It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Eggs and shoes???

Wow, those folks must have REEEAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYY been pissed off, not eggs and SHOES!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I think the shoes were symbolic, as when that Iraqi man threw his shoe at Bush, and eggs....well eggs are eggs right?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Was that a serious comment?

This has very little to do with Saddam. It lies with the fact that Blair has blood on his hands. The Iraq war was and is illegal and Blair was behind it all the way. All the innocent lives and families destroyed and he parades around as if he is the saviour of mankind.

How can an ex British Prime minister release his memoirs and go to Southern Ireland for his first offical signing??

He might of been in power when the peace process happened but let me reassure people , he had very little to do with it actually being agreed to.

This man is delusional and egotistical and makes my blood boil.

I hope he receives a "good old Irish welcome" where ever he goes to promote his book on "how to kill and get rich"

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here is a review of his book and good read.

"What leaps time after time from the pages is that he still wants to be a player on the world stage. This above all is what he misses since stepping down."

No greater shadow hangs over Tony Blair's legacy than the one cast by Iraq, about which he is utterly unrepentant.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is good news.The more the better.People are starting to realise what world politics and its corrupt investors are realy about.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Egg's an Shoes can smell badly! which for the likes of Blair is just right!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Yeah i think we got a full on glimpse at the agenda here because Blair has repeatedly said Iran is a target and he went so far as to say confrontation is likely if they continue their nuclear goal (without evidence they have a nuclear goal).

They can't do what they did in Iraq, the public will want clear evidence and actual weapon parts to be presented, not a flimsy excuse about WMD's that never turn up. Even then i think the public is tired of war and i have this terrible fear the an invasion of Iran will be the trigger for a world war. I don't want that but it seems all to possible.

Blair is giving proceeds from his book to charity, some people think this is to save face but i think it's more because he thought the book just wouldn't sell if he took the money from it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Abit more detail

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
wat is the title of the book??? MY BATTLE ?ore in german mein kampf...:-)

sigh Bush is also writing his testamony to it...:-(
wats in there heads????? the war criminals....scumm of the human race....

the books of both leaders that destroyd Irak should be forbidden..ore placed in the same rack with hitlers memoires...

[edit on 4-9-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Love the Way you Lie?

'You' have that choice, Charles.....to Be.
Choose wisely.....
You 'should' know the right course of Action.
Do the 'Right' thing.

There truly is no other choice with one who 'knows' FreeDom as the average US citizen 'assumes'.
You work 'with' the U.S. or you will surely suffer 'that' consequence.
This 'should' be understood.
Americans will Not be Subjects unto 'any' assumed 'authority'.
This 'should' be Understood.....by now.
Your choice.

Choose wisely.....for 'All' concerned.
You should know what I say is truth so don't be foolish for either concern.
Brother?
Your choice.....

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Personally, i like Blair, he was a good prime minister and did a lot of good for the country, I'm a member of Labour and will continue to be.

Do i agree with the Iraq war? Well I'm not sure but personally i would rather Saddam not be in power either way, yes it has cost lives, but i mean, if you join the army...what do you expect?

Blair actually didn't want to go to war without UN approval, but Bush just kept pushing and pushing and thanks to our "special" relationship, we couldn't really back out, personally i can see a war with Iraq but I cant see Britain getting involved to be honest, at least not from the start, I can see it being Israel/USA and Iraq and then once China/Russia steps in so will the UK and the EU etc.

Ireland probably not the best place for the first signing, but as a politician at the end of the day, someone, somewhere is going to disagree with you.

At least he is donating it to charity, and no i don't think its a cover up to make the book sell, he really doesn't need the money, he gets £150,000 a year pension for being a PM and gets millions for his speeches and work as the peace envoy, alongside his wife who also gets a high price for speeches and is a well paid barrister.

At the end of the day, its impossible to make everyone happy, but I'd get much more joy out of seeing Nick Griffin being pelted with Eggs than Tony Blair.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Throwing eggs at the puppet Blair when they should be throwing them at the puppet master. Bilderbergers,Rothchilds. Super rich sheiks.etc. etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Concept X

Let me ask you a question,, what about poor Dr Kelly! do you think Blair signed his Death warrant?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

I think the shoes were symbolic, as when that Iraqi man threw his shoe at Bush, and eggs....well eggs are eggs right?

What is this world coming to when a man has to endure the tortures of eggs and shoes??

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

If I hear "the Iraq war was illegal" one more time my head will explode.

INFO TO NOTE:

The first Gulf War was NOT ended by the signing of a "peace treaty". It was ended by a CEASE-FIRE AGREEMENT. The significance of the difference is that if either party violates said stipulations of the cease-fire agreement, the other party can resume military operations under international law.

The final UNSC resolution found Iraq in "Material Breach" of the 1991 cease-fire agreement.

Case closed, for Pete's sake deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Egg's an Shoes can smell badly! which for the likes of Blair is just right!

Can you at least assure me no women or children saw the egg throwing or shoe tossing???????

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
To launch the best of protests, I would have paid the 25 bucks for the book, have him sign it, THEN throw the eggs!

Of course, I do not condone the throwing of eggs at anyone.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A message has been sent.

The people are putting their foot down
on the shell corporations looting the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ah! Mr Blair!

He has become one of those people, who when their faces appear on the TV, the majority of people want to throw up or hurl eggs and shoes at him!

As they say, 'Scum always rises to the top' and Mr Blair is proof of this!

To hear him threaten Iran, another unarmed and 'innocent nation', (innocent in that they don't go around the world killing people, starting wars, causing trouble etc) is seriously nauseating!

However, it is encouraging that people have woken to his lies and scams and it would be interesting to follow the money trail and find out who is Mr Blair's Master or Handler!

Now that would be telling!

The world is a different place since the French Revolution.
People are well aware of the annonymous and faceless powers who really run the show and what's more......they know where they live!!!!

Once people have nothing else to lose, which is rapidly approaching, there will be no safety for the REAL world rulers, be it bunker, tower, or deep hole in the ground.

There are only so many distractions that can be put out to try to confuse the people and these are already failing and even the old lady next door to me is complaining about 'those bloody Rothschilds and Rockerfellers' and where would she get that kind of information from, as it certtainly wasn't from me!

People are not as stupid as they appear.

But the people at the TOP have forgotten that once you remove the very bottom bricks of the pyramid, the whole structure comes tumbling down!

NICE!

I so LOVE KARMA!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Obama would get the same treatment from the public here in the US if not for the guys around him with the submachine guns. Obama is the least competent president so far. He's a joke.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join