It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Men Killers and All Women Whores?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

OK,
We'll go along with your supposition for a moment.

Just long enough to ask, assuming from your profile that you are male.....

How many people have you killed?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233

In the animal kingdom, especially among primates, it is a sign of maturity when the males seek council with one another to gain power from the older of the species and subdue their women, these are the very same observations that led Freud to conclude that all behavior is related to sexual stimulus metaphorically explained in Oedipal terms as killing the father and marrying the mother. At a certain age it is inevitable that the "killer" gene kicks in within all males forever changing their psyches.

So, basically what you are doing, is comparing humans to primates. Yes, sure, while some people can act like animals, they way you have described, you are forgetting that PEOPLE, have morals and ethics.

Also, as others have mentioned, men and women can easily swap what you have pointed out to be a characteristic of each sex.

The difference is, people can make descisions on whether or not to follow through with being what you have labeled them to be, because we live in a society that teaches right from wrong.

This is what separates man from ape!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Aren't men Whores? they are the ones who go father children without thought to the consequences.

And do they father them with innocent angels against their will? Naaaaaa!

Why are some women utterly incapable of accountability for their own actions and the events that will have life changing effects upon their bodies, minds and often the people around them?

Are they really THAT weak? Why is blame easier than admitting personal responsibility?

We are all individuals and if we are mature enough to have intercourse then we should be mature enough to put our hands up and say "I made some choices too and maybe I was wrong".

[edit on 26/8/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Your wrong.

NO and NO on both questions.

Are some men killers? Yes, undoubtedly as are many women.

Are some women what some people term 'whores'? Yes, undoubtedly as are many men.

You are attempting to generalize with almost 7 billion singularly unique human beings.

It's an intelligently posed question, but hopelessly naive in it's supposition.

I myself am a male. I am loath to kill anything. And i mean anything, insects included. If at all possible, i capture and release, consciously reasoning everything alive has a right to it's life, if at all possible.

Obviously i do not hunt either. I am a hypocrite inasmuch as i now eat meat, having been a vegetarian for a number of years - although i do feel guilt about it, but yes, still a hypocrite. Nobody is perfect i suppose.

My wife, with whom i have spent the last 22 years of my life is not a whore. We have enjoyed a completely monogamous marriage, and are still very happy together.

So no, generally the human species is not as black or white as you propose.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

well in quebec canada we are all dessendant of killers and whores...

when they colonize they first send criminal from prison and then they catch the prostitute and send them to start the colony

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Recently my brother and my best friend have gotten divorces from their whorish wives. They ran off with richer guys. This made me think most women are whores. I started treating them like whores. This made me very attractive to them for some strange reason. Both unfaithful wives were Jewish but I don't think this infidelity is has a cultural basis. I have noticed that the killer guys seem to attract the whores. I am going to operate away from these types because I don't want to kill to be loved.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I see a lot of Freud and Jung theories in your OP. IMO, the pair were completely penis-obsessed to the point it became ridiculous.

'Penis envy' I believe was even originated by Jung and the concept that women loathed themselves and suffered feelings of inadequacy and envy for not having one.

Meanwhile, Freud hypothesized that a female's happiness and self esteem as well as sexual climax depended solely on a man's penis.

It was absolute stupidity, IMO.

For the 'killer' angle for men, it was about the superiority complex of having a penis. The 'whore' angle for women came from them needing a penis for every ounce of fulfillment in their life.

It truly is laughable and I'm not just saying that because I am female. I will not go any further so I don't cross any T&C lines but if you ever look into their hypotheses, you will see some utterly crazy things. EVERYTHING seemingly revolves around the penis and sex. Also, the man is always and automatically superior due to having that appendage.

It was actually pretty twisted of them and I feel they had more issues than their patients ever did combined.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
killers and whores will say yes cuz they dont wanna be left out. normal people will say no.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Not to be derogatory, but it seems to me that thousands of years of evolution and social structure have "fashioned" all men to be killers and all women to be whores, all differences in behavior and personality are merely the varying degrees of expression to this simple truth.

I dont necessarily believe it was evolution and social structure that make us this way.

I think it reverts back to our animalistic instincts and survival.

In my opinion, social structure and conditioning is forcing us to turn away from our old behavior, and now feel guilt over things that come natural.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It was actually pretty twisted of them and I feel they had more issues than their patients ever did combined.

This seems to be a well-preserved tradition that they started in the psychology profession-- almost holy.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

In the animal kingdom, especially among primates, it is a sign of maturity when the males seek council with one another to gain power from the older of the species and subdue their women,

Could you, perhaps, link to some of the studies that show this behavior in the animal kingdom? None of the seven behavior groups that I know about for primates fits this pattern, and nobody seems to confer.
anthro.palomar.edu...

Now, for some psychologists and mythologists there are around 8 different archetypes that explain all human spiritual progression. Some examples are:

1. The Warrior
2. The Lover
3. The Magician
4. The King

All with their respective shadows/opposites making eight in total.

Nothing for women? Hmmf! Male-dominated memes, I see.

In short, many women feel the need to rebel against their natural impulse to be the "whore".

I believe that if you'll check things out, males mature and want sex much earlier than females do and they are the ones who tend to be more promiscuous. What's the male equivalent of prostitute? And where is it in the list of Noble Titles For Guys you listed.

If it's "Lover", then for women it should also be "lover."

School girls, nurses, and G.I. Janes litter the streets in a Dionysian exaltation of their universal whoring spirit!

Many of which are men wearing these outfits. I should add that very few of the commercial designers who create these commercial costumes are women -- most of them are men designing costumes they would like to see.

(and all of us women in World of Warcraft can now stand up and snark about the armor they design for women.)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I believe that if you'll check things out, males mature and want sex much earlier than females do and they are the ones who tend to be more promiscuous.

Unless all the males you are referencing are having sex with just a handful of females, don't you think it takes one to know one and there are just as many promiscuous females around....they're just better at concealing it and don't suffer as much from the need to beat their chests and shout about it. The effect is more personal to women I think.

As a male, I can categorically state that in my experience I have known FAR MORE easy and cheating women than men. OK, so just one opinion but it should count in the big scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I love these kinds of threads. The topics of psychology-and-sexuality never cease to excite my intellect. However, EVERYTHING, the-whole-ball-of-wax RE. humans primates roles dominance submission violence promiscuity---------boils down to hormones. I have watched TV programs about mamals in the wild. The dominant and violent females have more male hormones. Did you know that male birds who have more female chemicals than their male peers, will be monogamous and 'housewifey', while the other male birds with more male chemicals, will be romeos. I think this applies to humans. When I was younger and weighed under 108lbs, I was promiscuis. I could get ANY guy to sleep with me, even if he was married and or had an advanced educational degree and professional person who should know better. I was in the military, and as an E-3, I carried on a sexual fling with a married Captain. I am NOT proud of that behaviour, I regret it, but I had unacknowledged undiagnosed psychiatric conditions. Now I am big and fat and post menopausal, and sex is a long ago long dead and uninteresting unwanted deal for me now. But examining it along with psychology, still intellectualy fascinates me. When I was younger, (re. above) I was only drawn to Alpha Males who wore suits and ties. But those kind of men, even if they are 'unavailable', are promiscuous, annnnd they are narcissistic bastards. That was MY experience(s).

[edit on 26-8-2010 by simonecharisse]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

On Freud, I agree wholeheartedly. On Jung, I am not so sure. Although I am sure he did mention the phallus as an archetypical symbol, his ideas did not revolve around it. Besides, the phallus most certainly is an archetypical symbol. In fact, he spoke of the anima rising, which is about as far from penis-centric as one can get. He essentially performed an act of benevolent black magic in order to add steam to the women's movement, as he thought it to be wise and for the benefit of humanity as a whole. Was Jung a little crazy? Sure. But he admitted it, and he deliberately entered different states of consciousness so he could learn from personal experience, not merely parrot folks like, say, Freud, like many men and women did at the time.

Jung was brilliant and far ahead of his time. In fact, he had the opposite of the certainty that is seemingly supposed from your words. He dove into the abyss because he realized society and the individual were in flux, and that many of these labels people slung out were power plays resulting from echoes of echoes of echoes, ya know, human vegetables riding the coattails of ideologies. Ya know, the frankenstein's monsters ruling the day in the whole life imitates art, art imitates life dynamic. The abstract gelatinous creatures resulting from ideological creation.

Very few still understand the implications of Jung's work, and Jung was absolutely brave and brilliant for discussing what he discussed. Again, did it send him a little off the deep end? Yes. But that was the result of conscious choices he made to discover what he viewed as hidden and everlasting truths, the few things that are constant in a world constantly changing, the creative principles. It is much easier to submit to consensus than search in places no one else is looking. Consensus is easier because if one is unaware of certain ramifications of their beliefs and actions, they are not responsible, for they knew no better. One can then be "good" and hurt all manners of people, because they have the blinders on.

Sorry about my rant. I just think you are so far off on Jung it warranted my diatribe. About Freud? Spot on. But Jung? No way Jose. Besides, we also have the gyno-centric mirror images of Freudian thought in our society. Are they mainstream? No. But they are still taught in women's studies classes (Granted, if they are taught as mirror to highlight Freud's one-sidedness, then that is certainly fair game and intellectually honest, but it is really easy to repackage something as it's shadow). Jungian thought provided insight that empowers ALL peoples, and as such, I think it is very important. Was he the end-all-be-all. Of course not. But he was massively insightful.

Regarding Freud again, strangely but naturally enough, all of his penis-centric speech allowed it to be shoved aside. His silliness allowed the silliness that was still a societal meme to be exposed for what it was and eventually shunned on a society-wide level. Fools cause harm in the short run, but they benefit society in the long run by highlighting stupidity.

To get back on topic, the original post is a naive, myopic oversimplification to be sure. It also simply paints with a brush. It is also woefully dualistic, as aeons already pointed out. Splitting things into 2's betrays a need to control, not truth. Ya know, divide and conquer and all that jazz. Nevertheless, there are quite a few who seem to still wear these whore and beast hats in moments other than simple play or joking, but it is because, as I believe anyway, that they are not aware of the new fashions available. They need to get with the new spring colors and move away from the drab fall styles. And more and more will IMHO.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think we are all unpredictable animals who lie, steal, kill, fornicate, cheat,
hate, love and die. Life is to short to categorize. I am a whore and a killer
among other things.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Men kill. Women manipulate men to kill for them. Same thing; different method.

Civilization is a form of denial of our own inherited natural behavior is it not? Certainly, acting civilized is not natural, but learned behavior?

Although, since our intellect evolved naturally as an advantage, I suppose anything it leads to is natural after all.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with the manipulation of men but women do kill we just know how to cover our tracks and get a male blamed.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Acting civilized, while not really being so. Hm. Yes. It was my experience, when I was younger, promiscuous, and skinny, that marriage is an unnatural state for men.
I am not and have never married. I wouldn't be able to stop wondering about his fidelity.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by simonecharisse]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
No. all men are not killers and all women aren't whores. Sometimes it's the other way around. And then, there's the rest of us who are neither.

Geeez, I give up. The proles on this site don't understand anything. What is the world coming to...

Your argument is what some would call thinking inside the box.

A lot of ppl who believe in conspiracy tend to think OUTSIDE the box.

You need sheeple for this Freudian world view to seem more applicable.

Sheeple tend to buy the government line that no truth is found on this site.

But a lot of us here have seen the MSM and government lie, and a lot
of us don't buy into scientific labels thou we do see them in some
ppl that are bending to societal pressures.

Most creatures seek control of their environment just out of fear.

Alot of what TPTB do is due to their fear of what could happen, and
others just think power is the ultimate aphrodisiac as Kissinger said.

Their are predators amongst us, but a lot of ppl just want to live
a happy family life and care little for "the game".

I liken the manipulators to sociopaths who will harm others or
sell themselves for the gain of power or money when both are
often just illusions.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
These crazy threads. Aye, Caramba!

I don't wanna even get into it. It scares me what I'm up against in society.

One thing that glaringly stands out in the OPs thoughts is his citing of Halloween as evidence of women being whores at heart.

For the love of God man you are talking about women going to a party! Or a bar, club.

Of course they'll dress a bit more sexy for this - even if it wasn't Halloween they would dress sexy for a party or club.

If it was a Halloween party at their childrens school or an old folks home I seriously doubt that they'd be dressed in a "suggestive" costume.

Let's try to think logically.

Or should I assume that since I see alot of men drunk on St. Patrick's day that all men are alcoholics who secretly wish they were Irish?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join