It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Bush 50, Obama 42

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by MrXYZ

yes thats true, because they are not working as much, If at all.... So yes. you are correct we are paying a lot less taxes..

What a dumb remark...it's less taxes on a percentage basis!! And if he hadn't bailed out those banks, unemployment would be a lot worse.

Last I checked anti-hate-crime legislation is a good thing...that's unless you support racism. As for renewable energies, he's not going far enough, I agree with that. But that's because the oil industry has a sick amount of lobbyists in Washington....it's nothing new. At least he's supporting it more than Bush.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Wow, I haven't heard praise for Obama in a while, it's nice to see there are still some people clinging to that "hope"...

Any Obama supporters I know are either very quiet or wish they could go back and "change" their vote.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

People's memories are short

That is not true... We all remember things being a lot better under Bush...

They weren't better, the deregulation bubble just didn't burst until the end of Bush's reign

Saying they were better is like an cancer patient saying "things were so much better before I knew I had cancer".

Also, 95% of Americans are now paying LESS taxes than under Bush.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

Very true' most Americans are paying less in taxes because most Americans aren't working as much, if at all, compared to when under Bush.

And remember, you're the one that compared Obama to cancer and things were better before we had cancer.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
A poll taken recently in Ohio - where Obama convincingly beat McCain in 2008 - shows that the people in Ohio would rather have Bush as president right now than Obama by a margin of 50% to 42%!

And this is exactly why we do not allow small scale, spur of the moment, popularity contests dictate who sits in major offices of our government.

Short of an amendment to the Constitution, the world is just going to have to deal with the fact that Bush has served the Constitutional term limit and cannot, will not serve again.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Again, for those who can only think slowly...we are paying LESS TAXES on a percentage basis! And I never compared Obama to cancer, you just can't read. The analogy was stating that we had cancer all along (aka the bubble due to deregulation) and just didn't know. Once the crash happened, we knew.

But not knowing about the cancer (aka the economic issue) isn't better than knowing. Unless you're happy being ignorant and self-deceptive.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
LOL! 42-50...LOL!

This is rather hilarious, seeing as I live in OHIO and heard nothing of any poll like this. And I follow politics, both state and federal, rather closely.

This just goes to show you how EASY it is to lie with statistics. Hell I've even read a book that basically teaches you how to. There's a lot of bias when it comes to "political polls" like these. It's one reason I don't base my judgments/opinions on poll results, and instead will wait till November to get a general idea of how my state of Ohio feels.

Not to mention Obama won't even be up for re-election for another 2 years so I'll be curious to see what "polls" are out then.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

you probably live in cleveland
or toledo

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Again, for those who can only think slowly...we are paying LESS TAXES on a percentage basis! And I never compared Obama to cancer, you just can't read. The analogy was stating that we had cancer all along (aka the bubble due to deregulation) and just didn't know. Once the crash happened, we knew.

But not knowing about the cancer (aka the economic issue) isn't better than knowing. Unless you're happy being ignorant and self-deceptive.

Percentage basis? You mean the tax codes changed dramatically in 2009? Nope.

I knew we had cancer as soon as Obama was listed in the primaries. The cost of living increased 20-30% when he started to show promise over Hillary and skyrocketed when he won the Democrat nomination.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I too live Ohio and you dont want an Obama sticker on your bumper around here!!!

[edit on 9/1/2010 by bourbon2nite]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...^dji,^gspc,^ixic,spy,tlt,tbt< br />
This is from the article:

"The President returned from vacation and, this afternoon, immediately held a press conference on the economy."

I wonder if Henry Blodget, the author of the article, knows how bad that sounds.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I live in Ohio and I NEVER ever hear anyone praise Bush or want him back. However I've heard tons of people praise Obama.

If you live in one of the urban/ethnic areas that might be true.

Please be conscious of the fact that not everyone in the state lives where you do and/or believes the way you do.

Polls/statistics are garbage.

Only if you don't agree with their results ...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Cost of living up 20-30% before he was even elected, and more now that he's in power? You shouldn't just pull random figures of your ass, the figures you quoted are beyond ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Could I please have a link to a source for that cost of living statement. As I recall there was not cost of living adjustment for social security because the cost of living figures did not support one.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by bourbon2nite]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All I can say is Thank God my Parents left Ohio before I was born.

And I have no contact or relations with the relatives left behind in Ohio.

Thank God - - they were smart enough to raise me near the California Los Angeles Beaches.

Go Sand & Surf - - and Open Minds

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bush sucked, Clinton sucked... I served during his administration, anyone remember the Bosnian conflict? Yeah, I went there and two tdy's to the sand box which by the way was a non-stop air campaign. F-15's go up fully loaded, come back 3 hours later empty. There has been no walk in the park president in resent memory and there never will. THEY ALL SUCK.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

yes thats true, because they are not working as much, If at all.... So yes. you are correct we are paying a lot less taxes..

What a dumb remark...it's less taxes on a percentage basis!! And if he hadn't bailed out those banks, unemployment would be a lot worse.

Why is it Liberals don't have a good sense of humor, are you so blind that you don't see that taxes are going up and not down... I know that big Business is the enemy, and America is full of Rich Racist bla, Bla bla.....
lets just see how far this liberal PC B.S. gets us... I'm guessing up the creek.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think many are missing the real point of the OP article and thread.

The underlying meaning is to show that if the people of Ohio have reversed their obama support to this degree, it looks like it really will be a terrible election cycle for the dems this November and possibly the next.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Are you voting? Most likely I am and I don't for who yet. I need to look up who's running and what they have to offer. Also! I need to purchases a lie detector.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Are you voting? Most likely I am and I don't for who yet. I need to look up who's running and what they have to offer. Also! I need to purchases a lie detector.

I ALWAYS vote.

Primaries and general elections.

That's how I earn the right to comment on the outcome of the elections.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I ALWAYS vote.

Primaries and general elections.

That's how I earn the right to comment on the outcome of the elections.

That's good of you! As a moderate it's more fun to pick. I always have friends from both sides wanting me to vote for this guy or that chick. I like character and knowledge. For instance. A president has to do their job as a leader and only what's required of them. So many or leaders were great but were not as great when times of hardships.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join