It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I just want to ask - who would want a book about Blair, written by ghost writers?

And who would want to queue to get that book signed?

And why would Blair think anyone would want either?

And why are some people so insane?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Times like this I think Evolution Sucks!

If Humans were still 'monkey men', it would be politically correct to be able to throw our own poo at him.

Though I have read about cases in the news..........

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I don't know what he's thinking. Besides his 1 world agenda, and his cushy post nwo job, England seems to have some dodgy characters. One ats member enthuses that he'd gladly take up arms against any US uprising to toss out our own nwo leaders, so long as he gets to wear a blue un jumpsuit. Things must be boring without an empire to dominate over.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If the Iraq War wasn't illegal then why did Kofi Annan who was at the time Secretary General of the United Nations say on September 16th 2004 in regards to the invasion:

"I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."

To be honest I don't ever recall hearing about Iraq breaking the ceasefire as a reason for war during the buildup. All I heard was about WMDs which mysteriously were never found!

Or is it just that some people now use the ceasefire as an excuse to retroactively justify the destruction of a sovereign country, as the main reason (that of WMDs) turned out to be a load of lies?

Yes Saddam was a total monster, but deposing him doesn't hold water as reason for invasion, as there are far worse dictators and states out there with people living in horrendous circumstances. For example North Korea and Zimbabwe. Do those countries have any oil I wonder?

Obviously there is nothing to be gained from attacking those countries.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I didn't realize that the Irish had such a soft spot in their hearts for Saddam....
to get so upset at Blair because of Iraq, one would think that Blair robbed Ireland to pay for Iraq!

Yes may be if only Sadam had died but you seem to have forgotten the 1.3 million other Iraqis he caused to die by his and shrub's actions, thank god for the Irish and I hope he tries to sell his book near me, bound to happen and I'll take some old shoes with me.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The Iraq war was illegal.

Now you want to mess up Iran?

Get some help.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I normally don't advocate violence but he deserved all those eggs and shoes. Politicians should get used to this kind of behavior.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Abit more detail

Thanks for that cheered up a bleak Sunday no end.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Irish Matador

If I hear "the Iraq war was illegal" one more time my head will explode.

INFO TO NOTE:

The first Gulf War was NOT ended by the signing of a "peace treaty". It was ended by a CEASE-FIRE AGREEMENT. The significance of the difference is that if either party violates said stipulations of the cease-fire agreement, the other party can resume military operations under international law.

The final UNSC resolution found Iraq in "Material Breach" of the 1991 cease-fire agreement.

Case closed, for Pete's sake deny ignorance.

Tell that to the current Prime Minister the Right Honerable Nick Clegg.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
"Don't let this man speak"...Big Raging Loner

"the books of both leaders that destroyd Irak should be forbidden"...ressiv

I take it you people must not believe in the freedom of speech?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Interesting point...

Well if it's legal in international law to kill hundreds of thousands of people, create millions of refugees, subject a geographical area to 4 billion year's worth of depleted uranium poisoning, and just generally consign a whole country to hell...then I think there's something wrong with international law.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A suggestion,,, Passive Resistance, from a Facebook campaign which suggests you go into a Book Shop take one of Blair's Books and move it to Crime Section! others have put it in the Horror Section or Fantasies!
the next time Im in a Book Shop Ill do the same! as I hope a few reading this will too..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I won't just move one, I'll move as many as I can until they ask me to leave the store.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We could realy get something going here, tell all your friends an family to do the same!....

www.rte.ie...=1079720

[edit on 5-9-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What is a 'legal' war.And then what is an illegal war.What body of law is this decided by?Whatever happened to plain ol right and wrong.

I don't give a damn about the legality of it.Legal systems are guilty of some of the greatest crimes ever committed against humanity.I believe it is wrong.You can tell me its 100% legal, but it is still wrong.

I guess Nagasaki and Hiroshima were legal right?Why did we stop at a measly 2 bombs?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
How much has the Iraq war cost now?, 2,3 trillion dollars?. Im pretty sure Saddam would have have taken a lot less in a deal to resign. Oh but wait, removing him from power wasnt actualy the goal of the Iraq war, that was just the lie the governments told gullible morons who dont really educate themselves.

Anyway as for Blair, im surprised there isnt a price on his head yet, only a matter of time before theres an attempt of that scumbags life.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whether the former Prime Minister was a good one or not shouldn't be the issue. The typical hypocrite protesters wanting peace always tend to get violent and throw stuff which never amounts to anything other than controversy and negative media coverage.

We are a really ironic species. When people wrong us, we wrong them back. When we want peace, we have riots and protests, usually which entertains some form of violence or stupidity. When we demand change, we fail to change ourselves. When we call politicians to be less selfish, we forget that we're just as selfish.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

The People get frustrated because they feel there not been listened too, over 1,000,000 People marched against the War in Iraq an all Blair said was why dont they wright to there MPs an not be clogging up the Streets! the thing is a lot had written to there MP but were ignored!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Be glad that the irish used no bombs or bullets that in past history they had been famous for.

Kudos to the brave Irish folks whom pelted that stooge blair with shoes and eggs. This non-violent act adds nothing further to him than he already is - a stinker.

And a mass murderer as well for the illegal war in Iraq where both allies and the Iraqis dead and all suffering today, and for what? Over an effing lie!

And of all the nerve to denounce Iran is a threat and should be warred upon if it does not denouce its nuke ambitions. What about the Iranian people? Should they be subjected to the sufferings of war just because a few nutjobs want nukes which now everyone demands as fair and should not be limited to the imperialist powers such as Russia, China, US and european whites?

He had said many more, and deserved to be pelted even more, and reviled by humanity at every opportunity to show their displeasure as this cooked goose AGAIN seeks to direct international affairs.

Will be heading to a pub tonight, and will toast my first drink to the Irish people

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yes, in the end we have to blame ourselves...or at least blame the majority of mindless, apathetic zombies that keep on voting these same vile criminals in election after election, all because they have the memory span of a goldfish and are gullible fools dazzled by cheesy catchphrases and easily scared, manipulated and led by the msm and tabloid trash. I didn't even bother voting here in the UK election, no party worthy of my vote and because of the above i knew the conservatives would win....as someone else said, it's about time we just pump poisonous gas in to all public buildings and start the country from scratch.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join