It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something stinks down in the gulf, and it isn't the oil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Did find this now :

Patent
Recent bibliographic sampling of patent applications for Robert Naman listed/published in the public domain by the USPTO (USPTO Patent Application #,Title):

20040195927 - Electric motor

I do not now if this IS the same Bob, but I thought I'd post..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I just hope his lack of trust for BP hasn't made him cross to the dark side, so to speak.

WHAT!?!?? What does THAT mean??? Does it GET any darker than BP and TPTB??

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I can look at this thread and take several lines of thought away with me.

One is we have a nice OP that asks, is something fishy in the gulf?

It names a scientist, and his lab, and his work.

And possible invocations of fear and cashing in on fear.

Next thing we know, we have Bob's close family friend here, defending the man, and eventually, admitting he FEARS for Bob's Safety!!

As to the topic I can believe people would totally try to cash in on this, BP is spewing money everywhere right now.

In my opinion you may be onto something because of the swiftness of the response of the close family friend.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Have a good look at the 911 forum some time.

There are many "truthers" getting about who are willing to lie and deceive to further what ever agenda they have.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, lying to get to the truth is not the way to do things and I fear Naman may be heading down that path.

I could be wrong, in fact I want to be wrong, this is why this thread exists, to find the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Maybe I am one of the most naive people in the world. I want to believe the best of everyone. I think you and hotbakedtater are 2 of the nicest people here. And both of you are now suspicious of the chemist.

How will we ever know who is telling the truth? Even here on this forum, we are all just words on a screen. My gut feeling was the guy who spoke up for the chemist, they way he phrased his words... not I know this guy, but I know this FAMILY, very much had a ring of truth for me. But we will never REALLY know, will we? In that light it kinda makes me feel like talking to ANYONE online that I don't have a real-life personal relationship with is pretty pointless.

And just yesterday I thought the internet rocked.

I really hope you are able to come to some sort of conclusion here.

But will you ever REALLY know?

I'm very sad now.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

"But we will never REALLY know, will we? In that light it kinda makes me feel like talking to ANYONE online that I don't have a real-life personal relationship with is pretty pointless."

I have really reframed from posting a comment on this thread. It is “pointless” unless you do something.

And ThatDGigil you are doing something. Thank you for contacting testtherain.com...

Sitting behind the monitor (as most do here on ATS) speculating what is the truth does nothing.

You want to know the truth?

Then do something!

Call the chemist and do an interveiw.....Go to his lab....Call the news station.....

No, this lab is not one of the labs being used in our project nor does it have the equipment to perform the test needed.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well lets get some things correct.

First it was a closed separatory funnel which broke not a beaker. If anyone read the data you would know it broke after a non-polar solvent was added to extract hydrocarbons from solution.
What was witnessed is the dissolved methane coming out of solution when the non-polar solvent extracted it from the water/dispersant blend. Outgassing in a sealed common separatory funnel will cause pressure and breakage.
Just another example of the trained sheep looking with suspicion at it's herd and ignoring the wolf at the edge of the clearing.
I have seen too many posts questioning the veracity of the people living through this as the Gov and BP are repeatedly caught lying. I guess it is easier to doubt the PEOPLE dealing with this than to doubt the government and BP.
I have followed this since day one and read hundreds of pages of posts and what has struck me over the magnitude of this disaster, is the disinfo and misplaced doubt being displayed by some members.
There are too many examples fof "bought thought" and regurgitated litanies of "drop in the bucket", No proof of toxicity, No proof of anything but sunny flowers and white sand beaches courtesy of the BP night crews.
The thing that gets me is these same 'debunkers' will be nowhere to be found whn the stories change from exposure to cancers.
The way LEOs on here get scarce when a post of a cop being a fascist thug is put up. Ya get a little 'we don't have all the facts' and " we can't second guess the officer' right up till it becomes a slam dunk case of brutality then they get thin quick.
So maybe I am wrong too but it seems that questioning the integrity of one of the only independent labs testing is misplaced and makes me wonder why one would put their energy into smearing an independent lab when there are much more questionable results being created by the contracted labs BP owns?
In fact I truly question who is on who's payroll as this sort of misdirection grows,That any one casts a negative eye on the people affected by this mess has a profound lack of empathy and severely misplaced distrust.
I for one believe the people trying save their ass over the company trying to cover it's ass.
N.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OK people listen up. There is nothing to see here. Please use this time to think of way's to help the myriad of people in the coastal region who have lost there jobs and are really, really suffering.
Bob Naman is one of the good guy's OK please listen to me.There are so many way's that I know the Namans that I couldn't even began to list them. Having said that, you would have to understand Mobile, pronounced MoBill.
Mobile is either the first or the second oldest continuous city in the US depending on who you ask.
Namans grew up in the same neighborhood as everybody I know in Mobile and were my husbands family grew up. They attended the same schools.
They are in the same Mardi Gras Krews.
The family includes, lawyers, judges, doctors, priest. and Indian chiefs and chefs and restaurants owners and every occupation you can think of that is of service to the community.
You are chasing ghost here.
Leave it alone Bobby is a good person down to his heart and soul no one in the family would ever do anything to embarrass the community they helped build. You can digg until hell freezes over and not find a thing. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.
I hope this settles this matter once and for all.
Maybe you should go to Mobile and ask people about the family. Just make sure they are Old Mobilians. By that I mean families that have been hear for generations.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I just talked to Bobby on the phone. I called him to ask him if and when he gets time to put up a page about himself and family so ya'll will have no questions about his integrity.
He loves his home, unless you are from this region or have lived here for over half your life you have no idea what it means to love a place.
This is a magical place that is why we fight for it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

I, for one, believe you. I, for one, am totally willing to put my a$$ on the line for you. Thank you for posting.

My heart is totally in this because I'm on the west coast of FL. And I have people in Lafayette and Lake Charles.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 1-9-2010 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thank you so much I don't usually defend people so much but he is one person that has put his life on the line to protect the land he loves and the family and friends he loves.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not qualified to speak on lab work or staff, but I do know a little about Black Water. It was a hired military that did a lot of work for Haliburton. They got in trouble in Iraq & were ordered out of the country. They have reorganized as gS4 & another name I don't recall at the moment. The basic fact is it continues as a privately hired military. One of their primary customers is still Haliburton.

They were on the ground in New Orleans long before FEMA got there. There are photos of operatives, even thought it is strongly discouraged & are ususally taken from some distance away. Many of the operatives complained about the work in post Katrina because it didn't pay as well as duty in Iraq. This did call attention to them, something else they try to avoid.

A major factor in all this mess is Haliburton. It keeps turning up...& not in a good way.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

The Other name is Xe....I think?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

Seems like "starring" you is pathetic, but that's all I have on this forum.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Have read 3 articles in the last week (louisiana and mississippe folks),
saying their boats are sitting empty and still, but BP has hired
foreign boats that are spraying stuff into the water.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes, XE it is. Wonder what that means in Mandarin (chinese)??

Or is it an acronym for something in English?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It's just the real quick leap to corexit that has me concerned, particularly in the most recent pool test results, which differ from the Orange Beach test results.

I would have expected the results to be very similar.

And going by what cloudsinthesky says, he hasn't the means to properly identify corexit anyway, so why is he saying he has identified it?

His heart may be in the right place but he's hindering any proper investigation by falsely identifying corexit and adding to the fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I din't see the Orange Beach test results. Could you post those please?

I'm going to add this..it doesn't exactly address the topic but I do believe it's pertinent.

I was discussing my original thread with a friend today. She asked me how things were here, in my area (SW FL). I told her her my fruit trees didn't bear fruit this year. I just walked out there to check my observations. Nothing. Looking at 2 trees, one which bears nasty looking oranges perpetually. No fruit. At all. The other bears 'Bonanza Lemons'...not a single fruit on either tree.

I'm sure someone will find a perfectly logical explanation for that which has nothing to do with COREXIT or the happenings in the Gulf.

Get on it folks! I can't wait to hear it.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

PS

Cloudsinthesky said No, this lab is not one of the labs being used in our project nor does it have the equipment to perform the test needed.

They were referring to the lab you are questioning in THIS thread, not theirs. At least that's the way I read it.

edit for dyslexia

[edit on 1-9-2010 by ThatDGgirl]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join