It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Fact 1: as OP has stated
Fact 2: queues for his signature (doesn't fit with the press "view" of him hence ignored)
Fact 3 : Sierra Leone - hmmmm
Fact 4 : The Balkans - hmmmm

Let's cherry pick history to suit our own agenda shall we.....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There were a lot of Palestinian flags at the protest also. It wasn't all about Iraq, many of the people there were protesting on his failure as Middle East Envoy or whatever his title is nowadays. A few people threw shoes, I didn't see any eggs being thrown and there was some red paint on the path outside after Blair had left.

Four protesters were arrested and have been charged with public order offences.

One girl from a Palestinian Solidarity group managed to get into the signing queue and attempted a citizen's arrest, she was of course bundled out of the shop immediately.

Another few things to note: around 6 tram stops were not in use due to the event, numerous shops were closed as were street vendors, all bins around the shop were covered with a plastic wrap, one half of Dublin's main thoroughfare was shut, people in the queue to buy his book had to give up their bags and mobile phones before meeting Blair....

[edit on 5/9/10 by Yossarian]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Waterstones book shop London's Westend 8th August...Be there, bring plenty shoes, eggs and pitchforks. Lets give the **** a encore

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crowkey

Actually try to hit him with the eggs if you go
i want nothing more than to see him covered in egg and an assortment of other things before he starts signing his books, a size 13 pair of work boots off his noggin would be welcomed also... in all seriousness he should be rotting in prison for the rest of his life with just the bare essentials to keep him alive.... but sadly that won't happen.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Tony Blair Scraps London Book Signing

Maybe he got the message.

"However, I have decided not to go ahead with the signing as I don't want the public to be inconvenienced by the inevitable hassle caused by protesters," he added.

So apparently protesters just cause "hassle." What about the milions protesting the Iraq War? Was that just a load of "hassle" too?

"I know the Metropolitan police would, as ever, have done a superb job in managing any disruption, but I do not wish to impose an extra strain on police resources simply for a book signing.

Yeah such as the "hassle" of closing off entire streets perhaps?

"I'm really sorry for those – as ever, the majority – who would have come to have their books signed by me in person. I hope they understand."

No Tony, you're severely mistaken. The majority were coming to protest. Not to get a copy of your drivel (which is fit only for public burning as far as I am concerned) signed by you. I hope you understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Cheers to the Irish, for stopping this stinker from his continued egoistical mass murdering hubris!

If I am ever in Ireland and in a pub, rest assured drinks will be 'on the house' from the insignificant and nobody me all night long!

Cheers, on behalf of those who would had been lied to once again to lose their precious lives over supporting another senseless war recommended by him and his piece of garbage he dares call a book !!!

Never ever doubt the capability of the Irish to make a stand! :-)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Look like a protest will go ahead outside the Tate where a book launch party is being attended by Blair and possibly Campbell and Mandelson.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Please tell me you're joking.

A book launch party?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Tony Blair scrapped London book signing to avoid protest 'hassle'

Former prime minister worried BNP might have caused trouble, and says he wanted to prevent 'extra strain on police resources'

A likely story, its because of Dublin IMO...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

From stopwar.org

Link

Might go up with my camera to record what happens.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You'd probably get harassed by police for trying to take photos.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Could be an interesting evening.

Just no pictures of police!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Tony Blair is just another scum bag puppet for the real masters of Hitler,WAR, Assassinations, and world domination-the Banking Elite Gangsters.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It seems the evening has been cancelled.

Protests "frightening" for guests: Blair

If he wanted a party why not just have it at his home?

He's just drawing attention to himself and insinuating that protesting causes "hassle" and "frightens" people.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
That's the one thing that really gets me about Blair.

Middle East Peace Envoy. I mean really?

That's like having Heinrich Himmler as envoy to the Jews.

Love it, lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

this guy is a real donkey
and so is anyone that pays 25 bucks for his book
dont give this donkey your money
to bad none of the eggs hit him
thx for posting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>