It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutionalists now labeled as terrorists; says DOJ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The Department of Justice has fired a salvo in the war against patriotic Americans supporting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The DOJ has issued Investigating Terrorism and Criminal Extremism –Terms and Concepts, a 120-page propaganda addendum described as “a glossary designed primarily as a tool for criminal justice professionals to enhance their understanding of words relating to extremist terminology, phrases, activities, symbols, organizations, and selected names that they may encounter while conducting criminal investigations or prosecutions of members of extremist organizations.”

Hey DOJ I thought demonizing Patriots was the SPLC's job?

The glossary describes the word “constitutionalist” as a “generic term for members of the ‘patriot’ movement. It is now often used to refer to members of the sovereign citizen or common law court movement. Sometimes the word ‘constitutionalist’ is also used.”

According to Merriam-Webster, a constitutionalist is a person who adheres to a form of government according to constitutional principles.

Source

Link to PDF in question.

So basically if you believe in the Constitution you may be a terrorist.

Well I guess myself and many others on ATS will make the list.

Thoughts?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This happened with the Patriot Act, and Alex Freaking Jones well knows this too. So why is anyone calling this NEW or saying it's happening NOW? Talk about a sickness and recycled news to hang the new president. I don't know whether this is sickening or amusing.

Here's a thread from 2007 on ATS...and it goes back even further than that if I remember correctly. www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's a story from back...2001! www.infowars.com...

Front: whatreallyhappened.com...

Back: whatreallyhappened.com...

Another story from Prison Planet circa 2006. www.infowars.com...

[edit on 9/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the Constitution of the United States of America is under attack, and the States themselves are not as "united" as they used to be

i think i've become so used to it now i'm desensitized to it's mentioning

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
pdf version 1.0 - 2005-2009, how is this "new" news? I'm sure I've seen threads regarding these compilation lists before (on ATS)...

ETA: A. Jones again... I see. That explains it resurfacing.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Thoughts?

Yay!

Or more seriously, we all saw this coming. The brochures that were created did this once already, linking Constitutional and Libertarian thought with "crazy" conspiracy theory and even the Republican hijacking of the Tea-party movement.

The constitution and by association constitutionalists have no place in the world to come.

Edit: This isn't as new as I thought.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Well I will be standing up for what's right and if anyone has issues with that I can give directions.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

As will I.

I've no fondness for path this world is on.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
uh, everyone is a terrorist, because a terrorist doesn't exist, until the act has been committed. so...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Well, considering the source, Alex Jones and Prison Planet, I see this as a lie.

Inflammatory.

And benign as cancer that has gone into remission.

Considering that COINTELPRO, Project Megiddo and the M.I.A.C. Report were all failed experiments in nonsense, this will fail as well, if it's true.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Why is this news?

Well lets see....

If you believe that all men are created equil, you might be a terrorist.
If you think you have the right to Own and Carry a Firearms, you might be a terrorist.
If you question the Politicians that are supposed to serve the public, You might be a terrorist.

To quote George W. Bush refering to the Constitution; "it's just a G D peice of paper"

So Yeah I think that its news.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well I tried the link in the Document and it brought me here: www.slatt.org...

Copyright 2005–2009 Institute for Intergovernmental Research®.
All rights reserved. For additional information, please contact IIR at
Post Office Box 12729, Tallahassee, FL 32317, (850) 385-0600, or www.slatt.org.
Law Enforcement Sensitive.

Concidering that it is labeled Law Enforcement Sensitive could be why I cannot find it on any of the DOJ sites.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Here's a thread from 2007 on ATS...and it goes back even further than that if I remember correctly. www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's a story from back...2001! www.infowars.com...

Front: whatreallyhappened.com...

Back: whatreallyhappened.com...

Another story from Prison Planet circa 2006. www.infowars.com...

[edit on 9/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Thank you for posting all these links it proves that it not just Obama whom trampples on Liberties its Past presidents and congresses

The truth is the US is out of money and they don't need any questions asked.

Patriots ask questions. Like where is the money? What did you spend it on? Bailouts to foreign banks?

They tend not to like being question.

They don't like it when we quote the Constitution cause it shows malfeasence while in office.

The US will soon be in its death rattle and what will you do about it?

Edit to re-word

[edit on 1-9-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

There was something about a leaked Homeland Security pdf compilation too - it looks like the same list as this, basically terms and descriptions (like an unofficial watch list) that was online awhile back. I'm pretty sure it was pulled and explained away, but I know it was linked in threads here, though cannot find it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
This happened with the Patriot Act, and Alex Freaking Jones well knows this too. So why is anyone calling this NEW or saying it's happening NOW? Talk about a sickness and recycled news to hang the new president. I don't know whether this is sickening or amusing.

^^This!

Lucidity, you beat me to the punch - i was gearing up to pretty much write the same reply.
Thank goodness there are still people with functional long term memory...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Well Sorry for being late to join ATS.

However I have made here and yes the goverment has a history of putting out disinfo about the Patriot Movement but remeber this:

If it were not for Patriots like myself and others we would all still be british (slaves) Subjects.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the club.

Yours truly,
Photographer

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here is the best part!

We paid for them to create this list!
Grant No. 2007-NC-BX-K002

So taking in to account the amount of time that Government takes to put out info I think its safe to say that this is current. And was funded under BUSH!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Eh, no worries.

When the Army comes back from Iraq, they'll be labelled "domestic terrorists"

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Well Sorry for being late to join ATS.

The search function is your friend - it's wise to always use it when passing along stories from sources such as this.

However I have made here and yes the goverment has a history of putting out disinfo about the Patriot Movement but remeber this:

If it were not for Patriots like myself and others we would all still be british (slaves) Subjects.

Oh please.
Just fess up that you were passing on crap information.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

I agree with you the DOJ does from time to time put out crap information like this. However LEO's eat this crap up like its a box of hot glazed doughnuts.

The right you have came from men that died so this would be a free nation. Free from tyranny but between the Neo cons and the liberals coupled with the Globalist bankers the republic has been lost.

So you can feel free to exercise your free speech but you shoud atleast try to deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join