It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Men Killers and All Women Whores?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not to be derogatory, but it seems to me that thousands of years of evolution and social structure have "fashioned" all men to be killers and all women to be whores, all differences in behavior and personality are merely the varying degrees of expression to this simple truth.

In the animal kingdom, especially among primates, it is a sign of maturity when the males seek council with one another to gain power from the older of the species and subdue their women, these are the very same observations that led Freud to conclude that all behavior is related to sexual stimulus metaphorically explained in Oedipal terms as killing the father and marrying the mother. At a certain age it is inevitable that the "killer" gene kicks in within all males forever changing their psyches.

Now, for some psychologists and mythologists there are around 8 different archetypes that explain all human spiritual progression. Some examples are:

1. The Warrior
2. The Lover
3. The Magician
4. The King

All with their respective shadows/opposites making eight in total.

The problem here though is that to embody these various personae one must first have a controlled and healthy enough ego to make the transitions from the first role we experience, the child role, and to do this one must have the killer gene enabled. Without this gene one can have no effect on the physical world of reality and remains in latent states of development known as fixation (another Freudian term for ex: The oral fixation that may or may not be the cause of smoking addictions or the phallic fixation that may contribute to homosexuality.)

For females it is the whore gene, termed the Electra Complex. When a girl in puberty develops unconscious sexual urges for her father, experiences competitive aggression towards the mother, and feels jealously towards men for not having a penis. It sounds funny I know, but one must look past the literal and dry phrasing of the psychology and instead focus on the multifaceted ways in which this concept is the basis for all of a females psychic life!

It's no surprise that many females feel jealous of men not simply for having a penis, but just for the social roles given to men. They want to be strong, they want to control and speak the same language as men. In short, many women feel the need to rebel against their natural impulse to be the "whore". They resist this evolutionary truism inherent in their sex in the modern age because of feminism and negative societal perceptions of weakness for those who naively assume the whore or mothering instinct. I'm reminded of the quote by a famous author that said, "Women think being born male is a privilege, it's a duty." And so it is, for to be a man one must kill (metaphorically).

But as we all know unconscious repressions and fixations always manifest in deviations from the normal human countenance. One example for females occurs every year in late October. Halloween! On this lovely day one can easily observe practically all women dressing like whores and hanging up the business suits, a timely release of all that repressed evolutionary energy! School girls, nurses, and G.I. Janes litter the streets in a Dionysian exaltation of their universal whoring spirit!

There are many examples of this theory too numerous to name, but I hope you enjoy my examples and can engage in meaningful discussion.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by AProphet1233]

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think your own theories will debunk themselves.

Keep saying all women are "whores" and you might just find out that they can be killers too!

Just saying.

[edit on 8/26/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Is there a part II coming? Where is the pseudo-psycho analysis of the Male, for all I read after your opening paragraph was that for the Female? A bit one-sided... I'll wait for Part II before commenting further. It is planned, right? I mean, you didn't half-azz this thread, I hope.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Any theory of psychology or philosophy can be easily debunked and turned on itself. What I have done here, instead of outlining a system of thought, is to present an artistic idea from the combination of a few current theories. I stand by my interpretations.

And about calling all women "whores"...
I;m not afraid to do this from the anonymous barricade of my computer screen.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
No. all men are not killers and all women aren't whores. Sometimes it's the other way around. And then, there's the rest of us who are neither.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yeah, sure. Just keep waiting for part deux.

Next.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Ahh, Just what I thought you would say.
Next...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Freud was certifiably insane.

You're not all that crazyAP. But you are very judgmental. There is a metaphor for the god and the goddess as well, you know that?

Humans have a spiritual element which Freud completely ignored. Women are not whores. If anything the men are the whores. The men receive payment for selling themselves in the form of a "job" in order to get a paycheck in order to pay for the "lifestyle".
Nothing wrong with a job, of course. I love business, though I'm not good at it. I'm just saying that men are the whores if anyone is a whore because they are no longer farming the land and bartering for goods. They work for currency and therefor have cut themselves off from nature and are whores.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I suppose it could be possible, especially since men tend to seek power, and of course power has the potential to kill.

Just a few questions though.

What about Amazonian women vs the meek pacifist male?

And just out of curiosity, where do hermaprodites fall into the equation of your evolutionary analysis?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You are defaulting to NATURE in the Nurture / Nature debate.

How you define killer or whore is going to (in)validate your point(s). Does thinking about killing make a Man a killer..? Does wanting sex make a Woman a whore..?

Your points are age old debates, going back thousands of years. The problem is the definitions and criteria that decides each; Every little boy plays their version of cowboys / train robbers, every little girl plays their version of dress up / flirtation. Does this make them killers and whores..?

Teen agers they play football and cheerleaders, Young adults it is military and fashion, and on it goes throughout everyones lives.

At what point do actions fall into killers and whores...that is what you must define.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think this is true to some degree, or was true, to be more exact.

Evolution (lets just assume that you believe it to be a sound theory, don't want to start that debate here) of behaviors can occur rather quickly within populations, as soon as a few generations.

I think in modern societies, these traits are becoming less desirable, and people that exhibit them (killers, prostitutes) are being weeded out (prison, less likely to reproduce and create stable families). Please keep in mind I'm speaking in VERY general terms.

All I'm saying is that I believe that humans in general will quickly breed out these traits if modern society endures, and we continue to "improve". Some people would say improving means going closer to our roots, so that also is debatable.

Originally posted by Alxandro
What about Amazonian women vs the meek pacifist male?

I suppose in animal society, that would be Alpha female and low ranking male.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by iandh]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Since this premise is based on Freud - let's chat about his theories.

Point 1:

Freud's cultural influence is based, at least implicitly, on the premise that his theory is scientifically valid. But from a scientific point of view, classical Freudian psychoanalysis is dead as both a theory of the mind and a mode of therapy (Crews, 1998; Macmillan, 1996). No empirical evidence supports any specific proposition of psychoanalytic theory, such as the idea that development proceeds through oral, anal, phallic, and genital stages, or that little boys lust after their mothers and hate and fear their fathers. No empirical evidence indicates that psychoanalysis is more effective, or more efficient, than other forms of psychotherapy, such as systematic desensitization or assertiveness training. No empirical evidence indicates the mechanisms by which psychoanalysis achieves its effects, such as they are, are those specifically predicated on the theory, such as transference and catharsis. (1)

Freud was a writer, a scholar, a story creator who succeeded in weaving his own beliefs into the field of Psychology without evidence, research and data to back it up. Though he had tremendous influence in shaping the field in the early century, what he shaped it with was his own troubled beliefs and background. Freud was not a scientist and did not work like one. His beliefs are obsolete. The man is a footnote in history.

Therefore, it is a huge leap [off a cliff] to say that every deed is born of repressed sexual and/or aggressive urges, that boys must compete and overthrow their fathers and that girls will harbor sexual fantasies of their parent.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Very thought provoking. Although I must say I feel you are digging at the distaff of our species a bit.

If we are going to break it down so elemantal I guess my answer would be a yes. However it isn't that either sex has a corner on the two markets. If you eat you are a killer at least by proxy. It's the yen and yang of existance. For us to live we must consume, and something must die, even veggies! So women are killers too. I know plenty of mothers that would kill to protect. We're all killers.

Men are genetically wired according to most behaviorists to spread their genes. Women are wire to try to get a man to care for his progeny. Both sexes have a hardwired drive to procreate. So we're all whores too.

Do we let these facts pass as a justification for any behavior we deem appropriate? That's where ethics comes in, and a whole new debate begins.

edit: spelling.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Binder]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
what is man that is "man the killer" and what is woman that is "all women are whores"? if the composition of man is his body and not his mind, is his mind separate from the "killer gene" you speak of? if a woman is detached from her own body do the acts she conduct with her own mind that of being a whore?

if by nature man is forced into being a killer for the purpose of sex; at all other times excluding the act of gaining sexual providence is he lame?

and of woman of which i am not; if what you have stated is truth for a person who studies minds (psychologist?) is she a whore for fulfilling her liberty in mind by contrast to who; woman herself?

i find it depressing that all men are lame (homosexual?)and are only killers in the light of an action to profit. i find all women inept at being killers all the time and fashionably late to the dream you have presented of sexual attraction to their fathers.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dear OP,
You just started a Psychology class on monday and are planning on using us to fix your homework dilemma, aren't you?
As you psychoanalyze me I do the same to you but it seems your game is up.
I could be wrong but it has been done here before.
By the way men and women both can be all four of your categories, one the other both or neither.
Hope it helps, enjoy!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
First, there is no "all".
Second, I would say all men are providers, and all women are nurturers.
Perhaps that would help you put their jobs in perspective.
But, then, there is no "all".

Also, if you throw a thought out there, expect to be criticized or applauded. Be nice to either, please.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hmm, I think Freud was a bit skewed in his perceptions, however there is some points to be made in general
I dont see the term whores applied to women, women simply are seeking stability and gain, be it monkey or mankind.

Next we have man, his drive to mate is key..this creates competition and therefore caters towards giving the advantage of being accepted...a killer? perhaps, but that is just one way..basically brighter feathers win the day, be it in the form of literal bright feathers on a bird, or a shiny car and big house to lure in the idea of stability...also strength to show he can hold onto his crap also.

All things in life tend to center around procreation overall
Men have sex, Women are sex. That actually works out fine overall and took millions of years of evolution and streamlining. This dynamic will never go away, and it shouldn't...men are women are simply different

whores and killers...perhaps, but that pushes the fairly complex nature into rather narrow boxes.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Where some see women and men, I read Volos and Emotionale.

Ne'er do fear, 'e's just doin' the Pike Spike on all ye uninitiated profane.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by EnlightenUp]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join