It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something stinks down in the gulf, and it isn't the oil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'll say right from the bat that this thread probably won't please many but I think what I think I've found needs to be discussed and investigated more, there is only so much I can do on the other side of the world...

I will also say that the BP leak is a massive deal and that the effects will be felt for a long time, but having said that, there seems to a fear campaign being carried out.

This fear campaign I believe started back when water samples taken from Dauphin Island apparently exploded which was reported by News5, Mobile.

News5 enlisted the help of an analytical chemist named Bob (Robert) Naman, who has 30 years experience in the field.

The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on Bob.

It's been established that he owns and runs ACT Laboratory Inc. in mobile Alabama.

And that's it.

Now that's fine, it could just be that his 30 years experience isn't to be found online.

So I dug a little deeper to see what else Naman is up to, it seems he's been doing some detective work at Dauphin Island and at Bayou La Batre, Alabama.

Naman further said he saw mercenaries dressed in all black fatigues, using gps coordinates, applying Corexit 9527 at Dauphin Island and at Bayou La Batre, Alabama. The mercenaries were “Blackwater”-type mercenaries, and Naman assumed they must have been hired either by BP or the government. Naman also told me that Corexit 9527 is being sprayed at night, and that it is being applied in such a haphazard manner that undiluted 9527 is running onto beach sand.

Naman sent me the following additional pictures showing Corexit pollution, use and storage (none show the mercenaries dressed in fatigues; apparently, such photos would have been too risky)

Here are some of the pictures he took:

Source found HERE

Now these photos look to be a wash down area, well in fact it is, since there is a vehicle being washed in a bunded area.

I also find it odd that he was able to get all these photos yet couldn't take any of these mercenaries, why didn't the mercs stop him from taking these pictures?

Now, onto Orange Beach where Corexit was found in the water at 13.3 parts per million in Cotton Bayou, Alabama:

Veteran chemist Bob Naman says that Corexit is still being sprayed in the Gulf, and that he found 13.3 parts per million in Cotton Bayou, Alabama.

Source

Here's a screen grab of the test results (I haven't been able to find a copy online yet):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25534dc340fc.png[/atsimg]

Taken from HERE

As we can see, 2-butoxyethanol is present as well as propylene glycol.

What I find off about this is what follows, namely marker for @corexit.

Why is that there? Is this normal practice for a supposed impartial laboratory to speculate as to the source of these chemicals.

I will concede and say that the most likely explanation of this result is Corexit.

But I don't believe an impartial laboratory should be involved in speculation, since both 2-butoxyethanol and propylene glycol are commonly used in numerous products such as cleaning and moisturising products.

This leads me to a recent discovery of 50.3ppm of 2-butoxyethanol found in a pool in Homosassa, Florida.

I'm sure you can already guess who carried out the lab tests and again he adds the marker for @corexit

But this time, there is no sign of propylene glycol, but it is claimed that it is also corexit 9527A, same as Orange Beach.

Source

So what's going on here?

Is Naman really a qualified analytical chemist as he claims?

Is he on some fear mongering campaign?

I'm really not sure actually, but something isn't sitting right with me about this Naman guy.

So, the point of this thread is to see if any locals to the Gulf can help glean more information on this and perhaps expose a pseudo-chemist getting about cashing in on peoples fears.

[edit on 31/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Chad

I agree that something isn't right. Please u2u cloudsinthesky and paxnatus, they are running the testtherain project and seem to have a good bit more knowledge than I. Send that last photo to both of them.

I want to be involved in figuring out what is true and what is not. I'm contacting people in my area so I CAN have hands on experience.

My speculation on why the butoxyethanol is being highlighted is because the people doing the testing were looking for corexit in the first place.

I hope you get good answers. Good luck and BUMP.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Naman further said he saw mercenaries dressed in all black fatigues, using gps coordinates, applying Corexit 9527 at Dauphin Island and at Bayou La Batre, Alabama. The mercenaries were “Blackwater”-type mercenaries, and Naman assumed they must have been hired either by BP or the government. Naman also told me that Corexit 9527 is being sprayed at night, and that it is being applied in such a haphazard manner that undiluted 9527 is running onto beach sand.

Black water. What appropriate words for this event. Maybe the code words "black water" have always been the plan for the real "end game."

Maybe the methane gasses will be the finality of the future for the land dwellers.

Could a methane cloud be the explanation for the underground bunkers for the survival of those who plotted this scenerio?

This is not all "happenstance".

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

ThatDGgirl is correct.

An independent lab could only test for "markers" for Corexit, because they would not have access to the proprietary chemical list that would identify it definitively as Corexit. Those proprietary chemicals are not public knowledge, they are trade secrets.

In addition, Clouds and Pax happen to know what those chemicals are, and many University labs are also aware, due to their contracts with Nalco. The proprietary chemicals are very, very difficult to test for, due to their similarity to other chemicals. It requires "ultra-high resolution mass spectrometry" to determine if those chemicals are present. An independent lab would not be able to perform that test, and any lab that is well-equipped is already contracted with Nalco/BP/Haliburton and they are under strict non-disclosure commitments.

I was told by one lab, "We'd be happy to test it, and we can determine if Corexit is present, the problem is that we can't release the results to you."

Honestly, I don't believe the exploding beaker in the video. That seems like a bad lab practice or a faulty beaker to me. It doesn't make any sense that it could be due to contaminants in the water. Still, there are plausible answers to all the things you are questioning about the chemist.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Maybe Robert is one of the only labs not hushed by BP
jus sayin

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Excellent thread, keep up the good investigative work!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here's a thought.. try to find older phone listings and see if his name has been associated with that lab in years gone by.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You can't find anything on Naman because there is nothing to find.
He's a good guy. He comes from a family that immigrated to the Mobile Alabama area with other Lebanese families in the 1800's. They have all served the community well.
This is one person I do not question.
I've worked with him back in the 70's at a local hospital. He was going to school worked 3-11.
Hope this eases your mind. He is good people.
He has nothing to gain by this, he loves the coast and will do what he can to protect it. He set out to do some test for some local people that doesn't trust BP. He has nothing to hide.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Something not sitting right concerning Naman, maybe it's because he is telling the truth.
Anything you want to know I can provide.
I'm telling you I KNOW the family. Not gonna say how really it would involve people I would just as soon keep off the radar.
Read some history of Mobile Alabama.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

If true, then good.

I just hope his lack of trust for BP hasn't made him cross to the dark side, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
His involvement could be reactionary. I used to work in a water testing lab and if I had something explode during a routine test I might try doing some detective work too.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I named Bobby, the accidental warrior for the gulf. When the beaker blew up he wanted to find out why. He is that kind of person. Even to ind out how he may have made a mistake. Just to have the knowledge drives him.
Because he has never sold out he is not well known. H just does what he does and that is all there is to it.
We worry for his safety.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I agree about that crappy 'news' report that failed every basic scientific protocol imaginable.

I also think that too many on ATS are willing to believe whatever they find if it supports their pre-conceived notions about the spill.

AND, i think it's pitiful that any of us have to qualify our informed skepticism at shoddy 'scientific' work with; "Let me say, I think this spill is a big deal', or some such thing.

The reality is, A LOT of hoaxers are going to try and figure out a way to get money from BP. And this HURTS the REAL cases by comparison. Too bad the ZOMGers are more interested in stars and flags than actually doing anything resembling 'denying ignorance'.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico had effectively died.
europebusines.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico ceased to exist a month ago, the latest satellite data clearly shows that the North Atlantic Current is now GONE and the Gulf Stream begins to break apart approximately 250 miles from the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
europebusines.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kaki667

debunked numerous times, sweetie.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to mention it has nothing to do with the thread topic.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
thank you very mutch sir...justadood

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
A sincere thank you for this post Chadwickus, it's the least any of us can do is to keep the scrutiny turned up on these proceedings in the Gulf.

I suspect the reason for the clandestine corexit dispersal is to keep us blissfully unaware of just how much oil there still is in the Gulf waters.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I found some sites regarding Bob Naman.

I ntelHub
was also told that Bob said he was was worried because BP had just called him and threatened him.

I am not certain the reason or nature of the threats or whether they were financial or physical threats, but given the sudden rash of untimely deaths of those with damaging knowledge about BP I would not take any threats from BP lightly.

Then there is the BP Contractor who was fatally hit by a car, heart attack suffered by a BP executive and Matt Simmons, two BP contractors who apparently committed suicide, and the mysterious plane crash that caused the death of Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens.

I do not have any knowledge of the IntelHub or if these threats are real, but there are some videos here..

Lead Based Paint
ACT Laboratory Inc. in Mobile performed several tests for the Press-Register to determine the possible presence of lead in surface paint and coatings of Mardi Gras beads and within the beads themselves.

The tests on four strands of old and new beads found what was described as "no presence of lead in the coatings." But tests on one strand of whole, dissolved beads showed a lead reading of just over 700 parts per million.

"It's clear that it was in the bead all along," said analytical chemist Robert M. Naman, who owns ACT Laboratory.

I do remember some commotion regarding Lead in Paint, something about China ?
I may remember wrong here...

YellowPages
Hours
Hours not available. Please contact A C T Laboratory Inc at (251) 479-9205.
Neighborhoods
Pleasant Valley
Categories
Testing Laboratories, Analytical Laboratories, Laboratories-Research & Development, Inspection Service
In Business Since
Products/Services
Hydraulic, Gc, Fuel, Engineers, Diesel, Chemists, Btex, Audits, Asbestos Bulk, Air Samples, AA, Ir, Metals-Organics, Mold Testing, Water, Waste, Ust, Tph, Tclp, Storm Water, Soil, Scientists, Remediation, Oil

Extra Phones/Fax
Additional: (251) 478-8181
Brands
Phase 1 Site Assessments

AKA
Analytical Chemical Testing Laboratory Inc

It says here : In business since 1987..

LinkedIn
Bob naman’s Experience
Owner
ACT Laboratory, Inc.
(Environmental Services industry)

Currently holds this position

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob naman’s Education
Spring Hill College
B.S , Chemistry , 1974 — 1978

This is what I found on him.. I cant get his full profile without Signing in..

Looks like he has some Facebook page also, although I didnt check that out..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Nice dectective work Chad. Made for a good read. I'ma gonna start some digging

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join