It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage taken at Discovery Channel HQ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by johnny c

Yeah this is a terrible day for Discovery.

Actually, it's a great day for Discovery. They just got some new fodder for a

Discovery Channel Special

IRM

link   
IMO, some of his assertions are correct. We are screwing up this planet beyond recognition.
There are too many of us on this planet to be able to manage. Resources only go so far. However you look at it this is a fact.
People are permitted to procreate with abandon while knowing they are not able to support that child. In the animal kingdom, if you cannot provide for your offspring the offspring dies. Therefore it is self-regulating. In Human society we have a different attitude which means we are inevitably going to become overcrowded and resources impossibly stretched.
The way our society currently works only makes the use of valuable resources even worse.

His basic motivations and ideas seem sound, it's just the way he expresses them that is clearly a problem. He does seem to be a radical environmental extremist.

It's a shame he didn't stick to discussing his ideas with others and encouraging debate rather than become a terrorist. Maybe his attitude could have been altered if he had a good community to share his ideas with.

Some of what he's written is quite scary. It suggests he's considerably unbalanced. That would tell me he's quite reclusive and doesn't share his opinions much or those he has shared with haven't understood him.

link   
News reported about 100 children were evacuated.

I hope they take this guy down before he kills someone else.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
By reading this guys demands, he sounds like a lot of the ATS members, is he one?

either that or a Christian fundamentalist pro-lifer

[edit on 1-9-2010 by kingofmd]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
From the looks of his "forum" he's only got about 3 followers. Evey other post is spam and nonsense.

savetheplanetprotest.yuku.com...

I do like his 'make it rain" video from the first protest that got him arrested though:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

your right!,he is going to meet a bullet from a snipper rifle very soon! and i say it will hurt

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If this had happened 10 days later....

HE WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks ThisGuyrightHere for the information

good stuff!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sitting... waiting... for the boom...

Not being funny, actually expecting it and having september 11th anxiety all over again.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
By reading this guys demands, he sounds like a lot of the ATS members, is he one?

Even worse! He's an insane environmentalist. This is so terrible. I hope no one get's made fun as a result. This is so bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
From his list of demands:

Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.

Yes, he said froggies.... and of course, the squirrels!

Of course the squirrels! I am sure they are attracted to him. They do like NUTS, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is a backup link to his "Demands". It is a cached copy of his now down demands website.

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:wRb2N5UYIwAJ:www.savetheplanetprotest.com/+savetheplanetprotest.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&clie nt=firefox-a

He doesn't want anything too large, just and end to humans reproducing is all. Nothing major. No biggie. Just stop having babies humans. That is all.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hey buddy ,whats up with in ten days?
there will be a boom

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

I guess you really didn't read his demands:

2. All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it.

Because that demand doesn't really sound like a 'Pro-lifer', does it?

[edit on 1-9-2010 by butcherguy]

[edit on 1-9-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

thanks for the reply,i know where would you get it?? nobody have a kid or ill bomb the place!!!
someone shoot this muppet

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c

Hey buddy ,whats up with in ten days?
there will be a boom

September 11th is in 10 days.

(Just in case anyone has forgotten)

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok, so an asian muslim environmentalist takes over the discovery channel building???

Makes no sense.

I doubt we'll get the whole truth from the government/authorities when it's all over, either.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

One word: He's insane. Not that he's the only person with problems. I hate how easy it is for people like him to get guns.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Oh yeah buddy! sorry about that! i should of used that lump off matter in my head before typing
thanks

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Ok, so an asian muslim environmentalist takes over the discovery channel building???

Makes no sense.

I doubt we'll get the whole truth from the government/authorities when it's all over, either.

Where did it say he was a Muslim? I thought he was a an environmentalist.
second line.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join