It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Bush 50, Obama 42

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by abecedarian

Cost of living up 20-30% before he was even elected, and more now that he's in power? You shouldn't just pull random figures of your ass, the figures you quoted are beyond ridiculous.

The figures didn't come off my ass, unless you consider money out of my wallet as coming off my ass.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh - I'm sure it will be a horrible voting year for Dems if Diebold has anything to do with it. Diebold loves Ohio.

I don't believe polls. I especially don't believe any poll coming out of Ohio.

The only voting website I follow is: Black Box Voting . Org

blackboxvoting.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Stepping up and making tough decisions in hard times is very important for a president.

None of us may like how Bush ultimately turned out, but I still thought his speech to the joint session of congress right after 9/11 was one of the most rousing I've ever heard a president give during a crisis - including the recordings I've heard of FDR's speech after Pearl Harbor.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Now FDR was a great leader. President Obama needs to be more like him. A real democrat! Not a Herbert Hoover.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

>snip<

Last I checked anti-hate-crime legislation is a good thing...that's unless you support racism. As for renewable energies, he's not going far enough, I agree with that. But that's because the oil industry has a sick amount of lobbyists in Washington....it's nothing new. At least he's supporting it more than Bush.

You mean existing laws against murder, assault and battery aren't enough and we need an extra-special class of laws just 'cause the victim is gay or black or hispanic or jewish or...? I thought murder was murder. Should a murderer receive an extra-stiff penalty just because the victim is gay? Nope. Every murderer should receive the harshest penalty possible.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by centurion1211

Now FDR was a great leader. President Obama needs to be more like him. A real democrat! Not a Herbert Hoover.

I like Obama. He seems to be very intelligent and methodical. He's taking one issue at a time and actually studying it before making a decision. I know - its Shocking - he doesn't JUMP for individuals wants - who think they are more important then other issues.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Oh - I'm sure it will be a horrible voting year for Dems if Diebold has anything to do with it. Diebold loves Ohio.

I don't believe polls. I especially don't believe any poll coming out of Ohio.

The only voting website I follow is: Black Box Voting . Org

blackboxvoting.org...

Yes, science can be a double-edged sword.

Here's another good site for you then ...

source

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

You mean existing laws against murder, assault and battery aren't enough and we need an extra-special class of laws just 'cause the victim is gay or black or hispanic or jewish or...? I thought murder was murder. Should a murderer receive an extra-stiff penalty just because the victim is gay? Nope. Every murderer should receive the harshest penalty possible.

Yes.

It's like sticking a cork in loopholes.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Yes.

It's like sticking a cork in loopholes.

No.

It's like saying because you murdered a gay person we're going to execute you twice.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

source

Very childish.

As an Atheist - - science is primo!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The anti-hate-crime laws aren't only applicable for murder. Let's say you are a racist, and you dress up as a KKK and burn a cross on someone's yard. Before, you would have been in trouble for civil unrest and tress passing if you planeted the burning cross on the guy's property. But now, you'd also get a harsher fine because of the anti-hate-crime laws. This is a GOOD thing, and the only people who could possibly oppose it are racist...or people who support racism.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The anti-hate-crime laws aren't only applicable for murder. Let's say you are a racist, and you dress up as a KKK and burn a cross on someone's yard. Before, you would have been in trouble for civil unrest and tress passing if you planeted the burning cross on the guy's property. But now, you'd also get a harsher fine because of the anti-hate-crime laws. This is a GOOD thing, and the only people who could possibly oppose it are racist...or people who support racism.

Nope. If existing laws are interpreted as written, there is no need for an extra special penalty. NO ONE should burn a cross on ANYONE'S PROPERTY. That the accused is racist is a non-sequitur; personal property and respect for such should be and is the law. Imposing a harsher penalty simply because of racisim or such violates cruel and unusual punishment ideals.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

source

As an Atheist - - science is primo!

You didn't like my little joke?

Why against the science used in polling then?

Sounds more like you just aren't liking the poll results (lately?).

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Too bad Obama is more like Jimmy Carter (the 20th Century's greatest monster).

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The anti-hate-crime laws aren't only applicable for murder. Let's say you are a racist, and you dress up as a KKK and burn a cross on someone's yard. Before, you would have been in trouble for civil unrest and tress passing if you planeted the burning cross on the guy's property. But now, you'd also get a harsher fine because of the anti-hate-crime laws.

They are usually used for murder cases; at least, those are the ones I always see the term "hate crime" used for.

And he's right. Why do we need more laws? Especially when it seems like they are only used when a white person kills a black/Asian/gay/whatever.

Hmmmm...don't see anyone busted for a hate crime here:

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a GOOD thing, and the only people who could possibly oppose it are racist...or people who support racism.

Bullcrap.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by jerico65]

[edit on 1-9-2010 by jerico65]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You didn't like my little joke?

Why against the science used in polling then?

Sounds more like you just aren't liking the poll results (lately?).

Ok - it was a little bit funny.

I've followed Black Box since 2000. I'm on their mailing list.

It has nothing to do with the results of the poll.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Popular vote doesn't count in a presidential election. Sooooo why does this even matter?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well let's see. Obama has basically just continued the policies of GW Bush. Bailouts? Bush started them. Wars? Obama has continued them. Lying to the American people and screwing up disasters?? Both of them. Republicans in prominent positions in war and finance? Obama let them stay or appointed new ones.

Only one difference between the two and that is the health care issue, which wasn't even Obama's health care package, it was Clinton's.

So basically Obama has done what the Bush's and Clinton's told him to. Go get caught up in the R/D dichotomy because it's the same coin. And it's a penny. And a penny ain't worth....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
So basically Obama has done what the Bush's and Clinton's told him to.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. So much for him having an original idea.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I live in Ohio. I did not vote for Obama. However, I know many people who did and of those, a large percentage jumped the center line to give him a chance based on how brilliantly his campaign was run. Obama was marketed to the nation as the man with a plan.

Ohio has been hit very hard in these economic times and I think Obama's former supporters are now suffering from buyers remorse. The stimulus has had very little impact in Ohio. Manufacturing is nose diving and the Presidential disconnect with the majority of the nation is now glaringly obvious.

Blah Blah Blah....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join