It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landed on the Moon SIX Times! Why?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Why go six? I can understand maybe a second time just to make sure its just dust and rocks up there, but six times.
And in just a three year span, that is so unbelievable.

And if they did fake the Moon landings wouldn't just one trip suffice to keep from making a mistake and exposing the scam by going multiple times? After all, all we had to do was go once to plant the flag, that would make us the winner.

Why would they make six trips? Why not stop at five? What was so important about that sixth trip?
You could ask that same question about all of them past the first trip.

What got me thinking about this was today; I asked some family and friends how many times we landed on the Moon, not one person knew the correct answer. Most of them answered once or twice and when I told them six they were surprised. It's just not common knowledge how many times....thats weird.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced the US didn't go to the Moon. And one day, the truth will be told.... I wonder what will happen that day? Who could you blame? All those guys (whoever) are kinda old by now I'm sure, if they are even alive.

Apollo 11, 1969, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins
Apollo 12, 1969, Charles (Pete) Conrad, , Alan Bean, Richard Francis Gordon
Apollo 14, 1971, Alan Shepard, Edgar Mitchell, Stuart Roosa
Apollo 15, 1971, David Scott, James Irwin, Alfred Worden
Apollo 16, 1972, John Young, Charles Duke, Thomas Mattingly
Apollo 17, 1972, Eugene Cernan, Harrison Schmitt, Ronald Evans

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I believe the true question here is why ONLY six? Is it possible that within those 3 years that man had learned all there is to know about the moon, therefore not needing any more manned missions? We still don't know what's in our deepest oceans. I say send another manned craft back to the moon, with the type of video equipment we have today, and see what they find.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

I think a better example would be the Sahara desert, not the ocean. The ocean is teaming with life and strange things.
One trip to the moon would be like standing in the desert and picking up a hand full of sand. Done deal.

Whats there? Craters, dust and rocks.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well john leer has some interesting information about the moon i can get behind like actual humans living on the moon and i know for a fact we have been getting ready to mine the moon some companies already have rights to the minerals ON THE MOON crazy right?
so thats a good reason to go a couple times

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I agree. However the ocean is a good example. We use it every day, yet it is still one of the most undiscovered locations on earth.

With the government cutting funding on NASA's moon expeditions, it makes me wonder what we could have discovered if we went back a few more times.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by NeutronAvenger]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Then why is there a recent push to explore mars. Wouldn't they just find red dust, craters and the same??? I agree with the fact that the footage from the moon landings may have been faked, but that's not to say that we haven't been there. I believe that the footage was faked just to beat the russians in the "Space Race", but to say that there is nothing else up there worth looking at is just mind boggling. And yes, the fact that they do own the rights to the minerals does raise some questions.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

I don't know, I guess it just puzzles me they 'claimed' to go 6 times, but haven't been back in over 35 years. It just doesn't make sense.

I guess the question I should have asked is, why fake it six times?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Why go six? I can understand maybe a second time just to make sure its just dust and rocks up there, but six times.

It's one of those deals where once you get the whole production process going, it doesn't make sense just to do it once and then forget about it. You want to try to keep getting your money's worth and keep the government funding ball rolling.

But when Richard Nixon became President and wanted to cut the budget, it didn't take him too long to decide to cut that lunar program of JFK (who he hated like crazy). As it was Apollo 18 was practically ready to go, and it ended up costing a lot of money just to shut the program down, although cheaper than keeping it going.

But, other priorities took over, the public lost interest, the "space race" was over, and away it went. It's day was over. We're just lucky only a few people got killed in the process.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Why six indeed, did they find something that scared the crap out of them.

Or if they never did land just figured if they kept up the charades people would catch on, or already did.

To be honest I don't know because I wasn't around when it happened and have never been to the moon, and seeing as how we can't get there in this age to many questions come to mind.

One thing I do know is that our government is good at hiding things. Weather that be we have gone or are still going I am not sure.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Dear earth2

One might as well ask why we kept going back to America???

It should have been seven anyway but Thirteen had a problem.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I am one of the people who was not aware that they landed six times on the moon. Now that I know, my question is: why only six times?

I am doubtful that the entire moon was explored and that there was no possibility to find anything new or anything else to research. People are still doing trips into space constantly, yet the moon only six times and not for decades? Something can't be right there.

By the by, I am also a believer that the moon landing was faked. So, perhaps TPTB figured six was a good average to make everyone believe they did it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I believe all the Nasa stuff is done just to entertain us on one hand but at the same time bore us out of wanting to explore space. It is a show but one meant to bore us to tears to get the idea out of our head. Meanwhile all the really cool stuff being done in space is hidden from the public because it requires hidden tehcnologies that are deemed too dangerous and would supposedly destroy our financial system because of all the jobs it would destroy.

I believe that the space shuttle is being phased out and their new way of entertaining us is with the Burt Rutan space program.. this will allow us all to go into orbit and get a taste of space or at least make it seem like we are. Very few will even get a chance to do that and I am sure they will make it seem as boring as imaginable too.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Listen for fact we went to the Moon.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other fact is there was a secret space military program. We landed way more times on the moon Apollo 11,12,14,15,16,17,18. I know this for fact but i dont know how many times. The military astronauts landed on the moon and did dual missions at times.

Again i dont know how many Military moon trips but i know for fact it was more then Apollo.

Another fact is the Planetary neutral point of gravity and the Moon gravity is 60% of ours not 1/6. there are places on the moon that have 2 times gravity anomalies. Fact the moon has an atmosphere but i dont think its breathable.

Fact there are 44 anomalies sites or areas of interest on the moon that NASA officially admitted to in 1996. Fact there are some type of made structure on the moon the rumor is there are some old ruins and some newer things like cat walks around cratters and larger metal structurs that were built or placed there.

somehow. For fact samples of metal and buildings and photo and video have been brought back. Nasa in 1996 said they would release a report of their findings but hasnt yet.

Fact JPL and Nasa addmit to color changing the moon more white and mars more red then it is. The United States Space Policy officially is Minieral rights to the moon and mars this is a fact and Nasa and JPL change the color to not to give other countries the ability to do geo assessments by the pictures.

in other words if there is anything valuable we want it and not let anyone else have it. This is fact!!!!

Now i dont know if they airbrush things and i dont know about aliens at all i was never told or briefed or read about aliens on the moon.

I dont know how those things got to be on the moon and some photos are real and videos and some are in the studio during training and give to the public to hide things on the moon.

My Fact sheet only covers a short time these are facts that i have stated not opinions when the unofficial moon landings stoped who knows, how many who knows. I dont know if the military space program sends men into orbit anymore either.

2 more facts there is or was a Secret space station and some smaller habitats in low earth orbit and the space station was high i guess. I dont know how big it was or how long or if it is still there.

Last two facts ill share is the NERVA type program was a 100% success and they did use the Nerva tech i dont know how or if we went to mars or not. The other fact is 100% that the L.E.M. had or has some type of top secret undisclosed propulsion. that makes it dangerous i guess. I am not saying anti gravity that was never told to me or a Small NERVA rocket as well.

This is a fact the LEM is to heavy and the moon gravity to great for the straight decent and accent engines. I heard a rumor of a ballon also filled with a gas that was electrified but i heard they didnt have to use it.

I have never heard of UFO's or told nor aliens nor moon warnings plus my info cuts off at around 1980.

Last two rumors was we flew to Mars and Venus for fly by and maned observation and that another mars mission met up with that one and landed on Mars. I understand no landing on Venus but who knows.

we went to the moon 100%

Chris

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot

Physics in the govt labs is 20-30 years ahead with new theory and new laws no known science is a secret business.

this is 100% fact called secret science.

One rumor is that there are 5 laws of thermodynamics not 4 and one of them is wrong that we know.

Eisenstein von Newman Edward teller work in latter life 100% top secret much secret work is going on in labs i think we would be surprised maybe blown away.

This is 100% Fact!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

Dear airborne82ndscout

All wonderful stuff can I ask you for some proof of your statements.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
From what I understand the first time they actually got to the moon they confirmed what they already knew and that was that we are not alone in the universe. Possibly it was a recon mission to see if they were benevolent or malevolent. I expect that once they obtained the data and took the photographs they then arranged for a meeting to take place on the terms of who was occupying the moon at that time. From what I gather, the next time was about learning about the occupants and why they were actually on the moon, shortly afterwards the occupants left the moon (possibly to come here on earth) then the next few times was to set up the helium 3 mining operations and the 'off world bases' in order to extend their arm to Mars and the stars.

I assume that the occupants left the moon and possibly came to Earth after some form of treaty was signed, allowing the 'occupants' to carry on their work on Earth so that TPTB could start to branch out to the stars. I believe the work that the occupants of the moon were undertaking had alot to do with the abduction of innocent human beings in order to maintain the survival of their race, possibly creating 'hybrids' by crossing our DNA with theirs through forced reproduction.

Sounds completely crazy and ludicrous doesn't it.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I believe the US govenrment has been mining the moon and mars and who knows where else heavily since the 50s.

The question is.. are they bringing these materials back to Earth at all to profit from them? Is there any way to tell if they are?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Why would you need any evidence? He says it's a FACT

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by Roadie

I don't know, I guess it just puzzles me they 'claimed' to go 6 times, but haven't been back in over 35 years. It just doesn't make sense.

Money. NASA could not afford both the shuttle and Apollo.

NASA's budget was H U G E when they designed and built Apollo. Their budget shrank considerably after the first Moon landings, so they cut the Moon program to meet the budget.

By the way, the sixth one was not "one more after the fifth one", as you say. There was actually a planned 7th and 8th mission (crews were already chosen) that were cut out due to the budget constraints caused by the Space Shuttle Program, which was literally "on the drawing boards" at that time.

Like I said, they couldn't afford both Apollo and the Shuttle. so they cut Apollo.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Dude get a grip think for your self your spouting some bs nasa pr stuff.

the Apollo program was not canceled for the shuttle the Military program took over all your doing is spouting the NASA history crap. the Apollo had a few more missions like Apollo 25 and Apollo 30 ( examples ) and then they had a Military missions or the Military Apollo Program that went into the Nerva and space plane.

the shuttle had nothing to do with Apollo either. the shuttle was again the civilian counterpart to a secret space shuttle program, like the joint Apollo and Military space programs.

NASA runs the public shuttle stuff for us. Funny that the shuttle technology has not advance since the 1970's now isnt that strange to anyone?????

the boosters the tank its all the same old old old tech. Why the Military develops and uses every bit of new physics and new technology and NASA isnt allowed to do their job or use these advanced technology and at times they developed it and cant use it. many NASA people are and have been so pissed. Imagine your a Nasa Astronaut and your doing a downlink teaching a 5th grade class on earth for PR and out your window flys the secret shuttle and space planes and a secret space station ect.... what a slap in the face.

I have 3 uncles on with NASA just retired very bitter, very smart and actually has a lot of money, other Uncle worked for Brokkhaven lab he never talked much to me but has said things and spoke of the space program with us and my uncles. this Brook haven Uncle PHD was allays at Grumman's secret works plant on long island and worked with the lem tech. Last uncle was the number 4 man in Polaroid in the 60-80's.

You cant imagine what Polaroid, Kodak, and some Hollywood studies did for the NSA and space program. My uncle was in charge of that whole secret tech for Polaroid.

they developed digital cameras, films, videos, photo film, cameras, lenses, vision devices, night vision. for every probe satellite and Nasa camera.

My Polaroid uncle says they made billions for NSA, NASA, NRO, CIA everyone. Spy satellites space ships everything. New and radical tech that Kodak and Polaroid could never give to the public or profit off of. My uncle says that todays ccd cameras and phones have been around for 30 years. Film, cameras and video not allowed to be made public. Hollywood developing secret cameras and lenses and not being allowed to use it in movies till the 1980 and beyond.

The Polaroid Uncle I am very close with and for fact we went to the moon many times how many he doesnt know. He knows they built cameras for like Apollo 28, Apollo 33 ect.. and other names not known by the public.

My uncle and his group also annualized many footage and photos and video. they built the cameras, lenses, secret film and the govt didn't have any experts in this at all. my uncle saw and worked on interpreting and analysis of 1000's of photos and hours of film and video ( magnetic tape video like today crazy huh )

So fact my uncle built top secret camera systems for space stations, space planes, many more Apollo mission and secret military moon programs, several maned outpost or small space stations and the bigger secret space station, skylab, probes, satellites, spy satellites, mars missions ect....

the funny thing is the Brook Haven Uncle and the Polaroid Uncle knew more and were more involved then my Uncle at Nasa. the Nasa uncle feels like the victim. The NASA uncle is the only one however rumored to know of aliens and space ships. the other two never saw any ufo photos or alien photos or know about them. I guess my NASA uncle sat there for 35 years biting the bullet.

Again i know nothing of mining or moon bases or aliens. Just about 44 anomalies on the moon and secret space programs but i am sure that not a tip of what has been going on for 40 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join