It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI or real ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Sorry mate, but I think you're getting a bit confused here. A video camera doesn't use compression when its recording. Compression only occurs when the data from the camera is transferred to hard disk in order to save space on the disk.

I could be mistaken, since I learned on film way back when, and DV is very new to me (just recently getting into it and learning it, so I might have misunderstood).

I have the Sony HDR-AX2000 which records in AVCHD. I can't say I know what the process is when it goes from the CMOS to the SD cards it saves the data on, but I'm pretty sure it's saved in AVCHD format on the card itself.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by drsmooth23

The camera is being held by someone, its not on a tripod or anything, and unless the camera's VTR head is dirty as crap, the video has been ran though a degradation filter to make it far less crisp and focused.

interesting, how do you differ, if its low resolution digital recording or a camera with magnetic tape ?

its just about impossible to tell on this particular copy, I would need to see an earlier generation of the recording to give an intelligent guess. because it has probably been ran through a filter of some sort, I couldnt rightly say, but generally speaking, magnetic tape will obviously look cleaner. youll still see the imperfections, especially with the low lux, but something like a camera phone would compound those imperfections like mad.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by icepack

If you look at around 2 seconds in there is a noticeable straight line in the fog. Indicating a masking error.

How do you know it wasn't masked precisely in the way they wanted it? Straight lines in fog are a sure indication that it's not your average fog but special fog.

Ever consider that apparitions now do exemplary imitations of CGI, keeping up with the times and that sort of thing? I'm sure they're bored by now looking like Civil War soldiers and victorian women.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

it's CGI...the color and shape of the floor and left wall moves when the shape moves, kind of like looking at a moving object in a fish bowl.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
All this talk about a potential ghost, yet MY footage CLEARLY shows not one, not two but THREE talking unicorns!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

shun the non believer!!

Shuuuunnnn....

lololol

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We're on a bridge charlie!

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
liveforever is kind of a dick.
hahha thats the 2nd, 1st response to a thread ive seen where he basically tells them to shut up.

-------------------

The fakery is obvious to due the fact that there is a person holding the camera, it sways alittle, but when the apparition appears and then comes AT the camera, the person holding it does not react. Maybe they were looking in a different direction.

but thats what I get from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join