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Yet, he may not even have the meeting. The Florida Imam says he only talked to the wife of the other Imam and they do not even have a meeting time set up yet. Therefore, the meeting might not even be on the table either. Maybe every bit of it is a fabrication just to make people look like they were being the “hero” for doing the right thing.

Raist

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Maybe someone called the Pastor and reminded him that if he burns the Quar'an, there is a itty-bitty chance he might not get 72 virgins in the after life. That is a risk no man in his right mind can take.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Very very true fellow news watcher.

I think the New York Imam will meet with him regardless now. He wants to bridge the gap I think. (don't know his history but right now, he wants good press)

It still smells. Someone is lieing and doing it poorly

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
new info

seems the preacher has a new book out
this article states local Muslims think it is
a publicity stunt to sell his new book.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I have learned that when it comes to politics (and this seems to fit that bill) there is always a smell of poo involved. Sometimes the smell is stronger though.

I have to say I am very interested to see what is next. I am waiting for something else to pop up out of the woodwork.

Raist

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here

I did it for him instead

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7053ee4a2152.jpg[/atsimg]

there now come blow me up muslims

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
Local florida Imam on CNN right now.

He says nothing agreed upon from New York Imam to move the Mosque, just agreement to meet.

Edit...Im pretty sure he just said they dont even have an agreement to meet on Saturday

edit on 9/9/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: add more

Surprise suprise... Don't expect them to back down. Their precious book is full of inspirational goodies.

“Take not the Jews and Christians for friends ... slay the idolaters [infidels] wherever ye find them. ...Fight against those who ... believe not in Allah nor the Last Day” (Sura 5:51; 9:5,29,41).

Sura 8:57 “So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may learn a lesson.”

This next gem is far from love thy neighbor.

Sura 9:123: “Believers! wage war against such of the infidels as are your neighbours, and let them find you rigorous: and know that God is with those who fear him.” Hey neighbor how do you feel about this?

But of course this is all out of context.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American for fear of being attacked by terrorist. George Washington would be proud.

Burning flags is stupid. Burning books is stupid. I highly doubt George Washington would care who was the bigger idiot.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
Burning flags is stupid. Burning books is stupid. I highly doubt George Washington would care who was the bigger idiot.

I highly doubt that since Washington had a flag with him
when he crossed the Delaware by boat.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I highly doubt that since Washington had a flag with him
when he crossed the Delaware by boat.

Did he burn it?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Simply amazing how quickly it goes from……
No burning because building is being moved
Building not being moved but there is a meeting
No definite meeting………………….

Raist

link   

Did he burn it?

No, but I'd bet ya for sure, he'd kill anybody
who tried to.

link   
Any Moron with half a brain would realise what damage this does to Humanity as a whole!

Even Stephen Harper and Peter MacKay have come out - as they should...

ca.news.yahoo.com...

2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT!

This world just needs to be a peaceful race.... I don't have the answers....I just observe

It's sad we can't all get along....

edit on 9-9-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

And of course, in the interest of being unbiased, you are going to submit a post with the Bible verses with instructions to kill non-believers, right?

My Bible says things that we would no longer adhere to, but you feel the need to attack Muslims for similar excerpts from their holy book. Awesome.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Did he burn it?

No, but I'd bet ya for sure, he'd kill anybody
who tried to.

And that detracts from the idiocy of the whole situation... how, exactly?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Jesus and Muhammad got along why can't we?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
My Bible says things that we would no longer adhere to,

see that is part of the problem

folks changing and deleting the parts
of God's word they do not wanna
deal with. It's already been edited
enough.

If it's in the Bible then it is there
for a reason and not to be
edited by man or his whims
or by an Imam of another religion
who doesn't even believe in it.
All that does is dilute Christianity.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
One Christian, effectively silenced.

I'm not a Christian, but I've read the Bible. It seems to me that anyone who feels that setting another peoples religious texts on fire, is a positive endeavor, doesn't exactly ooze Christian qualities.

One (more) Christian, effectively exposed as the embodiment of hypocrisy.

Seriously, I really find it hard to conceptualize why so many people think the Koran has anything to do with the worlds current threat of terrorism.

edit on 9/9/2010 by Unit541 because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join