It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i didn't read this whole thread, sorry if this is a repeat.

on the old ats, in myats, there was a small icon by the subscribed threads that if clicked on took me right to the last comment in each thread.
that was quite handy, am i missing it, or is it no longer available.
no biggie, it just saved a click and scrolling down the page.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thank you for replacing the MyATS button. I love this new setup. I do have to agree with the person asking about the Top button though; can we get that back?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

If you click the name of the last poster, it will take you to the last post in the thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Thank you for replacing the MyATS button. I love this new setup. I do have to agree with the person asking about the Top button though; can we get that back?

Control + home

edit on 23-9-2010 by Whimsical because: added quote

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whimsical

I found that just Home works, but thank you.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Lol. Well, sometimes that doesn't work for me, so thought I'd suggest the one that always does.
Don't ask, I have a finicky computer.

The other option, which was suggested many pages back and which I love, is to drag the recent posts button to your tool bar. You will then have a working, recent posts button as part of your tool bar bookmarks, so no scrolling up the page to reach it.

Just another thought.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by rubbertramp

If you click the name of the last poster, it will take you to the last post in the thread.

hey, thanx.
i was figuring it took you to that persons profile.
cool, that was my only complaint.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm having a bit of a strange problem on FireFox the login button goes to the logout page, and I can't log in at all. In ie I can?
I hate ie, please don't make me go back to using it

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whimsical

Sweet, I will give that a try! Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I just experienced a trouble logging too....from a different computer than my laptop.

From Google to "ATS", to "LogIn" button....but no Log In page. (Wouldn't load). Finally, went to "JOIN ATS", and from there, clicked "Log In", and the login page then opened. Weird....

ETA...the mass U2U "Heads Up" might had mentioned ongoing menu changes, Perhaps, reason for it. Temporary, and transient. So, nevermind......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to repeat this, though...for SO's attention, as I mentioned it before. Using another computer now....

When I click and open "myATS" to see that page, and then, from that page, do it again, it refreshes, as would be expected.

However, FROM "myATS", to open a thread to read it, whether it's in my 'favorites' (subscribed) or the list on the left, and AFTER being in the thread, when clicking on "myATS" at the top to return, it now opens a new window.

So, short story, on the taskbar at bottom, the tabs show TWO "My ATS: Personalized..." If I keep the same pattern, then another and another will tab to the bottom on the taskbar.

I don't remember it doing this before?

edit on 23 September 2010 by weedwhacker because: ETA and text

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just looked at my "subscriptions". I don't remember seeing that before.
Good grief, I have a lot. Might be a good way to delete things we no longer have an interest in, or
a Bad Memory.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If I could figure it out on the first try ANYONE can! Have just come back tonight after a bit "O jumping on and off, but will check it all out and just have a clickin good time!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Question:
In the area that is highlighted in the "news source" of posts

(or this part) the font looks like it is fading in and out to me.
Is this part of the new ATS 2010, or is it how my comp shows that font?

I have thought maybe it is meant to be that way to simulate text from a newspaper...

It's no big deal, but it drives me nuts anyway.

edit on 9/23/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

It looks normal to me, maybe you need to get your eyes checked?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

My eyes are ok. LOL

Like I said maybe it is just how it appears on my computer.

edit on 9/23/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: that leprachan standing next to me pointed out a spelling error.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I was having wierd issues with my computer that didn't seem to affect others around here, at least not as bad. They had to redo the toolbar to fix it and its working fine on my computers for now.

I do miss all the drop-down menus but, I don't think it was worth all the glitches.

So it is possible that it may be some ATS glitch that's only affecting your computer for some reason.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just want to put my stamp of approval on the new tool bar at the top of the page.

It's much better than the wider, clunkier and slower version originally released. Proof that the ATS staff actually listens to the common member's wishes!

Keep the updates coming!

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A minor glitch I just noticed from the new toolbar (and btw, thank you for restoring the myATS button!):

When I go to the "Forums" page, the space allotted for the toolbar isn't wide enough to fit the "Log Out" button, which disappears. If I mouse over any of the other buttons, "Log Out" reappears on a second line but disappears again as soon as I move the cursor.

BTW, I wonder if this may be related to the trouble that weedwhacker reported a few posts back about not having a "Log In" button on the main page

I'm using Firefox 3.6.10 on a Mac.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I noticed that now the MyATS shows:

"the newest 5 threads" - rather than showing the "5 newest replied to threads".

At first I thought the MyATS page was not refreshing, but discovered that it displays differently now.

I would rather see the "5 newest replied to threads" also with post count and flags count numbers like before -

PRETTY PLEASE!

Edit to add:

I know I can sort by recently replied to threads - but if it would just be sorted by "Category" than by time - I would find more preferrable.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join