It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without A Revolution, Americans Are History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
buchanan.org...

Full article

The United States is running out of time to get its budget and trade deficits under control. Despite the urgency of the situation, 2010 has been wasted in hype about a non-existent recovery. As recently as August 2 Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner penned a New York Times Column, Welcome to the Recovery.

As John Williams (shadowstats.com) has made clear on many occasions, an appearance of recovery was created by over-counting employment and undercounting inflation. Warnings by Williams, Gerald Celente, and myself have gone unheeded, but our warnings recently had echoes from Boston University professor Laurence Kotlikoff and from David Stockman, who excoriated the Republican Party for becoming big-spending Democrats.

It is encouraging to see a bit of realization that, this time, Washington cannot spend the economy out of recession. The deficits are already too large for the dollar to survive as reserve currency, and deficit spending cannot put Americans back to work in jobs that have been moved offshore.

I really like Pat Buchanan and the Paleoconservatives such as him and also Ron Paul. He has really stated what is happening in this country and he is correct, we need some kind of revolution.

I think more like a revolution in political thought, like returning to Tariff for our taxation and bringing back American culture before it was hijacked by the elite causing moral decay in America.

This was a great article which highlights our problems and even offers some great solutions!

EDIT - Correction: It was not written by Pat Buchanan. It was used on his website which is operated by his followers.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When I saw the way elected public servants were talking to thier constituent at those "town meetings".....it was clear to see how much water had gone under the bridge.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The problem with revolutions (as opposed to wars of secession like the American Revolution) is they nearly universally result in mass murdering dictatorships. In fact I can't think of one that hasn't, though I'm sure there have to be some.

Of course, such political systems are always volatile and short-lived, and what comes out on the other end may in fact be much better than what we have now. So perhaps it is the way to go?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The article wasn't written by Pat Buchanan.It was written by Paul Craig Roberts. He was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration. He also was one of the economists who helped design and implement Reaganomics, which is a HUGE reason our economy is in the situation it's in today. It seems that he has had a "come to Jesus"moment, but don't ever forget that the author of this article bears a large amount of the blame for today's economic woes in this country.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I am not advocating any form of overthrowing our government, but rather a massive wake up call to Wall Street and Washington, finally letting them know we are finished. We are done playing their game, times up, your era of destroying our culture, our economy and our families is over.

You will be placed in the court of public judgment, when we serve you your sentencing then you will either take it and leave or we will force you out!

We can't play around with these people, they know they have won. They took over the Tea Party Movement and they still haven't realized that. The elite know that any form of rebellion we express they will simply push it back down through corruption. This is our time, we are entering another double dip recession, government isn't listening, Wall Street keeps stealing and sending our jobs overseas, this is our time to rise up and reclaim our country.

This will not happen through violence, but rather through demonstrations followed by voting.

I am voting Constitution Party in November, they are our own choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The revolution has already begun.

The GOVERNMENT is the people. The people have awoken.

I will no longer consent to a tyrannical government.

The giant has spoken.

Just a snippet from one of the two founding documents-

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

I no longer consent to be governed by these asshats.

They were to supply a secure currency for us to use, they have destroyed that and have stolen our future for their abusive agenda. I am not liable for their DEBT. Period.

They can take their debt and their idiocy and jump off the Hoover Dam for all I care.

If anyone believes that the economy has recovered, lives in Fantasy Land.

Better wake up to reality and head down that rabbit hole pretty quick. The bottom is coming pretty darn fast.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Pfft, I'm not fighting in any revolution.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Nor would you be expected to.

Most people fail to understand that every significant movement in history has been led by one or just a few individuals with a small minority of energetic supporters. The "Masses" aren't required.

It is not necessary to bring a majority into a comprehension of the freedom philosophy. It never was necessary. If it were, the cause of liberty would be utterly hopeless. If none were to have Liberty but those who understand what it is, there would never have been many free Men in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Great video and an even greater outlook.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Favorited and sent to my friends.

You know how the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. That video is a billion words.

Now, the only one I do not like is the CO2 warning over the river. The global warming scam is a method to implement global government.

CO2 is not a pollutant. Pollution is a pollutant. By controlling CO2, they are just attempting to subvert the problem.

Anyway, great video never the less.

3% is all it takes. What was the last government approval rating? 20%?

new topics

top topics

join