It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

Violent skirmishes broke out between protesters and police at the first public signing for Tony Blair's memoirs, with shoes and eggs hurled at the former prime minister.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Poor old Tony Blair......but what did he expect?

It quite frankly serves him right.

A huge security operation had to be put in place just for his book signing and yet again on Irish tv he was beating the drum for war with Iran.

What goes on in this guy's head?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

What a smarmy bastard

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
WHY WHY WHY would he come to Southern Ireland??

Tony Blair is a weak and greedy person. He was pushed out of Goverment by Gordon Brown and since leaving has earned as far as we are told in the region of 20 million pounds.

I actually thought he was a good politicaian at the start of his term but like all the rest he showed his true colours by the end.

This for me is the same as George Bush going to Iraq for a book signing.

Do they think we are ALL stupid?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Kram09!

To quote Nelson "Ha Ha!"

Don't let this man speak, he can bewitch people with his forked tongue.

Good on the Dubliners! Hopefully the general consensus around the world is to do the same. Never let this man forget the blood on his hands. His ego is completely out of sink with reality and he has the ability to do mental gymnastics so he can view himself in a positive light.

May as well post it here!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Apparently Blair chose Ireland because of his success with the Northern Ireland peace process.

He seemed to think they'd welcome him with open arms or something and they'd just mysteriously forget about the debacle of Iraq.

One of his aides should just tell him not to bother doing any book signings because he won't be welcome ANYWHERE. Well...maybe in the USA, but even so there are still plenty of Americans who are no big fans of his.

Infact why doesn't he go and do a book signing in Baghdad. I'm sure that would go down well. Perhaps he can explain to the Iraqis why he took the decision to practically destroy their country.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A security barricade around a bookstore for a useless @sswipe because he wants to sell some books??? I wonder if comrade numb-nuts Blair knows how to use Amazon.com?

It's just book sales, let the people take care of it, they'll buy or they won't. If the book is really bad, eventually people might charge him with treason and hang him (along with every other career politician, lawyer, bureaucrat, banker, etc.). One can still dream, right?

These career politicians are like a baby's diapers, they should be changed very often, otherwise the Blair's, the Bush's and the Obamanation are what we get. Don't ya just luv corporate fascism and their "branding" system for political hacks.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 9/4.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Well he hailed the Northern Ireland peace process as his crowning achievement along with withdrawing the military security forces from active service in Northern Ireland.

He may be welcomed by a few in the North, but Dublin is an entirely different matter. It is an incredibly European and cosmopolitan city. Also some people in Ireland draw parallels between British occupation of Middle Eastern countries and the impact of the British military actions in Ireland.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Bliar still wants to shape the future of mankind and in a BBC interview, in response to a question about Iran, he maintained that they shouldn't be allowed nuclear weapons and if necessary, military intervention would be in order.

Even donating the profits from his book of lies will benefit him from a tax perspective. When you make millions on the back of committing hundreds of thousands of people to their death, a charitable donation or two always looks good on the accounts.

What really takes the biscuit is his status as European Peace Envoy to the Middle East. What a sham.

Mo Mowlam was the one instrumental in brokering peace in Northern Ireland, not this loon.

Edit: I hope he's protested at every book signing engagement he attends. This fool deserves no attention.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
pffft i was expecting to see a few eggs lobbed at his face.
Oh well, there is always next time. And look at the police protecting the blood soaked criminal.
Crazy world we live in where a man responsible for over a million deaths is protected and those protesting against him are tackled to the ground.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Definitely. They managed to hit Nick Griffin in the head. Who although being an abhorred human being, isn't complicit in the deaths of some 1.3 million Iraqi nationals.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
That's the one thing that really gets me about Blair.

Middle East Peace Envoy. I mean really?

That's like having Heinrich Himmler as envoy to the Jews.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Actualy he was in the East of Ireland "Dublin"...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

We should be protesting about that to. How on earth he got this position I have no idea. It is like sticking two fingers up at all those he killed and jumping on their graves. This loon should disappear into the political ether as soon as possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Blair was a good enough PM that was completely freaked out at the 9/11 incident...he stood by Bush in good faith and we moved into Afhganistan.

Iraq destroyed the credibility of Blair (and Bush). I see this as Blair being weak willed and still scared...hearing horror stories of WMDs bearing down on us and all sorts...

I was pro-Afhganistani war...damn cavemen taliban...but by the time old georgie started talking about Iraq, I sort of woke up from my terror induced slumber and the wtf moments hit.

I try not to see Blair's entire legacy as PM as the one mistake. it was a big one, but not of his personal conception...british good faith is a strong thing to squander and that I find is the worst thing about the whole incident...I wish Blair would have given Bush a voice of reason back then...I shed no tears about the fall of Saddam's Iraq mind you, but in the grand scheme of things, I would rather watch north korea fall if we were going to play paladin of the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It seems the world does care.. and it seems you are the first to post this news, and also it seems many people are very interested therefore there is already probably 10 thread about this lol..

If I may make a recommendation, I think they should hang this guy from the barrel of a tank

When my leaders sell their souls, my people usually do the above recommendation

(I'm talking about Afghanistan if you didn't guess upstairs)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Thanks Dave for your enlightening directions.

I am actually from Ireland and used the word "southern" so some people would understand that it was the republic that he visited. Maybe I should of put a link to Google map but I wasnt expecting to be nit picked.

Slow day??

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Irish Matador]

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Irish Matador]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I didn't realize that the Irish had such a soft spot in their hearts for Saddam....
to get so upset at Blair because of Iraq, one would think that Blair robbed Ireland to pay for Iraq!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Well it seems the Irish have a conscience and it's not as if Britain was just the only country to protest the Iraq War.

Besides the fact that the war was based on lies.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

My thoughts exactly! To think that this was his first book-signing? In Dublin? At this time? This sounds like they were trying to get some kind of reaction.

Weird world.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

You do realized the plight of Grand Ole Ireland throughout history do you not? They just so happen to have been so close to England.

They do not take kindly to being ruled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join