It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxi driver stabbed after passenger asks if he's Muslim

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Adding more fuel to the flame that is in New York. Looks like there is hate against Muslims in New York. Seems Tea party members want to kill a innocent person because they don't agree with their life style.

New York (CNN) -- A taxi driver is in stable condition Wednesday after allegedly being stabbed by a passenger who apparently asked if he was Muslim before attacking him, a taxi driver union official told CNN. Police have identified the suspect as Michael Enright, a 21-year-old white male. New York Police Det. Mark Nell said Enright has been charged with four counts, including attempted murder and hate crimes charges, and he's expected to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon.

What are your thoughts on this article? Just bigotry from the right? That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Without knowing the rest of the conversation it's hard to know what really went on,but taxi drivers get stabbed and abused fairly often so could be unrelated to religious preference,but then again the Muslim fear campaign started after 11/9 was a huge success.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I have never been to New York and most likely you have people who do and don't support the building of the Mosque in New York as we speak. Protesters on the right are heated and they are probably timid to kill people they believe are their enemy. Yes taxi drivers get stabbed a lot. But what was the point of the person asking if he was a Muslim?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Without knowing the rest of the conversation it's hard to know what really went on,but taxi drivers get stabbed and abused fairly often so could be unrelated to religious preference,but then again the Muslim fear campaign started after 11/9 was a huge success.

ok so apparently the white male asked the taxi driver if he was muslim before stabbing him. so its not really hard to know what went on, i mean what more do you want to know?

this doesnt really bother me anyway. more innocent muslims are dying in their own country than anywhere else in the world combined...

but this isnt good for the humans...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

It's not good anywhere for any type of person! Saying innocent Muslims die in their homelands and then are killed here is no big deal is ridiculous. How is that justifiable here in the U.S?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Seems Tea party members want to kill a innocent person because they don't agree with their life style.

Good evening Romantic Rebel,

Can you please provide the information confirming that this man was acting on behalf of the Tea Party?

Thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
www.cnn.com...

Seems Tea party members want to kill a innocent person because they don't agree with their life style.

Gee, I musta missed the part in the article where the stabber was identified as a teabagger.

But, hey, he was an angry white guy right? That automatically makes him a teabagger and only a teabagger would act out violently, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

When I get a chance to I will. But this article screams the member had relations with groups like the Tea party and other right political groups.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

www.cnn.com...

Gee, I musta missed the part in the article where the stabber was identified as a teabagger.

But, hey, he was an angry white guy right? That automatically makes him a teabagger and only a teabagger would act out violently, right?

Skin color does not make him a Tea party member; him asking the driver if he was a Muslim before stabbing him.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

And what exactly lead you to the conclusion that this person is a Tea Party member? That wouldn't just be your bias from the left would it?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

No bias he seemed like a Tea party member to me.
Here is more information on the attack.
colorlines.com...

68Share Update @ 9:05p: Mayor Mike Bloomberg has chimed in as well, calling the attack on Ahmed Sharif stands against “everything New Yorkers believe.” Again, from the Daily News: Mayor Bloomberg, who spoke to the Sharif and invited him to City Hall Friday, said the unprovoked attack was clearly “motivated by anti-Muslim bias.” “I assured him that ethnic or religious bias has no place in our city,” Bloomberg said of his conversation with Sharif. “This attack runs counter to everything that New Yorkers believe, no matter what God we pray to.” The attacker, 21-year-old Michael Enright, had just returned from filming the Marines in Afghanistan, according to the News.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What im trying to work out is for starters is this.The alleged statement was given by a taxi union official ,this taxi driver could be a Muslim with a chip on his shoulder,or it was the last thing he could remember.For example "where do you want go to sir" then the passenger replies "sorry i couldnt understand you ,are you Muslim" ."yes i am "replies the driver .Time goes by "why are you taking the long way ,you trying to rip me off you bastard " followed by Stabbing and screaming noises.Without a black box we only have some words which may or may not be accurate.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Maybe he tried to rip him off. I found out he was drunk when was picked up.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.usatoday.com...

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by itguysrule

No bias he seemed like a Tea party member to me.
Here is more information on the attack.
colorlines.com...

68Share Update @ 9:05p: Mayor Mike Bloomberg has chimed in as well, calling the attack on Ahmed Sharif stands against “everything New Yorkers believe.” Again, from the Daily News: Mayor Bloomberg, who spoke to the Sharif and invited him to City Hall Friday, said the unprovoked attack was clearly “motivated by anti-Muslim bias.” “I assured him that ethnic or religious bias has no place in our city,” Bloomberg said of his conversation with Sharif. “This attack runs counter to everything that New Yorkers believe, no matter what God we pray to.” The attacker, 21-year-old Michael Enright, had just returned from filming the Marines in Afghanistan, according to the News.

Good evening again Romantic Rebel,

After reading your second source, can you please provide evidence that this man was affiliated with the Tea Party?

Thanks in advance again

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I used to drive taxi's on night shift and i know how quickly things can turn from" Hello" to" I am going to kill you,You low life scum".Some people are just plain crazy and dont need a reason to stab someone

[edit on 25-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Well I'm trying my best. Seems he asked him if was a Muslim when got into the taxi; plus he was intoxicated. Looks like we're just going to have to wait for more information.

www.foxnews.com...

Enright allegedly hailed a cab in Manhattan at about 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday and, once inside the vehicle, asked Ahmed Sharif, 43, if he was a Muslim. When Sharif confirmed that he was, Enright brandished a knife and slashed him in the throat, arm and lip, police said. Enright is believed to have been heavily intoxicated at the time, sources said.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Well that is crazy. But what was the reason asking if the driver was Muslim and then stab him when he said Yes.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Here's some more sources I found online. This link I go while searching for more information the incident.
immigration.change.org...

While I was linked to this article.
[url=http://]http://www.alternet.org/story/147927/how_a_lunatic%2C_racist_blogger_is_fanning_hate_against_muslims_--_with_the_help_of_our_dumb_media[/ url]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I find this very disturbing, and I hope it's an isolated incident, and not an example of things to come.

If he attacked the guy on the basis of believing he was muslim, then it is indeed a hate crime, and I hope he has some time to think about this during his incarceration. Despicable. I bet after evaluation, the guys turns out to be nuts.

Place your bets for nut job.......

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
More information from more links.
english.aljazeera.net...

Aljazeera is reporting that it was a result of the building of the Mosque near ground zero.

As well more information here.
www.newsweek.com...

Give it a few hours to see what in the world was the reason for the incident.
I'm getting on websites the suspect was drunk, a right winger, crazy or a a person against the current building the Mosque.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join