It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches raids on Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Any lasting peace will have to be negotiated by the `hawks` not the `doves`.
The moderate elements may bring about the negotiations but it is the hard-liners that make it stick .

Just as it took a hawk like Sharon to force the removal of the settlements in Gaza and parts of the West Bank, it will take Hamas on the Palestinian side.

U.S envoy George Mitchel knows this already, having mediated in Northern Ireland , where the same thing happened there.

The moderate parties on either side S.D.L.P and U.U.P took the negotiations so far .... but it was the hard-liners Sinn Fein and the D.U.P that had the political weight to make the necessary concessions.

Fatah do not carry the sufficient `weight` to make concessions to the Israelis ........ only Hamas can do this ... if they can at all.

Nothing will get done until they are involved , this was something unpalatable to Unionists in Northern Ireland -when faced with the prospect of having to negotiate with Sein Fein/I.R.A ....... but they eventually did and the break through was made.

Painful lessons from the not too distant past .

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Im not really seeing this in the MSM news. What am i missing? Its not even the top story on JPOST or Haaretz or even Debka for that matter.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You shot me first.

NO I DIDN'T YOU SHOT ME FIRST!

No way YOU shot first I am just shooting back!

I SAW you shoot first I simply retaliated! Ask Anyone.

I DID and they agree that YOU SHOT FIRST!

That is BS you are lying SEE you JUST SHOT FIRST JUST NOW!

No way that was RETURN FIRE in response to your UNPROVOKED ATTACK!

Now we are FORCED to shoot back SEE WHAT YOU DID!

NO YOU DID IT!
NO YOU!
NO YOU!
NO U
No U
No U
No U
No U
No U
No U

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionel
The sooner Israel is cleansed of goyim the sooner peace will come.

Cleansed

Nice one Lionel , i just don`t know how you manage to keep reinventing the hate .
It has burrowed depth within your head and is probably laying eggs ... as we speak. .

Hate looks the same whether you are a Christian, Jew, Muslim or Atheist !

[edit on 5-9-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 5-9-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionel
The facts on the ground display a grave breech of international humanitarian law.

Fourth Geneva Convention, 1949
Art. 47. Protected persons who are in occupied territory shall not be deprived, in any case or in any manner whatsoever, ... by any annexation by the latter of the whole or part of the occupied territory.

Art. 49. Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive.

The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.

Those who are unable to live with people they call goyim should leave voluntarily. It was not the Palestinians who have been arriving by plane and ship for the last 90 years.

Those in third countries, such as the USA, who fund these breeches of international law should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, which according to Title 18 US code is 35 years in prison.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by pthena]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Those who consider themselves unable to live with people they call goyim should leave voluntarily.

Truth is usually simple

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Where is this in the news? I still havent seen anything...im checking all the major news outlets and nothing on this. All i see is news regarding the peace talks?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Where is this in the news? I still havent seen anything...im checking all the major news outlets and nothing on this. All i see is news regarding the peace talks?

I found these two ...

Israeli launches air strikes on Gaza
September 5, 2010
The Sydney Morning Hearld

IAF responds to last week's attacks, bombs Gaza tunnels
The Jerusalem Post

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

I'm disappointed this kind of hate post is permitted on ATS.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Me too.. in fact I am not so sure that it is kosher (pun intended) with T&C. We'll see what the Mods think.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

I don't know how to respond to such an ignorant post without using an ad hominem. The irony is that the karma you are generating with your dogma is mindnumbing... Get over the hate. That is truly the root problem with this region, dogmatic hate that sees no end. And attitudes like yours just disgust me and make me ashamed to be of the same species as you.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I think it's good, no sugar coating fluffy nonsense, straight to the heart of the matter and should show the moral and rational people on ATS what we are up against in trying to stop the barbaric and humiliating treatment of the Palestinians and the illegal occupation of their land. Whether it is extremist Christian zionists in America or extremist Israelis, this is what they think and no international law or outcry can stand in the way of such blind conviction to their elitist, bigoted and racist views. Either the world gets very tough and places extremely strict economic sanctions on Israel, freeze overseas assets, weapons embargo etc make them suffer, take away the resources they need to fuel their 'mad dog' rabid policies so that they are forced to seek alternative solutions. In the long run such drastic actions will benefit everyone in the world including both Israeli and Palestinian citizens.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Why is so bad that Israel RESPONDED to 2 attacks by Hamas in the West Bank??? It's not like they (Israel) attacked with no provocation/reason. Hamas did the deed, where is your criticism of their recent attacks on civillians? It's a pretty clear cut case this time that Hamas swung first, infact twice, before Israel responded.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by pavil]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join