It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Signs America Is No Longer Free

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
good post and good information!!! S+F!

But we are still technically free... We have the freedom to come and go as we please, watch whatever we want, browse anything on the internet, eat whatever we choose, work where we want, live where we want, freedom to have as many kids as we want, freedom to back talk our government leaders, freedom to protest, bear arms, vote (even though it doesn't count for anything really), freedom of religion, we are not forced to join the military (lately), we have the freedom to choose our education, freedom to say what we want and how we feel, and soooo many other things that if I list it will be way to long LOL.

I get what you are getting at but if you think about it most of those "reasons" are pretty justified seeing the world we are living in right now.

I like an optimist as much as the next guy but you're seeing the glass as half-full. The problem is, it used to be full and our government has taken the other half. I'm going to touch on some of your noted "freedoms".

1) Freedom to come and go as we please. Not really. If our government is the oppressor then the walls are our borders. We now need passports to leave the country, period.
2) Watch whatever we want. Sort of...in reality, we watch whatever has been molded to fit within the limits of the FCC, and organized "news" media. Certain stations can and do refuse to run certain ads if they deem those ads to contain "sensitive material", or "offensive" material. Remember the football player who did a pro-life ad during the Super Bowl? That ad almost didn't make it on the air because of the fear of offending abortion pushers.
3) Eat whatever we choose. Again, sort of. Michelle Obama is working on putting a stop to that. Snack and soda machines have been removed from virtually all public schools (thereby controlling what our children eat). Eventually, "offensive food" will be treated much like tobacco; tax the hell out of it so people can't afford to buy it. Is that really freedom? That's like charging $20 a gallon for gas then telling me I'm free to travel wherever I like. That dog don't hunt.
4) Free to work where we want. Again, sort of. Unions have put many businesses out of business because they aren't union "shops". The government imposing minimum wage creates a limitation as does OSHA, the FDA and many others.
5) Freedom of Religion. That one is downright laughable. Religion used to be openly expressed without fear of persecution. Nowadays you can only practice in a closet where you won't "offend" anybody. The constitution has been twisted to say something it simply doesn't say, just to restrict relifion. If you can't see the restraint that has been put on religion over the last 20 years you are either very young or very blind.
6) Freedom to backtalk our government. 3 words..."Joe The Plumber". That guy was attacked from all directions for questioning a junior Senator from Chicago. They pilfered through his records and ran him through the ringer. Bill O'Reilly has come right out and said he was audited 3 years in a row when Bill Clinton was in office. If you believe that was by chance, then I have a bridge in AZ I want to sell you.
7) Right to bear arms. Sort of. A few short years ago you could buy 50 .357 rounds for about $16.00, today their about $30. The thugs in the White House are trying to devise a plan to outlaw lead in ammo because of the lead it adds to the environment. Never mind that lead appears naturally!

In short, the loss of freedom is subtle and behind the scenes and it's taken away using underhanded means. I may be a pessimist, but my freedoms are bestowed upon me by God, not the government.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Do you really believe that stuff or you just post that because it's fun?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
reply to post by General.Lee

Do you really believe that stuff or you just post that because it's fun?

Excuse me? Not only do I believe it, I have lived it. Prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
freedom is a joke in n.america. i can go to home depot, buy a can of paint thiner and sniff away, that's legal. buy a naturally growing herb and smoke some of it in the privacy of your own home with some pizza and a movie and you will be arrested, fingerprinted, tried, convicted and depending on the region, put in prison. you will also more likely lose your job, have a criminal record and work for cash at a constuction site because no one will hire you with a record. is that justice? the social and civil punishment and penalties for smoking weed far outweighs the relatively harmless act of smoking a joint while watching a movie.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Free Range Empires and the End of Human Farming - Why freedom always leads to tyranny under statism.

this is part 4 or "Statism is Dead" an excellent video discussing how we are all slaves on a very big plantation. the illusion of freedom gives us the feel good sensation and keeps us from revolting. the more freedom that we feel like we have the more we produce. exact same way in the livestock world...productivity = enslavement...

i suggest watching all of this video but here is another very important part of the video...part 3

True News 13: Statism is Dead - Part 3 - The Matrix
that which we create to serve us ends up enslaving us...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Ignore them
they have been taught to debate
I accept your opinion as something to think about.

Their New Motto
I was unable to see the Truth
because I was to busy Debating it!
They don't doubt the truth
They just want to debated it.
Over thinking is what we would call it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why bother reading the rest of the list when the lies begin in number three?

The article quoted and linked in the OP claims Philadelphia is requiring "bloggers" to file for a $300 business license. This is neither true nor even CLOSE to true. The ACTUAL ruling states that any blog which earns revenue, places ads on the site as a means of revenue (not the type required by the service provider) or sells goods is a business, and must have a business license.

Why isn't this logical? If someone is using a website to make profit, it is a business venture. All business ventures require a business license. The bloggers are free to express whatever they wish, so long as they aren't using that expression to make money and simultaneously evade business taxes/licenses.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
Why bother reading the rest of the list when the lies begin in number three?

The article quoted and linked in the OP claims Philadelphia is requiring "bloggers" to file for a $300 business license. This is neither true nor even CLOSE to true. The ACTUAL ruling states that any blog which earns revenue, places ads on the site as a means of revenue (not the type required by the service provider) or sells goods is a business, and must have a business license.

Why isn't this logical? If someone is using a website to make profit, it is a business venture. All business ventures require a business license. The bloggers are free to express whatever they wish, so long as they aren't using that expression to make money and simultaneously evade business taxes/licenses.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

A homeless person earns revenue(when they pan handle) so why are they not going after them?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
See I am old enough to know
We are Americans following Bankers orders.
We will ask you once for your resources
if you do not consent to give us your resources.
We do not debate we will step in with boots on the ground bombs from the air
and take the resources that the bankers demand we take from you.
We have become the current tool of the NWO!
After we have crashed our War budget there is a couple nations waiting for the chance to replace us as the NWO tool.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is all stuff you hear on Alex Jones show.

I mostly agree, America is a corpse and the vultures are circling.

So when your all homeless just spread the information and get organized.
Theres more of us than there are of them.

I think the homeless should swarm the mansions and squat in some rich A-holes multimillion dollar home. Then when the police and swat teams come in and start brutalizing the homeless women and kids, make sure that video gets on the internet. Show the public some in your face realities of this tyranny of the rich.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just think of your brain as a resource
The government has already
seized your brain and refuses to debate with you
if it belongs to Them or You!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
An argument can be debated.
But an opinion can only be change
through self awareness!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Because that's not a business venture. Bloggers who place ads on their sites and sell products are working under a terms of service agreement that lists their work as capital.

It's basic business law, and frankly, common sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A good sign that freedom of speech isn't dead:

This thread.

Also, don't forget, Prop 8 was a removal of freedoms for many American citizens. Not by the government, but by other civilians who just so happen to be uncivilized bigots.

You are as free as you want to be. Unless of course it's involving the Patriot Act..then well, your rights are violated and destroyed.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

A self employed person that is homeless
will still be considered self employed and never entitled to the benefits you describe after they have lost everything.
Even if they go to library and write a blog about being homeless.
using the change they pan handled from the street to pay for their blog time at the library computer.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is my take on it done by some one else though.

It is true that we still have much freedom, but try and walk down a city street after say around 11:00 PM and see if you do not get stopped. We live in a town of 10000 and you can not walk the streets at night.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So in simple terms
We have lost the right to even be
Homeless in America.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Personally, I'm not sure that we had much freedom to lose. We've basically been a corporate state or a national security state (whatever you want to call it) since Worild War II at least--maybe even much earlier. There were already plenty of signs that is was heading that way even in the First World War.

From time to time, there have been rebellions against that System, like in the 1960s, but they did not really change it. If anything, it's gotten worse in the years since.

For a long time, I think, Joe Average was content to go along if he could have his 30-year mortgage in the suburbs, cable TV and beer in the fridge, but I suspect he's not even going to be allowed even that much in the years ahead.

So what is "freedom", anyway?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
www.youtube.com...

Here is my take on it done by some one else though.

It is true that we still have much freedom, but try and walk down a city street after say around 11:00 PM and see if you do not get stopped. We live in a town of 10000 and you can not walk the streets at night.

I walk the streets of Downtown Pittsburgh every night after midnight. Never got stopped once unless it was by a homeless guy begging for change. Other than that, nothing.

Oh I did get mugged at gunpoint though by three guys...but that wasn't in the city.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A simple response would be

20 Signs America Is No Longer Free
in your minds should read
20 Signs America Is Less Free

But to try and beat up someone for using links that
confirm their believes in the opinion is just wrong and confirms
that Signs America Is No Longer Free
because if you try to state that you are wrong make fun of them ridicule...

So the way this thread was ridiculed I would have to agree this is...
Signs America Is No Longer Free

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join