It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus really exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by batcat

Jesus is not God. No man can become God. Why would God want to kill himself for "Sin"? You need to learn about your faith!
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

lol R.R. Its always a pleasure talking to you.Of course the NT is not the Torah silly head.Maybe you can shed some light on the Jewish faith for me, Ya know being that I am not a Jewish-Christian and all

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Well you need to know what Judaism is first! But let's cut all the lesson plan.
www.messiahtruth.com...
The more you know!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Come on dude, we are discussing whether Christ existed, not whether or not he was a God. That's another subject onto itself which never ends in any mutual agreement or peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Come on dude, we are discussing whether Christ existed, not whether or not he was a God. That's another subject onto itself which never ends in any mutual agreement or peace.

Well I can say the same for his existence.
Check this link out to see where I'm coming from on him existing.
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You are mixing apples with pears my friend.Question: What exact sect are you? Orthodox, Reform, Conservative, Hasidic or do you follow a more mystical form of Judaism. And please keep the shot-outs to irrelevant web sites for your self

[edit on 6-9-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

You are mixing apples with pears my friend.Question: What exact sect are you? Orthodox, Reform, Conservative, Hasidic or do you follow a more mystical form of Judaism.

I am an Atheist. But I love to debate. Heck if no one want's to debate politics. Then I will debate religion. I just like to have people react to my comments because I want them to understand more.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Sorry but you bring nothing of substance to the plate. Go read the bible then come back and put your skills to the test.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sorry but you bring nothing of substance to the plate. Go read the bible then come back and put your skills to the test.

I have read the Bible. I know more about your faith then you.
Check this link out.
www.usbible.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I know more about your faith then you.

Lol if this is not the most incredible thing Ive heard all day....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The issue here for me is not whether Jesus existed or not but why would God send his "son" to a tiny piece of land to minister to all people? Like I always say, the problem of christians and majority of people is their little-minded idea of what God should be. If all the attributes of God are true, why would he just send a man to save the world? Can a God that created billions of galaxies not be able to influence every individual on earrth?

This brings me to another topic in which It is written that God ordered his people to murder their enemies. Why wouldn't God simply snuff out the lives of the enemies instead of giving his people the green light to engage in bloody orgies?

I'm honestly beginning to think that the whole thing about the bible and christianity could be the greatest scam man has ever known. For those who can discern, the evidence is everywhere. Why would Jesus have 12 apostles, what is the importance of the last super? Isnt it more logical to say that Christianity is another name for sun worship?

As long as people believe that God is a little more than an emperor, some one you can bribe to get favours, ignorance would forever be their bed fellow. Do people really believe that you can isolate and point to God? The bottomline is that God doesnt need a book to speak tp people. Too bad people cannot think of God as a being that can speak to the entire population of the world, just as one would speak to one or two people.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pro-all

If all the attributes of God are true, why would he just send a man to save the world?
God didnt "send a man" God himself came to rectify the problem!!!.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
oliveoil that is soooo true. Your right on the dot. God wouldn't pass it off on anyone else.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by texastig]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Hi Texastig
Its amazing that so many people on this site have no clue. There arguing mute points.Most likely a bunch of goofy kids just trying to get a rise out of us serious people. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I have read the Bible. I know more about your faith then you.
Check this link out.
www.usbible.com...

You know more about his faith than him yet you can't write a post without having to revert to links to jewish sites?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Hi Texastig
Its amazing that so many people on this site have no clue. There arguing mute points.Most likely a bunch of goofy kids just trying to get a rise out of us serious people. Go figure.

That is very true. Even the atheists believe the historicity of Jesus.
Jeffery Jay Lowder of ‘Internet Infidels’: "There is simply nothing intrinsically improbable about a historical Jesus; the New Testament alone (or at least portions of it) are reliable enough to provide evidence of a historical Jesus."
www.infidels.org...
"On this point, it is important to note that even G.A. Wells, who until recently was the champion of the christ-myth hypothesis, now accepts the historicity of Jesus on the basis of 'Q'."
G.A. Wells, The Jesus Myth (La Salle, Illinois: Open Court, 1999).

Norman Perrin (Skeptical New Testament Scholar) admitted: “The more we study the tradition with regard to the appearances, the firmer the rock begins to appear upon which they are based.”
Norman Perrin, The Resurrection According to Matthew, Mark, and Luke (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1974), 80

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

well according to the book that i believe in ( THE QURAN ) yes he did, there is a chapter called maryam[19] [16-40]

also [3] [42-60]
also [5] [110-120]

there is more but this is just an example.

i know that you dont believe in the quran but at least there is a book that mentioned him 1400 years ago

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Why did Joseph and Mary go to Bethelem for? For the census of
course! That was when Jesus was born.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The person talked about in the bible did not exist. How could he? Christian scholars today say that his name would not have been Jesus. Therefore Jesus did not exist.

What about a "Christ"? A person anointed as high priest or king was a christ. The Jesus in the bible was neither. Did he qualify as messiah? NO! He did not fulfill the prophecies for messiah.

Is the history correct? No! That is why an accurate year of birth can't be determined because the history is fabricated and doesn't match Roman records.

What about "Q"? It doesn't exist. The first Gospel that is similar to the others appears to be Marcus who did not believe Jesus was ever flesh and blood. Gnosticism did exist and it was a combination of everything else believed at the time.

Finally if you believe it true it is true for you. Please don't try to insist it is historical. If it helps you to do good and treat others with respect, keep doing what you have to.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have faith that my savior, Jesus Christ, will return and I am willing to die for him for my eternal salvation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join