It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

science vs reliegon, because you make it so

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
all this science vs religeon is tiring people, give it a rest, it is born of pure ignorance on both sides. purly for those with closed minds.

I am truly sorry that those of you who cant comprehend the brilliance of scientifict fact play it of as pure lies from the devil. and im sorry that those devoted scientist beleive thers nothing more to life than mathematics i truly am.

But as normal open minded non confrontational people go, and thats most of us, your like terrorists and plane crashes to every1 trying to have a reasonable dissusion on here. your numbers are so few yet you seem to make the headlines all the time. Why is this you wonder, because you make such fantastic points of course!. sorry to disapoint but its because frankly the rest of the 95 percent of the population find you largly either of great amusement or infuriating and intollerable. just stop, now

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First of all I don't understand why this is in the mysterious forum -I don't see the mystery. Also you come off like you are giving an order - people have a right to disuss or debate this subject - not sure who made you boss so please get off your high horse.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We all appreciate science and technology though I do find it worthwhile to study and discuss their effects on modern society.

If you don't like a particular discussion or it angers you, avoid it.

Discussion and exchange of ideas is always beneficial.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I can understand the frustration, but here's I look at it.

Science was primarily asking question and attempting (with whatever tools available at the time) to come with an answer that wasn't "God" did it.

Now in that quest, people I think forgot that there is some form of higher power and things just do happen for no apparent reason, or by "miraculous" change.

Now I don't subscribe to any organized religion or the idea of monotheistic god.

They only thing sillier in my mind than that, are those who claim to know God, or understand him/her/it. The idea of God is so difficult and utterly complex, that our minds simply cannot put a coherent though together about it.

So we believe what we are told.

I wonder if you raised a child without mention of religion or God, until they were 10, if they would have some inclination that there was more to life that just experience in his current environment?

My guess is yes, but they would have NO idea how to explain it, or how to attain that information.

This is how I feel.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

Nice thread friend

"A legitimate conflict between science and religion cannot exist. Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein

"Science and religion are two windows that people look through, trying to understand the big universe outside, trying to understand why we are here. The two windows give different views, but both look out at the same universe. Both views are one-sided, neither is complete. Both leave out essential features of the real world. And both are worthy of respect."
- Freeman Dyson

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Both science and religion need to be more open minded and realize they should be working together.

Science has to realize that there are things we don't know about, mysteries unexplainable. Quite possibly spiritual or paranormal. And there's nothing wrong with trying to explain a spiritual world through science. Maybe science would find something truly awe inspiring.

Religion needs to realize that as we get to understand our surroundings, science explains many things that we should be curious about. We were given brains to think, and to be curious. We should question everything.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

That mantra crosses all religious and scientific boundaries. We all want to be respected for who we are and what we think. Why is it so hard to extend that courtesy.

If we could learn how, we could change the world.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Almost my signature.
I altered it slightly for my own semantics.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yeah I noticed that...pretty cool.

"Great minds think.....", uh etc....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Religion sometimes opposes science this much is certainly fact.
But I think science can be religion. I know of no law of physics that prohibits God-Gods, and am more inclined to believe those who say the universe is more like one big thought, than those who claim its one big accident. I believe in "God Theory" so remain confident (that even if it takes centuries; which it shouldn't) science will one day enlighten us about God-Gods & true religion.

To me Maths and science are god, “2 plus 2 makes 4” is only the start of things the creator(s) have told us all, and it so happens (like a true word of God) such abstract things don’t need to be written down on paper, for them still to be true & rediscovered.
So I don't think the creators of the universe wrote the truths of the universe-death on a salty, dead animal, skin.
Instead I reckon the creator put into everyday: logical, abstract, reality (so it would never be destroyed by one person, and would remain progressively available to all civilisations as they became more enlightened). I like the idea there's an infinite number of universes-creation too, as that meant God didn't just suddenly stop and decide to have break be-"lazy"!

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Religion and Science will coexist peacefully when we take both out of the hands of the government, and church, and place them back into the hands of the people.

My 2 cents from on high..

Speaking of which, wheres my bowl, uh of cheerios.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Both science and religion need to be more open minded and realize they should be working together.

Science has to realize that there are things we don't know about, mysteries unexplainable. Quite possibly spiritual or paranormal. And there's nothing wrong with trying to explain a spiritual world through science. Maybe science would find something truly awe inspiring.

Religion needs to realize that as we get to understand our surroundings, science explains many things that we should be curious about. We were given brains to think, and to be curious. We should question everything.

They shouldn't work together...they should always stay separate.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

They couldn't work together, they use two different areas of the brain. One looks at problems from one extreme, the other.. well you get the picture.

Conversation from the Stone Age when the two were mutually repsected:

Around the evening camp fire,

Ugh: Me make new spear, found new rock, make deadly sharp edge (hold it in air)

Tribe: Yeah Ugh! Yeah Ugh!

Shaman Smokesonbong: Me bless spear, gave eagle feather, will protect ugh in battle!

Tribe: yeah Smokesonbong, Yeah Smokeonbong!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

They couldn't work together, they use two different areas of the brain. One looks at problems from one extreme, the other.. well you get the picture.

Conversation from the Stone Age when the two were mutually repsected:

Around the evening camp fire,

Ugh: Me make new spear, found new rock, make deadly sharp edge (hold it in air)

Tribe: Yeah Ugh! Yeah Ugh!

Shaman Smokesonbong: Me bless spear, gave eagle feather, will protect ugh in battle!

Tribe: yeah Smokesonbong, Yeah Smokeonbong!

With Love,

Your Brother

I just hope christianity dies out like other religious psycho-babble is all...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I just hope christianity dies out like other religious psycho-babble is all...

Wish not death on any religion my Brother. Wish that they open their eyes to loving you and accepting you, but not death.

It may have been cruel to you. It may have rejected you. Maybe you rejected it. But to someone out there, it gave hope when they had none. It made a better father of a man. It made a better wife. It comforted the sick. It fed the poor. It caused many beautiful and miraculous things in our world.

Sure, it has had its share of pitfalls. It has been cruel. What faith, science, politic, anything, had not had its share of good and evil?

They all have.

Do you forget that early christians were humble pacifists that lived according to Christ, not just used his death to absolve them of sin. Do you forget how they were fed to lions for entertainment because they would rather die than fight back, just as Christ taught them?

Blame not the faith for its followers. All people are corruptible. All people are capable to be lead away from truth.

Judge them not my Brother, lest your own flaws be judged as well.

With love,

Your Brother

[edit on 6-9-2010 by IAMIAM]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Cocaine is hell of a drug my friend.
good luck in your journey.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Cocaine is hell of a drug my friend.
good luck in your journey.

Thats too high speed for me Brother. I am content with my herb. I forgot to mention BEER. Belgian Monks have blessed us with some hellashish brews. Rejoice!

Love ya Brother, be good!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

I don't like the religious dogma/babble either, I was thinking more spiritual than religion, more on the side of the paranormal type mystery, less bible and more of the unexplainable.

My problem with "religion" is that everyone claims to "know".
No one knows.
But science might help to explain it.
Except that science would rather not approach the truly unexplainable.

Although, they are looking for the God particle.....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

I don't know if it was intentional or maybe a Freudian/subconscious slip--

Originally posted by C1OUD
science vs reliegon, because you make it so

You inserted the word "lie" into "religion".
Odd coincidence?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well said, the ways its discussed on ATS generally is the worst part, borderline extremism to just "be correct" or prove a point is the way I see it.

I have read and heard from many well educated folk that they say science is bringing us closer than ever to "God". The book Angels and Demons really focused on this, and showed it through a very neutral view in the form of Robert Langdon.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by kyle43]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join