It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calm Down Muslims: the Quran Has Already Been Burned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh Dear. Do these simple "christian" people really know nothing about public relations? This half witted "quoran?" burning is idiotic.

Why not report the DAILY burning of "bibles" & the US FLAG in Gaza & Tehran? If friends of The Jewish People focused on this it would be much more useful in shaping public opinion & bolstering support for Israel.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Hello, glad to see you posting again. If I am understanding correctly you are referring to the doctrine of rebirth as reincarnation and karma. In essence if we are more loving and neighborly, when we die then there would be judgement, so how we treat others would affect who we come back as? Thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Ok... I have a question... You come across like this is a "mission" for you. Could you please tell me how you became tasked with this "duty"

Well, I have done this elsewhere (including a number of messages on ATS under Conspiracies in Religions) at length with no observable beneficial effects.

So I now consider that to be a waste of time and not particularly relevant to the issue at hand; which is that the source of the violence between Jews, Christians and Muslims--whether it be with regards to Iran or the conflict between the Zionists and the Palestinians over Jerusalem--is a very specific theological error; upon which are based social, cultural, economic, political and military conflicts.

Only if this issue is seriously and significantly addressed by the media will there be any hope whatsoever of diminishing the violence and bloodshed between Jews, Christians and Muslims.

There are any number of side-issues and distractions from this one issue, however; most of them being motivated by the fact that too many people are making too many billions of dollars because of the status quo. And this includes both the religious 'authorities' and the weapons manufacturers (who would stand to lose a lot of money should Peace break out in the world).

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I guess what I am asking is ... Did god tell you this was your responsibility?
2nd line
3rd line
and so on

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Got to be honest here and say this sounds like nothing more than the OP is saying my book is better than your book. Same as my God is better than your God. It is the same old argument that has gotten people regarding religion no where for thousands of years. LIVE IN THE NOW!!!! No one cares for these arguments anymore.

Let's say that there are people on the other side of the world who are arguing over whether genuine tiddlywinks should be orange or blue.

Now, I don't care at all about what color tiddlywinks should be; so I would completely ignore this conflict altogether...

Except for the fact that these people have nuclear weapons; and, believe it or not, they are willing to plunge the entire world into a catastrophe over this argument over the color of tiddlywinks.

Now I have become engaged in the conflict; even though I don't care about tiddlywinks.

And especially if someone can demonstrate that both sides of the argument are in error; and that, in fact, it can be demonstrated that genuine tiddlywinks are yellow.

In other words, these arguments that 'you do not care about' are threatening the very survival of the human race; even if you don't care about them; and especially because you don't care about them.

I have probably contacted several thousand people over the past 34 years who "do not care" about the theological arguments between Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Revelations received by Moses, the prophets, Jesus and Mohammed.

Well, you will care about them if/when the cost of a gallon of gas goes to $10/gallon in the United States because of the disruption of the oil supplies from the Middle East with the initiation of a war with Iran and/or a military conflict over Jerusalem.

But then it will be too late.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionel
Oh Dear. Do these simple "christian" people really know nothing about public relations? This half witted "quoran?" burning is idiotic.

Well, of course it is idiotic.

But it is even worse than that.

It is no different than the fundamental idiocy of the politicians' response to "radical Islam".

This pastor says that burning the Quran is an attempt to "confront radical Islam".

The politicians say killing Muslims is the proper response to "radical Islam".

Look.

If you really want to "confront radical Islam", just point out that the "radical Muslims" are specifically contradicting the Teaching of Mohammed about the Revelation and Doctrine of the "resurrection" '. In other words, they are heretics in the first place.

If you really want to "confront radical Islam", allow it to be widely publicized by the media that the Doctrine of "resurrection" is a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'; and, thus, there is a Revelational continuity between the Torah (in which the "resurrection" is implied) and Isaiah, Daniel, the Gospels and the Quran.

That would be "confronting radical Islam".

Anything other than a specifically Doctrinal confrontation with "radical Islam" is, of its very nature, doomed to absolute failure...

So much so, that it now seems quite obvious that the politicians have no real desire to confront radical Islam at all.

Both the religious establishments and the weapons manufacturers would lose too much money if that were to happen.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

I guess what I am asking is ... Did god tell you this was your responsibility?
2nd line
3rd line
and so on

There is an answer to that question; but it leads to a distraction from the fundamental issue of the reality with which this civilization is now being faced.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Not for me it doesn't... It would influence my decision to listen to anything you write. I feel that a persons sanity comes into question, when said person is hearing voices or even worse have decided to live their life based on suggestions or commands from said voices.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
As an american I also get upset when the flag is burned but would never threaten nor influence terror attacks. By reacting this way only confirms the picture painted on your race and proves the differance between your religion and any other religion. To react like this confirms the radical nature of this group and the reason they are such a problem. You dont want America to force our thoughts down your muzzel then dont force the koran on others and get so upset over a copy of paper being set on fire. After all it is what paper does best.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Got to be honest here and say this sounds like nothing more than the OP is saying my book is better than your book. Same as my God is better than your God. It is the same old argument that has gotten people regarding religion no where for thousands of years. LIVE IN THE NOW!!!! No one cares for these arguments anymore.

Let's say that there are people on the other side of the world who are arguing over whether genuine tiddlywinks should be orange or blue.

Now, I don't care at all about what color tiddlywinks should be; so I would completely ignore this conflict altogether...

Except for the fact that these people have nuclear weapons; and, believe it or not, they are willing to plunge the entire world into a catastrophe over this argument over the color of tiddlywinks.

Now I have become engaged in the conflict; even though I don't care about tiddlywinks.

And especially if someone can demonstrate that both sides of the argument are in error; and that, in fact, it can be demonstrated that genuine tiddlywinks are yellow.

In other words, these arguments that 'you do not care about' are threatening the very survival of the human race; even if you don't care about them; and especially because you don't care about them.

I have probably contacted several thousand people over the past 34 years who "do not care" about the theological arguments between Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Revelations received by Moses, the prophets, Jesus and Mohammed.

Well, you will care about them if/when the cost of a gallon of gas goes to $10/gallon in the United States because of the disruption of the oil supplies from the Middle East with the initiation of a war with Iran and/or a military conflict over Jerusalem.

But then it will be too late.

Michael Cecil

I understand what you are saying here but, You seem to be classifying all Muslims and the Muslim religion into one extremist group and that is just wrong. Let say the same argument could have been made when the Waco situation happened. The government could have lumped all Christians in one extremist group. What do you do then when 80% of your population is Christian. Do you outlaw Christianity? Do you now out law Muslims,Hindus,Buddhists,etc, etc. I tend to go by the rule of thumb believe in what you want to believe and I will believe what I want.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The pastor is making a statement. The crux of that statement is this......Look at all the histeria about the burning of the koran. Our very politicians are whinning about it. Did they whine when our own military burnt bibles that were allocated to afghanistan....Nope.... Do they complain when the muslims burn our flag or bible? Nope.....This is perceived as weakness, and rightfully so. The pastor is simply saying that just as the muslims can burn our symbols, we can burn theirs. He's letting the world know that our government does not speak for us. Our government consists of a bunch of self-promoting bedwetting weenies, and most will be fired by the folks over the next few years, beginning in November. Dems and Republicans alike. We are unafraid, and many of us dislike them as much or more than they dislike us. I will purchase and burn a koran, and I'll piss on it to put out the embers. And don't forget, pork, it's the other white meat.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo I understand what you are saying here but, You seem to be classifying all Muslims and the Muslim religion into one extremist group and that is just wrong. Let say the same argument could have been made when the Waco situation happened. The government could have lumped all Christians in one extremist group. What do you do then when 80% of your population is Christian. Do you outlaw Christianity? Do you now out law Muslims,Hindus,Buddhists,etc, etc. I tend to go by the rule of thumb believe in what you want to believe and I will believe what I want.

Perhaps a metaphor would be helpful here.

I am not saying that all Muslims are extremists. What I am saying is that there is no real Knowledge among Muslims of the Truth of the Revelations in the Quran.

It is similar to the conflict between Jesus and the liberal Pharisees and conservative Sadducees.

The Sadducees were racist, xenophobic, Jewish supremacists similar to the worst of the Zionists today.

The Pharisees, on the other hand, focused on the ethical dimension of the Law and the Prophets, the closest parallel to which would be R. Weiss of the Neturei Karta today. These are the "nice guy", 'good' Pharisees; the Pharisees that taught and still teach that the Doctrine of "resurrection" is the raising of a dead physical body from the grave.

But, along comes Jesus, teaching that the "resurrection" is a Doctrine of 'Rebirth', and the blood-thirsty, xenophobic Sadducees want him dead. Why? Because Jews in one life may very well be 'raised from the dead' as Gentiles in another life and vice versa. This strikes as the very foundation of their Jewish supremacist attitude.

But, at the same time, these "nice guy" Pharisees also understand that their teaching is being seriously threatened. They are accused of having no Knowledge whatsoever of either the Torah or the Prophets. This constitutes a threat to their pride, their wealth, and their power. And, presto-chango, they become not all that different than the Sadducees... (How many of the original followers of Jesus were murdered by the Pharisee Paul?)

When, in fact, the Pharisees should have accepted the Truth about the "resurrection".

Thus, the term "Pharisaical", as used by the first followers of Jesus, is a representation of their disappointment that the Pharisees rejected the Truth about the "resurrection". (The blood-thirsty Sadducees were already recognized as being a "lost cause".)

So, while not extremists, both the 'moderate' and the 'radical' Muslims are rejecting the Truth about the "resurrection".

And, for this reason, they are all contributing, willingly or not so willingly, to the incitement of violence against Jews, Christians and even other Muslims (look at all of the blood shed between Sunnis and Shi'ites, for example.)

Hope this clarifies things a little.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I am curious as to why such a well directed question has gone unanswered? It was not inflamatory.. I truely want to know the answer.. If I am going to invest any time reading your work.. I would like to know I am not wasting my time on a religious dilusion. Answering this will not derail or take away from anything you write.. It will simply give me an idea of the type of person I am investing my time to read.

It would be more typical than gravity if you dodged this question by saying something along the lines of "I dont see how this will add to the discussion, I feel that this will derail the conversation"... It does exactly the oposite.

I have noticed that you have answered ever question diligently... For some reason, mine has gone unanswered... I assume it is a question that you have encountered in the past...Since it is my time that I am concerned with, I would appreciate an honest, straight to the point answer. This will influence my decision when it comes to reading your posts and how much weight they should hold for me.

Thank you for your time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join