It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acid attacker: 'Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Acid attacker: 'Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?'

www.msnbc.msn.com

VANCOUVER, Wash. — A 28-year-old woman severely burned when a stranger threw an acid-like liquid in her face was listed in serious condition in a Oregon hospital.

Bethany Storro, of Vancouver, Wash., was getting something out of her car in downtown Vancouver when the attack happened Monday evening, her mother Nancy Neuwelt told The Oregonian.

Neuwelt said a young woman walked up to her daughter, said: "Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?" and tossed a cup of liquid in Storro's face.

"I’m a nice girl and I don’t know why this happened," Storro, 28, said Tuesday in h
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How flippin insane is this now?!? Are you telling me that I have to take into account the possibiity of acid weilding psychos the next time I go out for a coffee?

Have to feel absolutely horrible for this woman. Minding her own business and SPLASH...game over. What I do not get is that she was standing in front of a Starbucks in what appears to be a rather commercial area in downtown Vancouver ( I google mapped the location ) and nobody standing around stopped this lunatic following this horrific assault?

Those individuals should be ashamed.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Also...

how twisted is that Terminator/Dirty Harry type question she uttered before throwing the acid? "Hey pretty girl, wanna drink this?"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Geez. That's awful....and to think that no one did anything to catch the person! That's troublesome to say the least. Maybe the attacker was hideously ugly (obviously they are on the inside!) and jealousy took over so they had to ruin a "pretty girl's" face?
"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
Maybe the attacker was hideously ugly (obviously they are on the inside!) and jealousy took over so they had to ruin a "pretty girl's" face?
"

Yeah I thought about that angle. How disturbed and how low of a self opinion must one have to permanantly and maliciously alter another individuals natural appearance in order to feel better about themselves?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am in a pretty small city, and we have our fair share of crazies. This one guy gestured to punch me, then went on to say I was lucky. This guy having white crisp around his lips, and looking like someone who would be infected with god knows what; i just biked away.

If i had punched him, which was obviously my first reaction to someone looking like they were going to punch me, I would have risked blood transfer. Something my friend got screwed over for.

This was probably some crack head who could not get over her grungy-ness and decided to take it out on a nice pretty girl.

Yeah, the thought of it makes me sick. I seriously wonder how some people could be so careless about themselves. To do such an action only requires something to set the person off, usually nasty drugs found on the streets.

All in all, live in the country. The city is for people who made it, or really want to. Both get screwed.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
And here I was thinking such craziness was reserved for Asia.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It is too bad that the Canadian government disarmed the poor girl.

Had she been from an society that respects the right of individuals to bear and carry arms, the attacker might have decided to move to another victim - so as to not risk having his face blown off in attempt to ruin an armed person's face.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
VANCOUVER, Washington USA

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marklancedance

I've got two stars man, you are going to ruin it for me.....

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I've got two stars man, you are going to ruin it for me.....

If you wanted more stars next time find an opening to bash Obama.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Had she been from an society that respects the right of individuals to bear and carry arms, the attacker might have decided to move to another victim - so as to not risk having his face blown off in attempt to ruin an armed person's face.

Yeah because guns solve everything

Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You are serious, aren't you? Well, this attack could have happened in a gun-toting area. Not everybody totes guns. Somehow this attacker would know who is carrying a gun?

Stuff happens, even in my gun-totiing happy state.

Yes, I am a happy gun toter. lol. Nobody who sees me would know that, though. And, idiots and crazy people do not care if someone might be toting. They just act on their insane impulses.

Yep, if only the victim had a gun in this case! All would be well! Not!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Exuberant1

You are serious, aren't you?

Well not about the Canada part.

But yeah, guns are good tools and some people have an irrational fear of them.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Pretty flaky theories above mine....

I assume law enforcement is tracking the men she dated since she moved there and cross referencing the ex/girlfriends from these men.

Typical jealous ex/girlfriend/wife behaviour. If i can't have him....

I feel for the poor girl it's a very harsh crime and the perp should be locked away for long... with a treatment of some kind.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Pretty flaky theories above mine....

I assume law enforcement is tracking the men she dated since she moved there and cross referencing the ex/girlfriends from these men.

Typical jealous ex/girlfriend/wife behaviour. If i can't have him....

I feel for the poor girl it's a very harsh crime and the perp should be locked away for long... with a treatment of some kind.

There was a similar attack here in the UK.
I felt acid melting my face away and wanted to die.

Evil Danny Lynch had already brutally RAPED Katie, kept her PRISONER and BATTERED her before he decided he wanted to spoil her beauty forever - and sent a henchman to hurl SULPHURIC ACID in her face.

I think its awful, the lengths that some people will go to.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is why sometimes I want to support "eye for an eye" or old west style punishments.

This girl will be scarred emotionally and physically for the rest of her life, and her assailant will just sit in a little cell, getting her free meals and room and waiting for someone to find her a loophole to get out. While we go on pretending she will be reformed or that the big nasty prison system will get her in the end.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Jesus Christ - why are people so obsessed with guns on this forum?

GUNS ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO LIFES PROBLEMS.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It's not the guns. Is what the guns represent. Taking the initiative to defend yourself and be aware of your surroundings. Knowing that regardless of how many cops are on the beat and how many laws are on the books we are essentially still living in anarchy. Anyone can do anything at any time. Including throwing acid in your face for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Sure, that person may suffer some consequence if ever caught but the act is done, the crime is committed and you've already been made a victim.

Saying "gun" is a quick and dirty way to say all of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join