It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something stinks down in the gulf, and it isn't the oil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thanks Clouds. It's been reposted on my thread too.

Chadwickus, perhaps, in the future, instead of saying things like

"He wasn't sure" maybe we could all go for a little more clarity and say
"He (Bob) wasn't sure"

Jussta thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

I clarified what I was talking about as soon as you asked me, I've clarified what I meant three times now, I would have thought that the flow of the conversation in the thread would have made it obvious as to who I was talking about, if not that, then the first time I clarified should have.
Right? I mean really, why would I agree with what cloudsinthesky said, then go on to say exactly the opposite?

Do you really think I'm that stupid?

So I aint apologising for it again, if people can't read and comprehend the thread, it's not my fault!

At the end of the day, if you want to champion morons who show no clear thought or impartiality and idiots who carry on like pretentious liars, go right ahead!

[edit on 2/9/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Chadwickus

Still waiting for the phone call Chad........

This is precious, how am I supposed to call you when you haven't u2ued me your phone number like you threatened?

Keep playing your games though, all it's doing is showing everyone your true colours.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I will u2u again as well

original u2u:

Cloudsinthesky
sent: 2-9-2010 at 01:31 PM
Alright Chad here is your chance. 318-426-****
I do get a lot of calls on this number do to the project.....So if you want to u2u me back and give me the area code your calling from then I will make sure I take your call........

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

"Keep playing your games though, all it's doing is showing everyone your true colours."

Too many people on this site know I DONT PLAY GAMES!!

You have my number ......I am sitting in my office waiting........

**UPDATE** 20 minutes later........Chad has still yet to call........

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i heard there is new explosion in the gulf. is that correct?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silkysilicone

Yes......there is a thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

debunked numerous times, sweetie.

Has it?

Has the loop re-formed yet?

Can you give me a link showing this?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52

debunked numerous times, sweetie.

Has it?

Has the loop re-formed yet?

Can you give me a link showing this?

Someone needs to pull the data from 2007, 2008, 2009 and show us where the loop quit, and where it reformed. All that I have ever seen is from Phage, and it shows where a similar disruption occurred in 2008, but it doesn't show when the currents re-form. I would be very interested to see how this year compares to previous years.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Never got the first one.

Got the second one.

You'll be waiting a while though, coz I'm not calling you.

After the way you've acted in here, you're not worth the time I'm sorry to say.

I mean, you're doing a great thing and all but your attitude really stinks!

And the fact that you still think I was having a go at what you are doing, despite my insistance otherwise speaks volumes to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

At the end of the day, if you want to champion morons who show no clear thought or impartiality and idiots who carry on like pretentious liars, go right ahead!

WHOA! What's up with the name-calling! Yikes!! Even tho in your very first sentence in your very first post on MY thread you used the F WORD, FEARMONGERING, I didn't get nasty with you. Even tho in your OP on this thread, you stated what you were looking for

So, the point of this thread is to see if any locals to the Gulf can help glean more information on this and perhaps expose a pseudo-chemist getting about cashing in on peoples fears.

I was not rude, I was trying be be a team player and be supportive.
Then deadshrimpblues showed up, and spoke up for Naman, stated he'd known not just the man himself, but THE FAMILY, you replied with suspicion.
Chembreather shows up with more info, Hotbakertater is now suspicious, and then I posted this

How will we ever know who is telling the truth? Even here on this forum, we are all just words on a screen. My gut feeling was the guy who spoke up for the chemist, they way he phrased his words... not I know this guy, but I know this FAMILY, very much had a ring of truth for me. But we will never REALLY know, will we? .....

Then we see the first post by Clouds. He states this (and at this point we are only talking about 1 lab.)

No, this lab is not one of the labs being used in our project nor does it have the equipment to perform the test needed.

Then N.ofNorml posts this

I have seen too many posts questioning the veracity of the people living through this as the Gov and BP are repeatedly caught lying. I guess it is easier to doubt the PEOPLE dealing with this than to doubt the government and BP.

And HERE IS WHERE THE CONFUSION STARTS: You said

And going by what cloudsinthesky says, he hasn't the means to properly identify corexit anyway, so why is he saying he has identified it?

This looks like you are referring to CLOUDS, not NAMAN.

Obviously getreadyalready reads it the same way, as did I.

Clouds is very pi$$ed off in his next post. BUT, he did NOT insult you or call you names, he called you OUT!

Your next post to Clouds

I think you need to re-read what I said. I wasn't having a go at your labs, or you. I was asking the question as to why Noman would bother to test for corexit if he doesn't have the means to properly identify the markers.

And it has gone totally downhill from there. Did ya ever think maybe, just maybe Clouds missed a post?

And now you have the opportunity to fix it, once and for all, but no.

Got the second one. You'll be waiting a while though, coz I'm not calling you. After the way you've acted in here, you're not worth the time I'm sorry to say.

AND I'M the one who is championing a moron?????

I think I just figured out where the stink is coming from.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I just stopped on ATS to see what the guys over on the live feed thread were seeing after the new rig exploded. They are doing great work monitoring the feeds......Since I never received a phone call from Chad, I had to see what he was posting…………

I gave you my phone number and you refuse to call?

I rest my case on this issue.......I have posted way too many times on this ridiculous thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The title should of been, "Something is strangely fishy in the gulf"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've stopped in to add some data about Robert Naman. This is pretty old, from 1999.
Like most folks, I found the Google pickings slim for RM and/or ACT.
I thought this article was more interesting than anything else I came across.

Please forgive the long quote.
I believe all the information is immediately relevant.

The source is Enviro-Net; of which I know nothing about.
www.enviro-net.com...

In one of the largest penalties ever levied in Alabama against an environmental consulting firm, the state Department of Environmental Management ordered a Mobile laboratory to pay $45,500 to settle a claim the lab mishandled contaminated groundwater.

This is the second time in two years that the firm, Analytical Chemical Testing Laboratory Inc., has been fined after being accused of hazardous waste violations. In January 1998, ADEM fined the company $35,000 after regulators determined workers had mishandled contaminated soil from a former Prim Dry Cleaning and Laundry site.

This time, ADEM contends that ACT improperly disposed of hazardous waste from monitoring wells at the Saraland Shopping Center, according to a consent order issued by the agency and signed by the laboratory's president. Agency officials said they found discrepancies while reviewing documents pertaining to work performed by ACT at the shopping center in late 1997 and 1998.

Regulators contend that 100 to 200 gallons of groundwater, which was contaminated with the toxic solvent perchloroethylene, was discharged back into monitoring wells by ACT Labs personnel when it should have been disposed of off site as hazardous waste.

The company insists it did nothing wrong and is being unfairly punished by state regulators who misinterpreted documents and conversations with lab personnel, according to the firm's president, Robert Naman.

I didn't see this particular info anywhere else in the thread.

My stake in this is that I live relatively near Homosassa FL; the site of the swimming pool that is alleged to be contaminated with Corexit. I'm trying to figure out if the story is accurate; or the result of delusion, incompetence or fraud.

NV

PS: These forum controls are really odd...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NoahVail

The Homsasssa pool water was not tested by the Mobile lab. Unless I am confused, I think there are two separate discussions going on. The one discussion centers around the Mobile lab and the exploding separatory funnel supposedly from dissolved Methane in the Mobile Bay waters.

The original OP, or OOP, is from a family that all developed rashes supposedly from their swimming pool water in Homosassa. That water was independently tested and verified to contain markers for dispersants, but there is a question of fraud or sabotage.

This is the issue with anything the private citizens and residents try to do. No matter how thorough we are, there is always a suspicion of doubt and/or motivation. Whereas, the government sponsored tests are taken as factual and infallible. We all know the government and the corporationd can and often do lie, or at the very least they withhold information, yet we continue to elevate their word as authoritative. I don't know how to solve that issue.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The original story claims that the water was indeed tested by Robert Naman's Mobile lab.

Orig article here:
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... f-tampa-lab-report-included

I've come to agree that the bizarro levels, in this story, are a little high. So I'm poking around the Net, to see if I should be running in panic circles or not.

One person brought up that the pool filter is the last place to get an accurate reading; as contaminants tend to gather there.

Another issue is that I haven't a clue how to validate the use of markers. Chemistry is too far out of my area.

I figure if I can legitimize the claim some, I'll try to get local media involved and let them drudge up the experts.

That's the idea, anyway.

NV

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoahVail

Comprehensive List of Products containing this chemical

In my opinion (my degree is also chemistry, and I live on Gulf, and I have a pool), in my opinion, the source of the chemical was the man that just mowed the lawn and jumped in the pool!

The chemical is found in a million glass cleaners, degreasers, handi-wipes, starting fluids, paints, carbeurator cleaners, etc., etc. He just mowed the lawn, then he jumped in the pool. He surely carried oils and cleaners on his body. They also said that the rashes occurred immediately after mowing the lawn. This is fairly common in Florida. It has been rainy, there are a variety of weeds, pollens, and tiny bugs that he may not have noticed.

I still think everyone should send samples to www.testtherain.com... because that is the only way to get some control samples, and some validity to the tests, and find anomalies here and there.

I also think it is a little suspect that this couple would have sent their sample to the same guy that had the bad experience testing Mobile Bay water. Maybe a case of finding what you expect to find, rather than looking objectively at the sample. No offense to the Chemist, he may be a wonderful man, and he may be objective, but 50 ppm is a pretty low concentration, and we have so many sources of contamination around a pool.

They could have used a cleaner along the water line, or in the skimmer. They could have used a cleaner on the deck and then rain washed it into the pool. He could have used a handiwipe on his hands before getting into the pool. He could have used carbeurator cleaner or starting fluid on the mower. He could have waxed the car that day. He could have used car cleaner in the same bucket that he uses to disperse pool cleaners.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Chad, you have run into one of the BP Oil Bullies. They have a clique and they attack anyone who doesnt blindly agree with their interpretation of events. They dont debate information, they attack the person.

have fun!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Why do you rest your case?

Sorry but I wasn't going to waste money on an international call at 1am in the morning just so you can tell me something I didn't already know.

I am also not going to waste my money on an international call on someone who can't get it in their head that I wasn't attacking them, everyone else seems to have got it, I could have gone back and edited the post but my next post clarified it anyway, BEFORE you "called me out" so there was no back pedaling on my part, there's no diversion, just you failing to read the thread properly.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I guess the BP clique as you call it do not want to debate the evidence,am I right? You are a piece of work to even make a comment like that. You should remove your head from your a## and join us in the real world. As for you saying that the BP bullies attack people who are not in agreement with them.

Also from what you are saying in an earlier post that I have not shown any evidence backing up what is said about Mr. Naman well your right I haven't and you know why, because I don't need to show my point as it s already been shown on ATS, The Florida Oil Spill Law, Alexander Higgins.
So now what more do you want? You are the one that needs to show the evidence to contradict what has already been shown. The burden falls on you to show that this man is a joke and cannot be taken for his professional lab work. You do know the difference between talking about the evidence you say and just talking about the evidence.

And finally you are the one that likes to say I must be a BP schill, because I have not seen anyone in this thread call you one except yourself. I have no problem debating the evidence as I am sure there are others that feel the same way but until you show the evidence you have there is no reason to try and debate your evidence since it has not been shown yet. When you post the evidence you have then you will be getting a debate on the evidence. So if this is what you call someone attacking you because you disagree with something that has been shown or discussed is really rediculous. I have no problem debating anyone as you can see in other posts that I have put up. I enjoy a good debate, but just be prepared when you want to get it on. So I will be waiting. Sorry for the long post I just had a few things to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join