It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

science vs reliegon, because you make it so

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
My problem with "religion" is that everyone claims to "know".
No one knows.

Thats where you are mistaken my sister. Everyone knows!

The problem is they know only for themselves, what they think they know is universal!

Religion, spirituality is something that exists only by experience. When you have experienced it you have no doubt! So, you presume it is something that we all should understand. However, each has that experience differently. It is never the same with every body.

We aren't robots. We are each unique down to our very finger tips. Why should something as abstract as religion/spirituality be expected to be common?

Jesus said he is the way. In other words FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE. He loved everybody, even those who put him to DEATH.

Us, hell we'd kill our neighbor because they didn't like the same American Idol we do.

Sheesh..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Replace "God did it"

with mathematics, plate tectonics, biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, gravity, magnetism, meteorology, archaeology , the strong and weak nuclear forces, evolution, zoology, germ theory, etc. etc.

Yeah they are basically the same thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by snowspirit
My problem with "religion" is that everyone claims to "know".
No one knows.

Thats where you are mistaken my sister. Everyone knows!
The problem is they know only for themselves, what they think they know is universal!

Religion, spirituality is something that exists only by experience. When you have experienced it you have no doubt! So, you presume it is something that we all should understand. However, each has that experience differently. It is never the same with every body.

We aren't robots. We are each unique down to our very finger tips. Why should something as abstract as religion/spirituality be expected to be common?

Us, hell we'd kill our neighbor because they didn't like the same American Idol we do.

I know enough to know that I've experienced some not-normal stuff. Enough to know that I have so many questions. The closest I have come to what I would call "religious" is once when I was going through a really hard time, a few times through the day a pinkish light would come down all around me. There was one other person who could see this - a work mate, and he was also going through some tough times. Everytime we saw this, no one else did and they all thought we were crazy.
Both of us felt like the light had a cozy, comforting feeling.

The more I know, the more I feel like I don't know

I crave a scientific metaphysical real answer. If that's even possible.
Maybe subconsciously I know more than I do consciously!?
I was just born very curious I guess.

And I'd never kill my neighbour unless he was a really really really huge jerk, I am a very peaceful person

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Simples:

The teachings of the faith are God’s revelation of the truth; science, the product of human reason, is the search for truth.

The “correct faith“, therefore, cannot be opposed to “good science” because “truth” is the object of both.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join