It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxi driver stabbed after passenger asks if he's Muslim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
More information from more links.
english.aljazeera.net...

Aljazeera is reporting that it was a result of the building of the Mosque near ground zero.

As well more information here.
www.newsweek.com...

Give it a few hours to see what in the world was the reason for the incident.
I'm getting on websites the suspect was drunk, a right winger, crazy or a a person against the current building the Mosque.

Anything else you want to add to 'what you're getting' from this incident? You've already come guns blazing out of the gate with unfounded accusations of who the would be stabber is, despite any factual base. I guess that's keeping in line with your ilk though isn't it? I'm pretty sure you missed a plethora of the lib stereo types and talking points though. Might as well keep on rattling them off.

Although you list a handful of reputable
sources, I think most people will wait around. But as time goes on, and no new facts are presented, as in typical fashion it won't be looking good for team Prog. Usually when the MSM delays in the identity of the individual question, it turns out the man was a liberal or minority. Don't sweat it just yet though, I'm sure their doing their darndist to link this guy to the tea party. Even if it was just an accidental Facebook search, google, cnn artical he read on the tea party or something. That'll be enough for the drones to eat up and start the smear campaign.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

I shouldn't labeled this guy right off the bat. Thankfully I won ten dollars today spending three dollars for scratch offs. Again when more information comes I'll post updates.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

A drunken, racist idiot stabs a guy because he's muslim. Nowhere in any of these articles does it state the drunken, racist, idiot was a Tea Party member - that's a pretty FAR stretch, and really the same unfair stereotyping that we as a society are against. Your display of hypocrisy is outrageous as it has been the left that has led the charge against stereotyping people based on one characteristic for decades now, and rightly so.

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!

BTW - Before you call me a "neocon" know that my parents were staunch liberals and I was not raised with a "racist" bone in my body. I'm a Libertarian and marched in a Tea Party. One of my best friends is a Democrat/liberal and marched along my side. Neither one of us is "racist" nor did we see any there.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Yes, I admitted my mistake earlier and withdrew my statement of him being a tea party member. My parents are conservative and I'm a capitalist liberal. I believe we all make mistakes in life.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here's your 'teabagger'...

... Michael Enright, 21...

...A young filmmaker who recently returned from Afghanistan has been charged with stabbing a New York City cab driver the after asking the driver if he was Muslim and the driver said he was....

...The Village Voice first pointed out that Enright's Facebook page lists that he works for Intersections International, a NY-based firm "dedicated to promoting justice, reconciliation and peace across lines of faith, culture, ideology, race, class, national boarders and other boundaries that divide humanity."

Ironically, the group even has publicly supported the Park51 project -- the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque."....

...Chase says Enright, a student at the School of Visual Arts, has been a volunteer for about a year...
www.nbcnewyork.com...

Commissioner Kelly Talks: www.nbcnewyork.com...

Once again, not looking to good for team Prog.

Don't worry, the corner of that rug is already flipped up :wink:wink:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Here's your 'teabagger'...

... Michael Enright, 21...

...A young filmmaker who recently returned from Afghanistan has been charged with stabbing a New York City cab driver the after asking the driver if he was Muslim and the driver said he was....

...The Village Voice first pointed out that Enright's Facebook page lists that he works for Intersections International, a NY-based firm "dedicated to promoting justice, reconciliation and peace across lines of faith, culture, ideology, race, class, national boarders and other boundaries that divide humanity."

Ironically, the group even has publicly supported the Park51 project -- the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque."....

...Chase says Enright, a student at the School of Visual Arts, has been a volunteer for about a year...
www.nbcnewyork.com...

Commissioner Kelly Talks: www.nbcnewyork.com...

Once again, not looking to good for team Prog.

Don't worry, the corner of that rug is already flipped up :wink:wink:

Intersections has come out in support of the downtown Islamic cultural center project, but Chase said Enright wasn't involved in that.

Humm..? He wasn't a supporter of the building. That explains what I been thinking!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!

BTW - Before you call me a "neocon" know that my parents were staunch liberals and I was not raised with a "racist" bone in my body. I'm a Libertarian and marched in a Tea Party. One of my best friends is a Democrat/liberal and marched along my side. Neither one of us is "racist" nor did we see any there.

@Rockerchic4God...
It truly saddens me that we have to defend our pov from such name calling. Makes you wonder if others who use those names are capable of problem solving.... for now, they are more of the problem just as the drunk who stabbed the cab driver.

I'm sorry you have to defend yourself, your stance, to those with such hateful hearts.

Thumbs up that you are someone who apologizes for assuming something that is not correct

We need more men like you

Best regards,
sweetliberty

[edit on 25-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Being a taxi driver can be a very dangerous job already,
but I hope the rise of Islamophia is not cause behind the stabbing,
but if it is a confirmed hate crime, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

And who ever helps with propagation of intolerance and bigotry would also be
responsible of this stabbing as much as the accused, if it is indeed a hate crime.

I think it is a logic consequence of rising intolerance towards Muslims.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Being a taxi driver can be a very dangerous job already,
but I hope the rise of Islamophia is not cause behind the stabbing,
but if it is a confirmed hate crime, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

And who ever helps with propagation of intolerance and bigotry would also be
responsible of this stabbing as much as the accused, if it is indeed a hate crime.

I think it is a logic consequence of rising intolerance towards Muslims.

All fingers are pointing to the alleged attacker as being a liberal activist. So much so it's being reported he worked for pro-Mosque group.

If this is the case this more or less looks like a botched attack that went wrong. More then likely to advance 'the cause' and to frame the right wing and teapartiers(again). So if there's any hate to be doled out, it's on the hands of the left and their uncontrollable thirst to smear the teaparty at any cost.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In defense of RR I think her refering to the assailant as a "tea-party" member is akin to how the right labels anyone who is republican as "Liberals" or the idea that the entire media save Fox News is Liberal.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The reason why I think this is suspect is that they mentioned that the stabber was "white". What would your opinion be if the guy was Asian, Middle Eastern or black? Its obviously written just to provoke responses from both sides of the fence and not actually report an unfortunate event.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There seems to be a swing towards sympathy for Muslims and i am suspect on this story.Nothing wrong with that ,i mean they have all been unfairly branded as terrorists .Is the Muslim vs Christians battle nearly over? Is world peace just around the corner?Am i talking crap?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join