It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acid attacker: 'Hey pretty girl, do you want to drink this?'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

people post dribble like that just looking to get people worked up, he is trolling for sure. There is always a place for forgiveness, but that does not remove someone from facing the consequences of their actions.

That is a HUGE problem in today's society. Total lack of consequences from peoples actions.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Exuberant1
It is too bad that the Canadian government disarmed the poor girl.

Had she been from an society that respects the right of individuals to bear and carry arms, the attacker might have decided to move to another victim - so as to not risk having his face blown off in attempt to ruin an armed person's face.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Exuberant1]

Jesus Christ - why are people so obsessed with guns on this forum?

GUNS ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO LIFES PROBLEMS.

Says the Englishman...

No they aren't the answer. They are the insurance policy.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here are some updates to the story...

Check check check check it out

Acid attack victim: ‘Imagine that on your skin’
Woman says she’s resolved not to let assailant ruin her life

Bethany Storro was wheeled into a small conference room with her face wrapped in bandages. Her parents on either side of her, she shoved aside the moments when she’s asked, “Why me?” and instead struck a thankful tone.

“I’m just trying to stay positive,” she said. “It’s not about looks. I can’t let what she did to me ruin my life.”

From the looks of things Thursday, she won’t. The bandages covered her face but were no match for her easy-going disposition and sharp wit.

“I’m generally a happy person — everyone’s just been so nice to me,” she said.

Storro spoke for about 30 minutes in a room at the Oregon Burn Center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, where she’s receiving medicine to fight off pain and treatment to generate fresh skin.

BEFORE

AFTER

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vimanarider

I love how the article calls a black woman throwing acid on a white woman "a random attack"...whereas if the races were reversed, at this stage of the investigation, they would be calling it "a hate crime"...yes yes.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

What goes around comes around

You guys mocked Afghanistan enough and portrayed them as backward cowards, generalizing all afghans based on the actions of some extreme minority, not to mention the whole Muslim world etc etc

Ahh I wonder what the MSM is gonna say about this..

Now compare and contrast, so you may avoid brainwashing propaganda next time you see on bloody TV..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Now Twoface has a friend!

ahahahaha ah now I feel bad

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Not really sure how your post sheds any insight on the topic at hand.

Seems just like some anti-American venom.

Are you equating a war in Afghanistan to a woman having acid thrown in her face?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vimanarider
reply to post by oozyism

Not really sure how your post sheds any insight on the topic at hand.

Seems just like some anti-American venom.

Are you equating a war in Afghanistan to a woman having acid thrown in her face?

I simply told you to compare and contrast.. Now brainwashed fouls won't have the ability to go around dissing Muslims and Afghans due to acid being thrown by (psychos)..

See how it plays out? Every excuse Americans used to justify the Afghan war will come back to haunt them..

This is called Karma, and people who actually have experienced life outside the media will tell you it really sux..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
How awful! I've actually heard similar stories. Are people that freaking jealous?!
This is near where I live too! Vancouver, WA seems bad for random incidents of violence, four years ago, this 18 year old girl was stabbed to death by a scizophrenic

Getting acid thrown in your face - that's a worse assault than rape, imo. Poor girl!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I really do not want to get into a whole thing here but...

Again...you are failing to stick to the topic, therefore...

There is no comparing and contrasting to be done since...

You are attemting to fit square pegs in round holes, and...

The disdain you have for America and Americans is sad and misguided.

There is no reason for you to try and hijack this thread...there are hundreds of nonsensical "I hate America because..." threads for you to spread what you would call "brainwashing".

[edit on 3-9-2010 by vimanarider]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by vimanarider
reply to post by oozyism

I really do not want to get into a whole thing here but...

Again...you are failing to stick to the topic, therefore...

There is no comparing and contrasting to be done since...

You are attemting to fit square pegs in round holes, and...

The disdain you have for America and Americans is sad and misguided.

There is no reason for you to try and hijack this thread...there are hundreds of nonsensical "I hate America because..." threads for you to spread what you would call "brainwashing".

[edit on 3-9-2010 by vimanarider]

OK.. OK.. An American throws acid in this innocent girls face, what a tragedy, what a murderous backward son of * is this individual, he/she is a disgrace to all Americans.

We must find him/her and throw acid in his/her face. That way no one will ever try it again, but until then all Americans must condemn this act, because if they don't, somehow it will imply that all Americans supports this act

I inject my anti-American rhetorics somewhere in there, see if you can find it/

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You are amazing.

This has nothing to do with race, nationality, or creed. You are the only aspect of this whole story and thread with the inability to get beyond the cultural divide.

But I will humor you.

Where are you getting the information that an American threw acid in another American's face? The investigation is focusing on a dark skinned woman. She could be from anywhere, correct? So your sarcastic implication that she is a disgrace to America is based upon your racial profiling.

Still with me?

Your quip about finding her and throwing acid in her face and Americans condemning the act and blah blah blah is your not so veiled comparison to how Americans view Muslims in your mind...right? Fact of the matter is, the American justice system is not based on an eye of an eye premise as certain Islamic law is.

Not all Americans care for Muslims based solely on ignorance, not all Americans care for war based on a variety of reasons, not all Americans rely on MSM for their beliefs and convictions. Just as all Muslim peoples are not terrorists or mistreat women.

Am I getting thru?

This is a news article that contains FACTS...

1. A woman was attacked with some type of acid.
2. The attacker was another woman with dark skin.
3. The victim received horrific burning as a result.
4. An investigation is ongoing to find the assailant.

Those are the facts...hence, what should be the focus of this thread not hand gun laws and grudges against Uncle Sam. The overall nonsense that has permeated into it so far begs for some moderator interference.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

This incident might not have been racially motivated, but you are spot-on when you suggest that if the races were reversed the story would be portrayed in such a way to suggest it was racially motivated.

----------

This is a terrible act of violence that shouldn't be tolerated in any civilised society.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

1. A woman was attacked with some type of acid.
2. The attacker was another woman with dark skin.
3. The victim received horrific burning as a result.
4. An investigation is ongoing to find the assailant.

to me facts are boring, although I don't believe in fact at all, it is all based on faith, you must have faith on the eye witnesses, have faith on technology and the people behind technology who are processing the supposed evidence brought through that technology, you must have faith on the authorities, the police, the FBI, the CIA, the government workers blablablabla.

If you have no faith, simply you are regarded as delusional and crazy therefore they will inject you. Somethiing they have been hiding for a while now, the injection which makes you passive.

All of that being said, you laid the facts in front of me therefore I will run away from this thread, because I can't handle reality

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I just have to ask. Do people often walk away from you shaking their heads.

No reply needed.

Very cold hearted woman on the loose right now.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I can say that this happened here in many cities in traffic, when you are in your car, they would ask for money, if you didnt give them, they would throw acid in your face

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I believe there is a spiritual dimension to attacks like this. The woman was a Christian. That fact alone is enough to incite individuals to attack her. The reason is the undue influence that evil spirits have over our poor youth. All it takes is some drugs, some dabbling in the occult, or some satanic brainwashing.

I've seen all kinds of behavior like this. Inexplicable attacks against Christians, even those who are trying to help other people. I've had people spit at me just because I told them that "Jesus loves you". A friend was attacked by a drunken homeless bum just because he handed him a tract.

There is always a spiritual dimension to this kind of insane behavior. It's similar to how people are goaded into hating Israel and the Jews.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
I believe there is a spiritual dimension to attacks like this. The woman was a Christian. That fact alone is enough to incite individuals to attack her. The reason is the undue influence that evil spirits have over our poor youth. All it takes is some drugs, some dabbling in the occult, or some satanic brainwashing.

I've seen all kinds of behavior like this. Inexplicable attacks against Christians, even those who are trying to help other people. I've had people spit at me just because I told them that "Jesus loves you". A friend was attacked by a drunken homeless bum just because he handed him a tract.

There is always a spiritual dimension to this kind of insane behavior. It's similar to how people are goaded into hating Israel and the Jews.

LOL, I NEVER READ SO MUCH PROPAGANDA INTO THE SAME POST, OH MY GOD, I AM ALMOST SCREAMING RIGHT NOW, COME ON, IS THIS FOR REAL?

so, you basically say the devil is out there to get you

and if you dont support israel actions, thats because the devil is in you

there is no good and evil, its just about perspective, so, you cant say devil and god fault, thats just a tale, if you want to believe, thats your problem, but to try to explain why people do stupid things by using that, its just ignorance, I am sorry to say that

plus, by your idea, nobody should be arrested, since they were under the influence of the devil or something like that ...

[edit on 7/9/10 by Faiol]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Exuberant1
It is too bad that the Canadian government disarmed the poor girl.

Had she been from an society that respects the right of individuals to bear and carry arms, the attacker might have decided to move to another victim - so as to not risk having his face blown off in attempt to ruin an armed person's face.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Exuberant1]

Jesus Christ - why are people so obsessed with guns on this forum?

GUNS ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO LIFES PROBLEMS.

Well at least they would be an answer to who this psycho would target next - No one.

Some people don't really get to have a second chance imo. This freak is one of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
How shocking for that poor woman.

This attacker was just some random nutter who watched too many violent movies and wanted to star in his own.

I don't see how this could have been prevented.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join