It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mars May Not Be Lifeless - say scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

BREAKING: Mars May Not Be Lifeless - say scientists

www.bbc.co.uk

Carbon-rich organic molecules, which serve as the building blocks of life, may be present on Mars after all, say scientists - challenging a widely-held notion of the Red Planet as barren.

When Nasa's two Viking landers picked up and examined samples of Martian soil in 1976, scientists found no evidence for carbon-rich molecules or biology.

But after the Phoenix Mars Lander discovered the chlorine-containing chemical perchlorate in the planet's "arctic" region in 2008, scientists decided to re-visit the issue.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

This doesn't say a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencenews.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
abovetopsecret.com...
Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I always knew that this planet had life. I would liek to hear your thoughts, considering this is a top news story on ATS. People seem to have a great interest in Mars. I just finished watching MOON also, and that got me thinking about colonization. What is stopping us from the whole "colonizing Mars" issue? Money? Atmosphere?
I'm not too schooled in this, but I really find it fascinating.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I figure it is because WE are the Martians...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Space is apparently full of "carbon rich molecules" that are the "building blocks of life." But until those molecules somehow magically form themselves into something that eats and reproduces and has a point of view, they're just old dead rocks. So sure, it "may not" be lifeless. But it still might be.

What is stopping us from the whole "colonizing Mars" issue? Money? Atmosphere?

It's really far away. Really. No human being has even been more than 250 thousand miles away from Earth, so trying to go to Mars at its nearest is still around 56 million miles. And for what? To look at some rocks?

So, yes. All those things. Money, logistics, philosophical reasons, etc. Not to say that we won't have a tiny little outpost there someday. But large-scale colonization? It just won't work in the foreseeable future, if ever.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Blue Shift because: I'm a dope.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Life on Marrs, you bet there is & was.

If you read "Dark Mission" by Richard Hoagland, AND THEN, read "End of Days" by Zacharia Sitchen, you will see the truth.

These two books when moulded together, give the history of Marrs, can I suggest you read both one after the other, starting with DM.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Lots of life within that Planet

Just like there is lots of life within our Moon.

Time tick tock

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My sensors indicate that life is within black X shaped structures which live under ground.

When called upon, or provoked, they fly bloody fast.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

Life on Marrs, you bet there is & was.

If you read "Dark Mission" by Richard Hoagland, AND THEN, read "End of Days" by Zacharia Sitchen, you will see the truth.

These two books when moulded together, give the history of Marrs, can I suggest you read both one after the other, starting with DM.

Thank you, I will definitely be looking for these. This makes me wonder what the new discoveries will be... An actual "MARTIAN" animal perhaps?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
My sensors indicate that life is within black X shaped structures which live under ground.

Would you care to elaborate? Which structures? Are there videos of these things?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I figure it is because WE are the Martians...

And john was an alien.

Seriously, this is "THE MAN" crawing back and admitting that the establishment cant hide the truth forever and was wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What people do not understand there is today a tiny race of beings on Mars and animal looking lifeforms. During the Pathfinder-Sojourner mission I discovered 2 verifiable statues that were created by these beings. One of the small statues I call the Cats Meow and the other small statue I call Moia, named after the hundreds of statues on Easter Island on this Earth. A tiny vehicle pulled up along the Pathfinder landing platform and showed what looked to be a Sandmarie face, tiny humanoid being on Mars, this image looked like a projected image like you would see on a tiny tiny T.V. screen or tiny tiny computer screen.

My opinion is the reason that many of the photos from Mars were censored from the rover missions is because there is life forms, cities and many artifacts on Mars. The censoring of real time photos before the 19 minute lag time gives them a cushion to get rid of what the powers that be do not want you to see. You may say there is no real time video of the surface of Mars think again. I call this instant communications Scalar Hyper Link.

These photos I am typing about are not available on the internet and at this time do not have permission to show them. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The Meaning Of Life

From the source article:
But despite the excitement about the finding, the researchers warn it is too early to conclude that the Red Planet has ever had life.

That doesn't mean Mars doesn't have life, but the source article doesn't establish that it does, either.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Little by little we're being subconsciously conditioned to accept that "life" does exist else where.
I say subconsciously because these blips are still sorta on the back page and/or added to the evening news almost in a tongue n cheek manner.

But between the announcement of water on the Moon, new Exoplanets, Europa having ice, the Vatican welcoming space-buddies, Stephen Hawking claiming aliens may not be friendly, the mainstream media constantly picking up UFO stories and now this..................I think we can say we're being fed Disclosure but in baby teaspoon dosages.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

These photos I am typing about are not available on the internet and at this time do not have permission to show them.

How very convenient. However I'm sure there is a multitude of people on this site that are willing to deify you, giving you ample opportunities to sell them t-shirts, stickers and the chance to photograph moth's for the paltry sum of $3000

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

and what kind of sensors would those be? Or is it too secret to disclose?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
What people do not understand there is today a tiny race of beings on Mars and animal looking lifeforms.

These photos I am typing about are not available on the internet and at this time do not have permission to show them. ^Y^

How can we 'understand' if it's being kept from us?
Hoagland and others have shown us photos of anomalies on Mars and the Moon and every single one of them is up for debate, speculation, interpretation and opinion. Nothing is hands-down/crystal clear proof!

I feel we have the capabilities to zoom in on a grain of sand both here on Earth and other planets so why.....the blurry photos?
I further believe NASA (and other underground space agencies/projects here on Earth) have already found artifacts on other planets/Moon. I further believe 'man' is already occupying (experimenting on) these planets and Moon and may be doing so along with extraterrestials..

But the photos that have been passed around (like the Face on Mars, the Statue, towers and tunnels on the Moon) are purposefully 'leaked' out there for ridicule-purposes. The best way to control the population is to keep them dazed & confused but most of all..........divided!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: Spelling and add "along with extraterrestials'

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi
reply to post by amari

These photos I am typing about are not available on the internet and at this time do not have permission to show them.

How very convenient. However I'm sure there is a multitude of people on this site that are willing to deify you, giving you ample opportunities to sell them t-shirts, stickers and the chance to photograph moth's for the paltry sum of $3000

Sorry you feel that way if I am able to show the pics of Mars it would be for free and put that in your pipe and smoke it. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

Would you care to elaborate? Which structures? Are there videos of these things?

Certainly. I was on the red planet throwing rocks at a mountain in anger, when the land shifted and from the ground came a fleet of X's in carbon black. Everyone was alarmed by the quaking. You could see the X shaped things at first, but after a moment the speed was too great.

It was a dream. I had been pissed about some junior nwo types and their technology games on Earth, consumed by it, in fact. I still am, but I don't want to drift from the subject. There's life on the Sun as well...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by amari
What people do not understand there is today a tiny race of beings on Mars and animal looking lifeforms.

How can we 'understand' if it's being kept from us?
Hoagland and others have shown us photos of anomalies on Mars and the Moon and every single one of them is up for debate, speculation, interpretation and opinion. Nothing is hands-down/crystal clear proof!

I feel we have the capabilities to zoom in on a grain of sand both here on Earth and other planets so why.....the blurry photos?
I further believe NASA (and other underground space agencies/projects here on Earth) have already found artifacts on other planets/Moon. I further believe 'man' is already occupying (experimenting on) these planets and Moon and may be doing so along with extraterrestials..

But the photos that have been passed around (like the Face on Mars, the Statue, towers and tunnels on the Moon) are purposefully 'leaked' out there for ridicule-purposes. The best way to control the population is to keep them dazed & confused but most of all..........divided!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: Spelling and add "along with extraterrestials'

These photos I talk about are from someone that worked inside but they did not have a clue what they released. One particular photo has a one wheeled chariot with 2 tiny humanoids in the back seat with a robot up front with what looks to be 2 robotic arms on front of what I call the Chariot. Near the Chariot is what I call 2 white fuzzes similar to cute tiny tiny dogs or some sort of animals. The Cowmonkey is what threw me back it looked like a cows body with a chimps face. In one of the photos that were doctored the Screeners thought they hid a chimp in the shadows of a big rock, wrong you can see the chimp along with his defined hair and these photos are in color. ^Y^

edit on 11-9-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im sure there is life there...prob on Venus and Europa as well. Now what kind of life? Probably just single celled organisms maybe something a little more complex but nothing "spectacular".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join