It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus really exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I see it as themythology of theChristian Trinity being an updated redo of the Egyptian trinity.

The Character "Christ" acts as a good role model for people to personally manifest within their lives, and what he went through as what to symbolically expect spiritually..

as humanity goes through evolutionary ascension, their "old" selves" will die away and their new diety self will be resurrected.in a newer body.

i see it as "christ" is anonymous... and can be applied to anybody.

doesn't matter if "one" person named jesus christ actually existed or not...
if people go through the transformation of what he went through in the book.. then that's more than enough.

-

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
I recently got into a debate with some folks who argued that Jesus did not exist. Their main argument was that NO contemporary historian recorded anything about Jesus, while my argument was that his ministry was very short and Christianity began as a small cult that only after a century or so began to spread to the point where historians took notice. Add to that the fact that Rome completely burned Jerusalem and the places where Jesus was said to have taught completely to the ground in 70 AD or so, and slaughtered everyone who might have had any recollection of the real Christ.

So, historians should be trusted more? If they say Christ did not exist at all, then they should include Moses, King David, Israel, and the 12 tribes, etc. as well.

Christianity have flourished even to this modern day, regardless of how they tried to destroy it. They even burned the manuscripts and killed a lot of Christians. But still, they were not successful at all.

With Diana, Zeus, all those Greek pagan gods and goddesses, can anyone tell me whether their worship survived even to this very day? What happened to them? They were all gone and Christianity whom the pagan authorities tried to destroy is still alive and well to this very day.

However, with these pagan gods and goddesses gone, every Christian who isn't a Roman Catholic knows very well that it's worship and practices were simply merged with Christianity and created a corrupted form - a hybrid pagan pseudo Christianity cult which is the pagan Roman Catholic Church.

They also used Acharya S and the website www.jesusneverexisted.com... as the basis of their argument.

Acharaya S has poorly researched materials. She failed to distinguish original Christianity with the flourishing corrupted form of it.

What do ATSers think about this subject? My belief is that early Christianity was supressed until Constantine decided to hijack it (much to the early Christians - Gnostics disagreement) and turn in into the plague that was and still is responsible for so many wars and deaths. After Rome bastardized Christianity, things like heresy and dogma were birthed. Christianity was changed from a humanitarian belief to a totalitarian religion.

Yes, that is true.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Please read this.

www.christian-mommies.com...

Its like straight from my own life.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Dawkins was polite, but dismissive, he really didn't listen to the man...he appeared to have a canned answer in his mind.

I'm gonna have to spend some time on your (lengthy
answer...

Thx

OT

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Dawkins was polite, but dismissive, he really didn't listen to the man...he appeared to have a canned answer in his mind.

Dawkins was politely listening to a canned question my friend, how would you expect a reasoning man to reply to claims of the supernatural based solely on faith without evidence ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Faith without evidence?

I don't understand that...

it is everywhere

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Faith without evidence?

it is everywhere

Well before we go discussing this , your response to my previous post about your relationship with jesus/yaheh please.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
These debates seem so pointless as long as the most important evidence regarding Christ’s true nature is ignored. Christ was the “Word” made “flesh”. The “Word” is essentially an allegoric code which, when it is entirely broken, will prove that Christ was nothing but a metaphor. The historians of the 1st Century were forced to conceal Christian involvement in the so-called Jewish revolt, and this is part of the reason that they are so “silent” (i.e.the tacit Tacitus and the tranquil Tranquillus) in regards to the Christians. The truth about the Christians is concealed in the apparently “empty tomb” of Josephus who also admits in his autobiography to “pretending to get ready to fight” with the placid Placidus somewhere near Chabalo (or Kabbalah as it is known today.) The secrets are hidden in plain sight. There are no coincidences. There are no errors. There are no contradictions. There are only puzzles to be solved.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No response really, you think I'm delusional, I don't...we'll agree to disagree...

What else is there to discuss in that regard?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pro-all

Jesus will exist when we are dust. I am subject to small minded 'I will not be a victim/I am Lord of my manor' religious type who would not see a miracle if it had magic arrows pointing at it, yet I have sensed Jesus many times. God did this because science is a dead end vanity tour bent on secrecy and destruction. I know when I am in his presence, and when I am not. Like someone said...telepathic. I'll add that he is literally incorruptible.

One day you will see power that will put even the soon to arrive 'president of the world' to shame, and that is for those who have trouble seeing. It is impossible to covet the power to rule over man and his puny power trips once you see it. Time is time. The Infinite smashes it to oblivion.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Faith without evidence?

it is everywhere

Nice one.

Very nice. I guess it's not for everyone, eh?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join