It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landed on the Moon SIX Times! Why?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
For those of you that think we went to the moon, I emplore you to spend the next several hours of your life reading the 5(or 6) parts of 'Wagging the Moondoggie'.

Dave Mcgowan does an exhaustive job of destroying far too many of the "facts" of the Apollo missions. You may be able to find fault with some of his points, but when you string them all together, it is nearly impossible to walk away a believer of the six visits.

My belief is that these missions served the dual purpose of smoke-screen for covert military space programs and to attempt to one-up the Russian space program, of which until that point we were trailing significantly in actual achievements.

If you read the entire report, you probably wont be able to say much afterwards.

davesweb.cnchost.com...

That site often goes down from too much traffic (due to its enormous popularity). A simple web search for 'wagging the moondoggie' will bring up numerous sites + forums that have reposted at least some parts of his lengthly argument.
edit on 17-1-2011 by americatimebomb because: Gave alternate method for retrieving the article

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by americatimebomb

McGowan's rambling screed has been pulverised many times on the web.

Here is one such thread.

Most of McGowan's points are "arguments from incredulity" (i.e. "Does anyone really believe...?").

In other words, he doesn't understand how it was done, therefore it must have been faked.

Willfull ignorance and monumental arrogance, all in one package.

Question for you, americatimebomb: Why do you want to believe the Apollo missions were faked?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

You are aware that you can see the moon landing sight with powerful telescopes?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by glome
reply to post by earth2

You are aware that you can see the moon landing sight with powerful telescopes?

Well, sort of. Telescopes can see the geographic areas of the Moon where they landed, but they do not have the resolution to resolve the equipment left behind. To do so, the telescope would need a mirror larger than a football field. Hubble's is only 2.4 meters, and the largest 'scope on Earth is only 10 meters.

The Clementine probe and the Japanese Kaguya lunar orbiter both detected disturbed soil at the exact location of the landing sites, and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has taken many images of the sites at high enough resolution to see landers, equipment, footpaths and rover tracks.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
3rd Party Moon Landing Verification

Start here and follow the sources.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Although I fully believe NASA lies about many things, I'm pretty sure we have been to the Moon.How else did those reflectors get up there?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

Why not assemble your proof-package and provide it to the 3 Amigo's to verify? Bold statements require more than just a say-so...even though nothing you have said (as I recall) is terrifically unbelievable. However, it is dramatic, if true. As to the science being decades beyond what we are seeing? I'm quite confident it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join