It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage taken at Discovery Channel HQ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

It claims on his myspace that he's Atheist. But who know, he could be lying. We'll see what happens.

Edit: Or what spin the news puts on it.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Slash]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I know any weapon they want,they get!! not much you can do about that mate,i just blame him,not the gun but i agree totally with you

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yeah, no doubt about the insane part.

Too bad no one ever read his manifestos before. If someone had, or maybe The Discovery Channel had reported his 2 year crusade against them....

Maybe he could have been on a 'No guns' (or knives, clubs or stones) list.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

You could not be more off, nice try to bash the Christians though.

The guy hates kids, does not want them. I am surprised he let the day care kids out of the building, he must not have been near that area.

He is also an atheist.

You can read more about him here though.

www.myspace.com...

That is his myspace.

He is some deranged eco-nut job. His ideas might not have been bad but after his actions I personally am no longer interested in hearing his view of things. This man is a sack of garbage that needs some serious mental help.

Raist

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

One thing is that I believe people who are responsible with guns should be able to have them. There are way to many gangs or mentally unstable people with weapons. There's not a day goes by that someone has got shot at in my city over night.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

huh??

Thought I read another poster saying he's a muslim.

Why is the screen shifting left to right so wide like that??? It's so hard to read.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Anyone else see that guy's name and go hmmmm

James Lee?

It's like if i took a bunch of high profile killers name and put them in the RU Paul Drag-u-lator, that name would pop out.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
His demands read as a "loony"...almost as if someone intended those demands to sound loony.

He wants to be taken serious, so he calls "frogs" froggies in his demands.

Yeah...and calls little babies filth.

Yeah...sounds like he is trying to be taken serious.

Hey look! The stock market is doing remarkably well today!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

huh??

Thought I read another poster saying he's a muslim.

Why is the screen shifting left to right so wide like that??? It's so hard to read.

On his myspace profile he said he was an Atheist. Now Atheist are going to have a bad wrap because of this guy. Guurrrr!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It seems to me that this man is obviously mentally ill. Bi-polar perhaps. This would not be unusual for a manic episode. Megalomania, feelings that only you can save the world. When someone is having a manic episode it might, but not always, cause them to believe and do things they might not otherwise. I wonder if he has any family to consult to help the negotiators. Anyways, I hope no one gets hurt.

On a side note, I did not know the Discovery channel building has a giant shark coming out of it. Interesting....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
why is it that when fall comes and the days shorten , people go mental as in shock to the fact that the sun is not shining,

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Note to self: Do not name child James, Earl, Ray, or Lee.

Why didn't he go shoot up Monsanto.
I don't like the smell of this whole thing.

Either he is crazy, or some sort of patsy.

I hope if I ever go off the deep end over an issue I keep my wits about me.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That writing - on his website - it is organized.

That's not disorganized thinking producing that.

We might not like the thoughts expressed, but the expression itself is logical and clear.

Guys not completely bonkers.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Hmmmm.

Going to have to disagree with you on this one.

I believe that he is completely bonkers.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

i went that is a made up name when i heard it but he has a my space page and all,i know that means nothing at all but the kid has being protesting for years
thanks for the reply buddy

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree with you,that makes it worse. He seems to be sane in my opinion
,well as sane as you can be wanting to hurt babies and think you can change anything like this!
thanks for the reply

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If he wants eugenics, and to lower the population, maybe he should kill himself? I'm sure he will anyway.

What a sick freak. There was a kid like this in one of my classes, he talked about how horrible humans are, I threw up in my mouth a little bit. These idiots think they are actually thinking independently, but they are just spreading propaganda.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can see it now:

"Protestors get violet; stronger police force needed."

I just can't see some guy storming a building with an "explosive" because of the programming choices.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I can see it now:

"Protestors get violet; stronger police force needed."

I just can't see some guy storming a building with an "explosive" because of the programming choices.
Read up, the links are on page one of this thread.

He has been doing the protest against the Discovery Channel for over two years.

He is a whack-job!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I will just do everyone the favor of posting his "Demands" list. I cannot get the links to it to work so I will just post them all. If the mods are not comfortable or if he is sniped before I finish than please feel free to remove them.

"The Discovery Channel MUST broadcast to the world their commitment to save the planet and to do the following IMMEDIATELY:

1. The Discovery Channel and it's affiliate channels MUST have daily television programs at prime time slots based on Daniel Quinn's "My Ishmael" pages 207-212 where solutions to save the planet would be done in the same way as the Industrial Revolution was done, by people building on each other's inventive ideas. Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution. A game show format contest would be in order. Perhaps also forums of leading scientists who understand and agree with the Malthus-Darwin science and the problem of human overpopulation. Do both. Do all until something WORKS and the natural world starts improving and human civilization building STOPS and is reversed! MAKE IT INTERESTING SO PEOPLE WATCH AND APPLY SOLUTIONS!!!!

2. All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it.

3. All programs promoting War and the technology behind those must cease. There is no sense in advertising weapons of mass-destruction anymore. Instead, talk about ways to disassemble civilization and concentrate the message in finding SOLUTIONS to solving global military mechanized conflict. Again, solutions solutions instead of just repeating the same old wars with newer weapons. Also, keep out the fraudulent peace movements. They are liars and fakes and had no real intention of ending the wars. ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE! On one hand, they claim they want the wars to end, on the other, they are demanding the human population increase. World War II had 2 Billion humans and after that war, the people decided that tripling the population would assure peace. WTF??? STUPIDITY! MORE HUMANS EQUALS MORE WAR!"

CONT.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join