It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Bush 50, Obama 42

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
You mean existing laws against murder, assault and battery aren't enough and we need an extra-special class of laws just 'cause the victim is gay or black or hispanic or jewish or...? I thought murder was murder. Should a murderer receive an extra-stiff penalty just because the victim is gay? Nope. Every murderer should receive the harshest penalty possible.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by abecedarian]

That's not how hate crimes work.
If the person killed a gay person simply for BEING gay and expressed that in some way, then it would be a hate crime.

And murder really isn't as cut and dry that.
For instance, a murder commited for passion, like if you caught your wife in bed with another man then killed him, don't you agree he should have a slightly lighter penalty than a man who planned out and murdered a woman just for fun?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I live in Ohio. I did not vote for Obama. However, I know many people who did and of those, a large percentage jumped the center line to give him a chance based on how brilliantly his campaign was run. Obama was marketed to the nation as the man with a plan.

Ohio has been hit very hard in these economic times and I think Obama's former supporters are now suffering from buyers remorse. The stimulus has had very little impact in Ohio. Manufacturing is nose diving and the Presidential disconnect with the majority of the nation is now glaringly obvious.

Blah Blah Blah....

Do you honestly believe the Republicans would have done better? I don't.

I think people expected Obama to be the second coming of sorts. No One can withstand that kind of pedestal.

I think from a realistic point of view - - Obama is doing as well as anyone else would do.

I don't have a bias. I don't really care anymore except on social issues like gay rights and religion in government.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So they'd rather have Obama than Obama? Or they'd rather have Bush than Bush?

They're one in the same, OP. Remove the blinders and see clearly now.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Now FDR was a great leader. President Obama needs to be more like him. A real democrat! Not a Herbert Hoover.

I like Obama. He seems to be very intelligent and methodical. He's taking one issue at a time and actually studying it before making a decision. I know - its Shocking - he doesn't JUMP for individuals wants - who think they are more important then other issues.

Really????

Example of obama being just the opposite of what you describe - the BP oil spill. Obama acted so aloof and detached that his staff and supporters decided he needed to look "tougher" and like he was "in charge". Result - obama announces that he's mad as hell and plans to kick some ass.
Right after he gets back from a vacation or two, that is.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

So they'd rather have Obama than Obama? Or they'd rather have Bush than Bush?

They're one in the same, OP. Remove the blinders and see clearly now.

What are you trying to say?

1 - You don't understand the poll, or

2 - that because the guy you've viciously supported for the last 2 years is doing so badly you've decided to jump on the "both parties are the same" platform to pretend you "never" liked obama in the first place. How weak is that?

Tough choice for you ...

[edit on 9/1/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I know this will come as a shock to you but I am a 45+ year Goldwater Republican (minus the Christian part). The Right Wing has taken the Republican party in directions I don't want to go.

I will be changing my registration to no affiliate. You can do it on-line now.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

That's not how hate crimes work.

Hate crimes are crimes against other people, the same as any other crime.
If you want equality under law, laws must be applied equally.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Example of obama being just the opposite of what you describe - the BP oil spill. Obama acted so aloof and detached that his staff and supporters decided he needed to look "tougher" and like he was "in charge". Result - obama announces that he's mad as hell and plans to kick some ass.
Right after he gets back from a vacation or two, that is.

Why - cuz he didn't jump up and down and put on a show? Like I said - - he is intelligent and methodical.

I'll take Obama's first reaction as to who Obama is.

However - we ALL know the Presidency is not ONE person. The advisers didn't think Obama was "showy" enough for political leverage and appeasement of the masses. So they "advised" and pushed him out on to Center Stage.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by centurion1211

Why - cuz he didn't jump up and down and put on a show? Like I said - - he is intelligent and methodical.

I'll take Obama's first reaction as to who Obama is.

However - we ALL know the Presidency is not ONE person. The advisers didn't think Obama was "showy" enough for political leverage and appeasement of the masses. So they "advised" and pushed him out on to Center Stage.

I would like to see some sort of passion over something... from Obama
He has zero charisma... I find him Cold and sinister
If he jumped up and down, he would be a real human being... at least that is some sort of emotion.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
head or gut....what's it going to be?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

If he jumped up and down, he would be a real human being... at least that is some sort of emotion.

To each his own. Intelligent logical decisions are not made by passion and emotions.

Last thing I want is the president making decisions by his "gut" & "god".

Real Humans? Those affected by well thought out methodical decisions.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If the selection is the same in this next election, I'll legally change my name to Nobody and run for president. If there's nobody you like, vote for Nobody. Nobody love you. Nobody cares about you. Nobody wants you to succeed and prosper.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You'd honestly be surprised by how many Bush supporters are out there.

More than Obama...at least now anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I agree, I live here in Ohio (Columbus) and I never hear anyone praise Bush either. Many of us here remember the shady voting that occured in 2004 when Blackwell was Sec of State.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

And that's EXACTLY the problem!!! People want an entertaining president living up to stereotypes like wearing a cowboy hat. I rather have a logical president than an illogical entertaining one.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

I agree, I live here in Ohio (Columbus) and I never hear anyone praise Bush either. Many of us here remember the shady voting that occured in 2004 when Blackwell was Sec of State.

Don't forget that that Ohio is a major swing state that swayed toward Obama in 2008. Obama has done a very good job at alienating the very voters in Ohio that got him elected.

For you average Joe in Ohio, outside of the Columbus microcosm, there is a serious case of buyers remorse. Enough time has passed now that people realize that they were able to relate better to Bush than Obama.

Obama is almost completely disconnected from the majority of this country right now and his poll numbers reflect that. He marches to the dull beat of an esoteric drummer and only a select group are able to keep the beat.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

And that's EXACTLY the problem!!! People want an entertaining president living up to stereotypes like wearing a cowboy hat. I rather have a logical president than an illogical entertaining one.

Actually, people just want a President that they can at least identify with. Obama has been suffering from a self described internal identity crisis since he was a kid and still has not gotten over it. His crisis is clearly being reflected outward for the whole world to see.

People don't know what he is or what he stands for and he is finally being called out on it from the left and the middle.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

I agree, I live here in Ohio (Columbus) and I never hear anyone praise Bush either. Many of us here remember the shady voting that occurred in 2004 when Blackwell was Sec of State.

Exactly!

I feel fortunate to be raised in S CA. But I've lived in AZ for the last 20 years.

Businesses here blast Rush on loud speakers every day. Few seem to be able to think independently. Mostly you get Rush or Fox News "talking points". These people are like robots. Its really scary experiencing people this way.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Actually, people just want a President that they can at least identify with. Obama has been suffering from a self described internal identity crisis since he was a kid and still has not gotten over it. His crisis is clearly being reflected outward for the whole world to see.

People don't know what he is or what he stands for and he is finally being called out on it from the left and the middle.

And that's the main problem. Besides the Media's "if it bleeds it reads" mentality. Knocking someone off the Mountain gets more ratings.

People want a Phony Baloney that's gonna make them FEEL all Fuzzy inside or Pumped Up like a back porch flag waver.

They want a Carnival Barker like Rush or Limbaugh.

How very sad.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
finance.yahoo.com...^dji,^gspc,^ixic,spy,tlt,tbt< br />
This is from the article:

"The President returned from vacation and, this afternoon, immediately held a press conference on the economy."

I wonder if Henry Blodget, the author of the article, knows how bad that sounds.

So, are you suggesting a President should NEVER take a vacation.

Maybe we should require Presidents to work 1,461 days straight with no time off. That sound realistic.

Are you under the impression G. W. Bush NEVER took a vacation??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join