It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mars May Not Be Lifeless - say scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I believe Mars was most likely was abundant with life once. If we do find something it would be very macroscopic. There are no Aliens, no other animals since species need water and food to live. Some eat plants, and some eat the plant eaters. Without water, plants, good sun light and food then life is very scarce if not there is no life there then. Every picture of Mars I see is barren with Red rust. I can not see anything being alive on that planet unless NASA planed a to colonize the planet.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

Originally posted by Red_xi
reply to post by amari

These photos I am typing about are not available on the internet and at this time do not have permission to show them.

How very convenient. However I'm sure there is a multitude of people on this site that are willing to deify you, giving you ample opportunities to sell them t-shirts, stickers and the chance to photograph moth's for the paltry sum of $3000

Sorry you feel that way if I am able to show the pics of Mars it would be for free and put that in your pipe and smoke it. ^Y^

Well until that day my friend, I want be smoking anything.

And I hope you do, because little men in chariots, I really want to see

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by amari

These photos I am typing about are not available on the internet and at this time do not have permission to show them.

How very convenient. However I'm sure there is a multitude of people on this site that are willing to deify you, giving you ample opportunities to sell them t-shirts, stickers and the chance to photograph moth's for the paltry sum of $3000

Sorry you feel that way if I am able to show the pics of Mars it would be for free and put that in your pipe and smoke it. ^Y^

Here is a fact you do not deserve to see any of the photos the rest of ATS does. You type I want be smoking anything. Did you mean won't be smoking anything? I have never smoked in my life. LOL

edit on 11-9-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

reply to post by amari

Here is a fact you do not deserve to see any of the photos the rest of ATS does. You type I want be smoking anything. Did you mean won't be smoking anything? I have never smoked in my life. LOL

I'm guessing by your fanciful claim without backup & your snappy reply above......you probably should have smoked instead of the suppository!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

....so you're not going to tell us what kinds of instruments you've used to scan life on the surface of mars?

I was so looking forward to being educated too

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Just keep this topic alive

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NSASA

I don't see anything at all. Just a bunch of rocks.
Second line

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
More rocks:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I always figure that Mars was 'the planet of war' because that's pretty much what happened to it.

I too, figure we just might be the Martians.

We've got all this underground water and these cave systems on Earth, who is to say that they are not also on Mars?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The finding represents a sea change in the way many scientists think about Mars and suggests a specific strategy for searching for vestiges of life on the planet, says study coauthor Rafael Navarro-González of the National Autonomous University of Mexico in Mexico City.
www.sciencenews.org...

It's not clear why this is a 'sea-change' to scientists' attempts to study Mars. Millions have been spent on technology to look for life on Mars. The Phoenix Lander screwed up, but the ideas were there and at least they tried. The ESA had been planning to send the ExoMars rover with the primary goal...a search for life.

The best chance to find signatures of ancient life on Mars is in the form of chemical biomarkers and fossil communities, either preserved underground or within surface rocks.

Since liquid water is a prerequisite for life, good candidate locations to look for microfossils are terrains occupied by long-lasting bodies of water during Mars’ early history.

ESA’s ExoMars Rover will use multiple strategies to search for life, including investigations to characterise potential habitats, visual examination of outcrops (morphology), and spectrochemical composition analyses performed on well-selected samples.
ESA: Robotic Search for Life

There's more about it here and here. It's a shame the mission has been repeatedly put back...well it's only the search for life, right? Seems like the red dirt of Afghanistan is more significant to humanity and budget allocations. Currently it's pushed right back to 2018 as a joint NASA/ESA endeavour.

I'd love the discovery of life to be a British/European success, but it's more probable that the NASA 2011 Curiosity Rover has the honour, by getting there first. Screw-ups and oversights notwithstanding, Have a look at it at the Mars Science Lab By Christmas next year, we could be looking at 2 out 8 (25% !) planets in our Solar System being occupied by life. If that's the case, it would be exciting to get some political drive to land probes on Titan and Europa to see what's there.

If we throw in the Gliese 581e laser signal, the successful Kepler Mission and a variety of initiatives from China, India and Russia...it's clear there's a substantial expectation in science that life is out there somewhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
S&F

Threads like this are popping up more frequently now and will continue to do so. Unfortunately because of the BS we've all been fed for year they can't just come clean. They have to make it seem like its new discoveries or basically we will all know what they've been hiding.
Good thread but I wish they will get on with it. Trees, water structures, life and technology.

Its funny how not so long ago threads will be bashed when topics like this are made? Funny how things change.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by amari

Yes Amari (notice, I capitalised your name), I meant '' won't''. A spelling mistake can happen, after getting home from work after 12am.

I do love how that was your only little bit of ammunition, to try and have a pop at me.

How very intelligent of you

Whether you put something in a pipe, and smoke it or not (even if I am inclined to think you do), I couldn't give a damn, because I was referring to my hope, that you posses the said pictures of '' little men in chariots''.

So until you do supply them my friend, I would keep your fanciful claims confined to the breakfast table, for mummy and daddy to hear. Not one rational person here, will entertain your little fantasy.

That being said, if you do ever decide to provide ''hard credible evidence'', I will personally print this page off, screw it up, and smoke it in a pipe. And yes, I will provide the pictures, not just a claim.

Now I think we have digressed enough from the OT don't you ? so lets get back on track

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I suppose if I had secret friends showing me pictures of cow-monkeys being driven around by poodles on Mars, I wouldn't need to smoke either.

edit on 12-9-2010 by naught because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

These photos I talk about are from someone that worked inside but they did not have a clue what they released. One particular photo has a one wheeled chariot with 2 tiny humanoids in the back seat with a robot up front with what looks to be 2 robotic arms on front of what I call the Chariot. Near the Chariot is what I call 2 white fuzzes similar to cute tiny tiny dogs or some sort of animals. The Cowmonkey is what threw me back it looked like a cows body with a chimps face. In one of the photos that were doctored the Screeners thought they hid a chimp in the shadows of a big rock, wrong you can see the chimp along with his defined hair and these photos are in color. ^Y^

Are these photos from the same guy that gave you the pictures of the mile high deer humanoid statue on Mercury? You said then "I believe he did not realize the statue was in the photos or it probably would have never made it to the public."
From here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this person really that incompetent, not to be able to see the things you see? If they have been made public, why can't you post them here? Show us what you see.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Star and flag!!

I, like you , have never believed that Mars was lifeless.

Even in childhood.

I'm going to continue reading this link and share with friends. Thanks!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

You never were on track you were on attack. I understand your insecurity of not believing what is actually moving and alive on Mars. I do understand you may never be able to handle the truth, enough said. ^Y^

edit on 12-9-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hi Pauligirl, When you look at a 360 degree panorama view of Mar's terrain there are literally tens of thousands of possible things to see and the best of the screeners will miss a few anomalies. I am still of the belief that when they screen the photos after the data has been sent back from Mars by Viking 1 and 2 and all successful rover missions, that a computer program is in place to make animals, artifacts, anomalies and what many would call aliens look like rocks.

As far as releasing any photos or segments of the photos I would have to get permission to do so and the possibility of copy writes may come into play. ^Y^

edit on 12-9-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If there's carbon on mars then that means.....

A) Life once existed on mars

or

B) Oil must then be an abiotic process

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

What is stopping us from the whole "colonizing Mars" issue? Money? Atmosphere?
I'm not too schooled in this, but I really find it fascinating.

It would be incredibly expensive to colonize Mars, if we even had the technology to do so. But the simple fact is that we dont have the technology to do so. When we attempted to create a closed system on Earth, (the Bio-Sphere) it failed. That would have been fatal on Mars. Basically, we just dont understand how to create a self sustaining environment, and if you think settlers starved in America and Australia waiting for supply ships to come in, that would be nothing compared to what would happen to a colony on another planet. We have a hard time colonizing the more hostile parts of Earth, let alone other planets.

Humans have some pretty amazing toys. We have a lot of technological skill in some areas, and we are virtually ignorant in others. (How to set up an eco-system, manage one, etc) We have never had to learn how to do those things, and so we just havent. But if we were to ever seriously consider colonizing other planets, we need that technology every bit as much as we need space craft capable of intergalactic travel.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NSASA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f722a9b81677.png[/atsimg]

Interesting picture... it would be nice if there was a link to the source or at least an image number to go check

edit on 13-9-2010 by zorgon because: Buuurrrrppp!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join