It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Men Killers and All Women Whores?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
it doesn't make sense for women to be whores from any biological pov. Men are less attracted to women who have little regard for their bodies than women who do. The idea being that the ones who are careful about choosing partners are better at looking after their children.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

It's no surprise that many females feel jealous of men not simply for having a penis, but just for the social roles given to men

You're joking, right? Surely. How many times has Freud's little "penis envy" theory been downright laughed out of the books? It's only used now as an example of how even brilliant people can be Totally Wrong.

Just ask any woman.

Otherwise, I don't mind telling you I basically disagree with the entire opening post.

To the degree that I believe you're either joking, or trolling.

Has to be. Nobody could seriously believe any of it?

ETA: If you have the belief that woman have a natural inclination to be sexually promiscuous, then you know nothing whatsoever about human biology, or any biology. The males compete for mating privileges with the female in ALL species. Watch male birds huff and puff and strut around hoping they will be the one selected by the female for the purpose of procreation. Fish. Primates. Humans. The biology is all the same.

If you believe what you have stated, then regretfully, someone has brainwashed you. Reject these inaccurate notions and educate yourself.

By the way, this is not based on your religious teaching is it? It is reminiscent of some ancient religious beliefs.

And also, Good Luck With The Ladies. You're going to need it, with such ill-conceived and archaic beliefs.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
study one word:

"Ego"

The rest is history and the obvious culprit is seen.

Anything that has to do with mastery or destruction of this complex gets 2 big fat sloppy thumbs up!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't say whore. But you are kinda close.

For obvious reasons it's very risky for a woman to be a slut and sleep around with alot of men.

However women want to be able to freely express themselves sexually with their partner. The need to express their sexuality is very strong. And not fullfilling that need leads to many married to cheat on their husbands. Even if all of the other needs in their relationships are being satisfied.

Lets be honest women love sex. There isn't a sex toy industry for nothing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Whores > killers

....Just sayin.

It makes sense that men are killers though, don't see women doing the violent crime usually.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with the manipulation of men but women do kill we just know how to cover our tracks and get a male blamed.

Okay. This is a good point.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So AProphet1233, who did you kill today?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What I got from reading the OP was that perhaps his girlfriend broke up with him by text that he was sent in first period study hall. He sat fuming all day and wrote the OP when he got home.

If the title question was serious? My answer: NO of course not.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Freud?
Freud was good reading for Freud and the spoken sexual taboo linking made for the attraction of a ready excuse hidden in the primal past.
According to application of those theories I am in fact a killing whore who lives each day suppressing the desire to enjoy wearing both hats, and goes to sleep each night knowing I will be frustrated again tomorrow by the waiting shackles of my hunger for both.
Killing and whoring both got quite boring so I learned how to play the guitar.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I can only speak about the "Men are Killers" part. I have to say that I sort of agree with this. In our society, kids play video games. In most of those video games, there is always someone getting hurt or killed. Boys I believe are more inclined on playing video games much more than girls. Sure, not a lot of people kill one another in this day and age, but there are options on how to kill - even though it's mock killing.

As for the "Women are whores" part. I dunno. Women are extremely picky with their men since it's a natural thing while men are naturally promiscuous. Much like how men being playboys are usually praised by society while women being "playgirls" are seen as whores. Sure, women want to be strong, but it's influenced by the MSM rather than being a natural thing.

My grandmothers (when they were alive) are the matriarchs (for a lack of a better term) of the families after my grandfathers passed on and even they are the matriarchs, they frowned constantly on how women are no longer housewives in this day and age, and attributes women working to the loss of morality on the family structure. Yes, they are old fashioned adhering to the old saying "a woman's place is at home) but there is a point to it if you step back and look at it. Women has that attribute of nurture and add to the fact that mothers are more approachable than fathers when it comes to the children.

Maybe the above isn't applicable now with women in the workplace. I dunno. I personally can't see it since the wife and I both work and for some reason, my kids are closer to me than their mother. However, I do constantly tell my wife to bond with the kids as well since the old fashioned way of having the mothers closer to their children has somewhat worked.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233

Now, for some psychologists and mythologists there are around 8 different archetypes that explain all human spiritual progression. Some examples are:

1. The Warrior
2. The Lover
3. The Magician
4. The King

I would say it is more like.

1. The Fool (this is the beginning we are led by the heart, the passion without Logic)

2. The Magician ( this is the male discovering his raw talents without discipline)

3. The Emperor (this is the confident father figure, steadfast in his decisions and very confident)

4. The Sage (this is the mature male, the elder, the holder of a lifetime of being a good man and passing that knowledge to the young....The Fool)

You are using Freudian concepts a delusional drug addict. This man was nuts and set up a flawed mental health system.

Try Carl Jung. You may then get away from the purely physical male/female archetypes and find the spirit.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
While I think the terms killer and whore are obviously selected to provoke - the underlying concept that it is sexuality and reproductive competition that defines men and women is clearly true.

Killers - not a bad generalization. As we are simply animals, it is the primal reproductive instinct that is generally expressed socially. So men strive for position, dominance and those most ruthless and competitive will certainly kill to be top of the heap - why do they want to be top of the heap? Genetic disposition to dominate in order to have the most mates, and the most young.

Whores - this one I think is less than accurate. Women desire two different types of men at the same time - men who can satisfy both requirements are rare - that means women may look for sexual adventure outside of their steady relationship. In nature mammal females will look for the strongest and meanest to mate with - males often prove this by competition. However with human females, they are also looking for someone to help care for their young - so they are looking for caring, and sensitive for a long term relationship. So strong, even violent men might arouse women - but they aren't usually selected for marriage material. So women might get bored with their SNAG and go looking for sexual excitement. In nature there are a couple of examples where females sometimes mate with one male, and raise their young with another - I forget which species though.

However, I don't think nature generally lends itself to promiscuous women - because they can only have one child at a time, so they will try and select the best mate they can get. It doesn't make sense for them to be programmed for promiscuity - rather for high selection standards - so they will reject advances from males who do not meet the their standards.

So, in conclusion I think if you wanted broad generalizations; I'd opt for Killers and Ice Queens.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I would say yes that is the primal programing of humans, the veneer of civilization may cover it, but it's a pathetic cover for miillions of years of evolution, or billions if you count from when the first primitive lifeforms cells split and atacked other cells/male or subverted other cellular organisms/female.

In primitive times yes this was the norm as our cultures evolved and became more complex, everything in our natures had to be reprogramed, for males who in ancient times were by dictates of nature kill or be killed for self, group, or to impress females or to get females. When things progressed this trait for survival in primitive times became a bad trait in large groups ie towns/cities, so therefore was reprogramed by way of the usual jail, beattings, torture, autcasting, castrations, crucifixion, and so on, all that stuf.

Females though by the dictates of nature had to mate with whoever was the optimal mate, and in ancient times it was the biggest and most likely to succeed ie bigest killer, for food and protection. And due to the nature of the times it was in there intrest for primal needs to have as many potential mates as possible, for best chances at optimal propagation and lifestyles. When things progressed this trait for survival was not nedded as it lead to overpopulation and dissputes among the populations about propety rights of females, so therefore was reprogramed by way of shame, outcast, breeding, stoneing and religion's.

Today though killing is not in the intrest of males as it wont ussually get you a female, but dead or in jail, and it is on average not in the intrest of females to sleep around with males, or at least those who will be not be likely to provide, depending on what society your in some middle eastern ones it's a good way to end up stoned or mutilated and outcasted, and some western it's incureged. So to nutshell the nutshell, it's pretty much the same, females have more options to choose from male types. And males have the option in what to attract females with. I know people say we came a long way but have we really, take away the in vented techs and systems and you will see that we have only come a long way in technology and systems of control. Human beings are still at the half way point over the abyss, on the bridge between beast and something else, to far to go back, and to far to go ahead, the half way point called humanity.

Oh and I read some of freud and from what I read it was mostly a fad of the day, and a chick magnet at the time, all the ditzy rich females were into his philosophy's, so ya he was on to something in that stuffy repressed era, mostly how to get laid.
I read some of jung's books to, i think but I cant remember what it was about.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ariel bender

You are defaulting to NATURE in the Nurture / Nature debate.

No, he isn't. He's just talking out of some bodily orifice not designed for speech.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by ariel bender

You are defaulting to NATURE in the Nurture / Nature debate.

No, he isn't. He's just talking out of some bodily orifice not designed for speech.

Yes, I'm stalking you today (it's the melatonin supplement).

Am I the only one whom the sensibilities thereof this thread doesn't inflame? I find it rather quaint and humorous.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

He's just talking out of some bodily orifice not designed for speech.

It looks as though the OP has taken his leave. Perhaps we have hurt his feelings.

Either that, or it was time for "Spongebob Squarepants".

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Its true, ever see Chicago. "It wasn't my fault he ran into the knife..." or the classic " He attacked me I swear!" (this is humor for those of you who can't tell, these accidents and spousal attacks happen I'm just trying to bring humor since this thread is ridiculous)

Also as the sang goes behind every great man is his wife. Hell hath no furry like a woman's scorn. Those two are interrelated I'm sure old Bill Clinton slept on the couch for a few days, and did what his wife told him. Most men in essence obey their girlfriends. We hold the power its called "Not tonight honey I have a headache"

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If these are genes that express themselves I believe that you can overcome them by taking a step back and analyzing why you have these feelings or urges, but some people mite not be able to do that? Also for the "killer" gene I belive we all have it because in a life or death situation you are full speed ahead and add in adrenaline, it would probably seem almost automatic to kill to survive.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time for those strong, outspoken individuals to take the bait and turn this thread into a Gender War.

[edit on 27/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

[edit on 27-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join