It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Bush 50, Obama 42

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Here's some real political madness in the U.S.

A poll taken recently in Ohio - where obama convincingly beat McCain in 2008 - shows that the people in Ohio would rather have Bush as president right now than obama by a margin of 50% to 42%!

blogs.dailymail.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">source

From Tom Jensen at Public Policy Polling on Tuesday: “We’ll start rolling out our Ohio poll results tomorrow but there’s one finding on the poll that pretty much sums it up: by a 50-42 margin voters there say they’d rather have George W. Bush in the White House right now than Barack Obama.”

In 2008, Barack Obama rolled over John McCain 2,940,044 to 2,677,820.

Using Surber Math, that’s a 262,224-vote margin.

What happened?

The unknown became the known.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wish the poll would have been 'anyone as opposed to Obama'.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As if it really matters whom is president. the office of the "president" is nothing more than a puppet show. Same show every year just a different puppet every four or eight depending on if the people i mean sheeple really like the puppet.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Can we have both as President? "Sarcasm"
I say we don't need either. Even though I love politics. I believe when someone say's whoever you vote for no one truly wins. Because all elected leaders want to just have power.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
People's memories are short

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Remember that McCain was not the only one on the ticket and had he been wise enough to select a running mate who was not a complete imbecile, and proved it on many occasions, he may have won.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I live in Ohio and I NEVER ever hear anyone praise Bush or want him back. However I've heard tons of people praise Obama.

Polls/statistics are garbage.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Doesn't suprise me. People forget things quickly and easily. thus why we repeat history, and all of its mistakes.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Wow, I DID not know that! BTW, has there been ANY difference since Obama took office compared to Bush? Has there? Please point that out to.... I have a short memory.... It all seems the SAME to me. I need you to educate me with your vast knowledge. Please do so

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They miss the "good economy" of the past decade and associate it with Bush, although both Bush and Obama have much less to do with the economy than people realize because there is no fundamental change in important policy whichever party is in charge. But people are simpletons, and its like one of those animal-conditioning experiments: See "face A" during electic shock, hate "face A." See "face B" during feeding time, like "face B."

Although Ohio itself has been in a state of economic decay for so long its hard to imagine anyone there thinking positive thoughts about the last 30 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Well, let's see, shall we:

- When Bush left office, the economy was close to collapse thanks to his deregulation. A depression was a very real scenario...and although the bailouts weren't popular, they prevented that. Unemployment would also be a lot higher if he wouldn't have gone through with them. So from an economic standpoint, we're better off.

- The DJ rose by 30% since he took office. Most of the TARP money will be paid back, or has already been paid back. Given the HUGE amount of money involved in TARP, it's remarkable that most of it has already been recovered.

- Healthcare: finally the US is using a more modern system used by almost every developed country. Millions of people will benefit from it and will be able to afford a good health care where before they couldn't. So overall, most people will be off better.

- Equal pay act is a good thing for a lot of people.

- Anti-hate-crimes legislation

- More investments in renewable energies...a crucial step to rid the US from its dependency on oil.

- White House transparency has been greatly improved compared to any other administration before.

- End of the war in Iraq.

- Overall better image of the US abroad. Like it or not, thanks to globalization all the countries are connected, and the loss in image was a real pain the neck for the US.

Now he also failed in some respects, most notably in making the financial reform tough enough for Wall Street to ensure this whole mess won't repeat itself. Wall Street is laughing its ass off. But if you check out who blocked the necessary reforms which would have achieved that, you'll notice a "trend"...guess which party blocked those reforms!!

I'm NOT saying everything Obama's done was perfect or good...but compared to Bush, who drove the economy off a cliff with 8 years of deregulation, started 2 highly unpopular wars for the wrong reasons, and who turned a 127bn surplus into a 1.2tr deficit, he's doing pretty well I'd say.

My biggest gripe is that he wasn't tough enough on Wall Street. The bailouts would have been so much more effective in the long term if they had been accompanied by tougher regulation to prevent a mess like this in the future. But you can't just blame Obama for this since almost every single GOP member voted against tougher regulation. You can thank them next time a crisis like this happens.

Also, to those saying "the spending has to stop", gimme a break. Go have a look at the real figures and you'll realize that for the last few presidencies, the GOP was the one making it rain compared to the Democrats. Of course Beck won't tell you that, because it doesn't fit his view of the world...but figures don't lie!

And let's not forget who started the bailouts in the first place

[edit on 1-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That is not true... We all remember things being a lot better under Bush...
can anybody honestly say things are better now... (except the people who have the "things I like," on Facebook and only a picture of Obama to fill the section ... who would still love him, even If they we're living in a dumpster. everything these Idiots do makes things worst.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Can we have both as President? "Sarcasm"

A super ticket for 2012! Bush-Obama as co-presidents.

Bush will start the wars while Obama surveys the hottest vacation spots.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I call the beach! bomb all the people knocking down are sand castles.
Yes that would be a great ticket.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yup...well i would have rather had clinton in place of bush from 2000 to 2008, but what does it matter anyway. besides, i agree with the above post that said people in ohio have short memories, plus ohio is a very divided state politcally.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

That is not true... We all remember things being a lot better under Bush...

They weren't better, the deregulation bubble just didn't burst until the end of Bush's reign

Saying they were better is like an cancer patient saying "things were so much better before I knew I had cancer".

Also, 95% of Americans are now paying LESS taxes than under Bush.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

yes thats true, because they are not working as much, If at all.... So yes. you are correct we are paying a lot less taxes..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well first off as many Obama supporters have pointed out the bailouts started w/ Bush
Health care like the rest of the world? Are not most countries having problems with paying for their health care? Anti-hate crime is a achievement? Sounds like more pc BS to me. Aren't most legal cases argued down via plea bargaining anyway? Renewable energies? Mostly feel good legislation without any real effect, how much of that money went overseas? Transparency???
How has this administration been any different? The war in Iraq is not over yet. We just pulled out troops and last I checked we still got some there. The situation in Iraq is too new to judge. It just might get worse or it could even out and become a new player in ME affairs, we need to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
A super ticket for 2012! Bush-Obama as co-presidents.

Bush will start the wars while Obama surveys the hottest vacation spots.

Nah, Bush will start wars, Obama comes in and apologizes for them after.

I say we bring back Nixon from the dead.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join