It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: (possible) HIV Cure has been discovered!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Loyola University researchers have identified the key components of a protein called TRIM5a that destroys HIV in rhesus monkeys.

The finding could lead to new TRIM5a-based treatments that would knock out HIV in humans, said senior researcher Edward M. Campbell, PhD, of Loyola University Health System.

This is awesome! Very promising for the future of HIV research. What do you all think about this? Will it be swept under the table like all the other cures out there?

LINK

MOD NOTE/EDIT: Please review: ATS policy about the use of ALL CAPS in thread titles.
Also, added "(possible)" to title to more closely reflect the tone of the sourced article.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow, if this is for real then this is one of the most important threads ever posted on ATS, or indeed anywhere. Hopefully this research can carry on fully funded, and will hopefully bring an end to a terrible virus.

Well, one can hope, can't one. *everything crossed*

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
WOW!!!! Now this sounds promising...I think there's a good chance they might get this to work with humans, then again, I'm not an expert of course, far from it, but this seems like really great news, I was never expecting a breakthrough like this at this point in time. Good news.

[edit on 24/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You can bet this will either disappear or be very expensive

[edit on 24-8-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip]

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Thanks for the quick responses! I agree, it's like what Chris Rock once said. There's no money in curing us.. the money is in keeping us sick... Here it is actually, it's really true: (warning some graphic language)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

I think its been discovered and is just now being released to general public. Majic Johnson for example????

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You know, I never really researched or read on why Magic Johnson's HIV hadn't mutated to AIDS. It's kind of scary, I remember thinking he'd be dead n a few years, only to have him alive and healthier than ME! It's like people forgot he has it, and so did he...

Why is he so resilient to it? The money allows him to buy all the new designer drugs?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It is however believed that these findings could be the beginning of an HIV free generation.

I didn't think I'd read that sentence in my lifetime. I do hope this is one time my cynicism of the medical industry is unfounded.

Google news has little to go on about this study, please help research this more, and get the word out.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Not sure mabey $ along with his bloodline HArd to say. the evil 1 has placed enough distractions here to confuse the best puzzle breakers so who knows friend. I do remember seeing him in my younger days around when Easy-e died and thought he would go out the same way but mabey he really had that long money, which would be sad considering he has watch many poor nations deal with it killing them off... Only time shall tell

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is anybody sure about this? Are we just hoping that they have a cure, or are we (HIV) positive?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have a friend that has had HIV for 20 years. When I first met her she has just been diagnosed and was thin and trim.

Now, 20 years later she is very healthy and a few pounds overweight and attending college.

Never expected her to live so long and even get better.

If this cure works it will be a milestone in medical history.

I will not be able to keep my promise that if there ever was a cure I would start drinking again and hit the bars. Thankfully I'm over all that nonsense and very happy to be right where I am.

I consider myself and many friends very fortunate to have been spared the HIV disease. Now maybe all those babies and children can be cured.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Title is very misleading... You should rename it to "Possible cure for HIV/AIDS"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
From what I've been reading, natural cures for HIV have allegedly been having success. These are natural and inexpensive, so they wouldn't bring any big profits to Big Pharma, hence there have been given no publicity and, of course, vicorous attempts are being made to suppress this information.

See:
www.cancertutor.com...

Any cure for HIV/AIDS is brilliant, of course, but forgive me .... I just don't trust Big Pharma or their motives any more.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

More Evidence HIV Was Made At Ft. Detrick

I have always expected there to be a cure inevitably.

Especially since the AIDs Virus is highly suspect of being Man Made in the USA at Ft. Detrick MD. and even given to Saddam to use on the Iranians.

I have always found it interesting that AIDs is especially rampant in Africa, and after having first revealed itself, as well in the US in NYC shortly after both countries had begun Smallpox Vaccination programs.

This as well as the discovery of a gene mutation, or so called cure that is ONLY found in white European populations, especially northern Europeans and Scandanavians ?

Well, since this is a conspiracy web site. I want all of you to read this information about a CIA employed MD who was tasked with retrieving the biological warfare agents from Iraq as well as being asked to enter Iran to begin a biological warfare program there by Dick Cheney.

I am a physician and AIDS researcher who has authored two books on the man-made origin of HIV/AIDS ("AIDS & THE DOCTORS OF DEATH: AN INQUIRY INTO THE ORIGIN OF THE AIDS EPIDEMIC" and "QUEER BLOOD: THE SECRET AIDS GENOCIDE PLOT."). On the eve of the Blue Moon of May 31, 2007, I was sent the most explosive email I have ever received concerning possible insider evidence pertaining to the man-made epidemic of AIDS. The communication was sent by Sue Arrigo, M.D., who claimed she was a physician licensed in California (G50197). Because her email (attached below) was so mind-blowing, I immediately googled Arrigo and found several entries including a note on one website in which Arrigo claimed to have been kidnapped, raped and threatened with death in 2004 (this was NOT mentioned in her email to me). In addition, I checked online and verified that she was indeed a licensed CA physician, although her license expired in December, 2006, and her current residence is in Canada. In her email Dr. Arrigo asked if I would help her get the word out to interested persons. I would ask that anyone who receives this communication to do all they can to spread the word regarding her accusations that AIDS is a man-made disease. Over the past two decades there have been only a handful of other physicians and health professionals who have had the courage to alert the public to evidence that AIDS is man-made (namely Robert Strecker MD, William Campbell Douglass MD, Eva Snead MD, and Leonard G Horowitz DDS) . In general, their research (books, videos, internet communications) have been ignored by the CDC, the NIH, the AIDS establishment, the major media, etc. -- and merely passed over as "conspiracy theory" and "paranoia." Dr. Arrigo has a long association with the CIA as an expert on biological warfare, and also has apparent ties to the highest powers (and presidents) in the U.S. government. Thus, her insider status makes her an extremely valuable witness to the truth about AIDS and its man-made origin.

Please do all you can to confirm or deny the truth of Dr. Arrigo's accusations -- and to publicize her plight -- and to air her plea on behalf of the abominations of secret biological warfare experimentation and use against human beings.

I have attached the google references to "sue arrigo", her email to me in it's entirety, proof of her CA medical credentials, and a website note of her rape and torture.

In truth and justice,

Alan Cantwell M.D.
[email protected]

On May 31, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Sue Arrigo wrote:

Dear Dr. Cantwell,

Thank you for your courage and integrity in speaking the truth. As an ex- CIA physician with high level access, I wrote a report for DCI Webster in about 1991 arguing for closure of all the US Bio-Warfare Labs. I did that after reviewing the Ft. Detrick and the CIA's Langley Bio-Warfare Labs's research, looking at their own documents. That review was authorized because Bush, Sr. had sold dangerous Bio-Warfare agents to Hussein, which I ended up having to recover from Iraq. Webster, as a former judge, willing to evaluate the evidence, allowed me to research the field and write a report for him of close to 100 pages and 1000 pages of supporting documents.

Although the focus of my report was why the Bio-Warfare Labs should be closed, the issue of the HIV virus developed by the Ft. Detrick lab formed about 18 pages of my report. At the time I wrote that report, the vaccine for HIV that had been developed in 6 months of work, had already been used by the Cabal since 1983.
It was a crime against humanity that the virus was unleashed on the world, and it continues to be a crime that the vaccine has been kept secret and for private use only. Meanwhile, the outer research to get to a vaccine is an exercise in how not to arrive at a solution before millions more die. The initial "hopes" for HIV per its designers was to be able to walk into Africa and take the resources from a ghost continent. They had hyped it as killing everyone there within a year, in their pre-release reports.

The research at the Labs addressed the fastest way to make vaccines to Bio-warfare agents, both in labs, at a front, and impromptu on a battlefield. That was a pressing concern and one that was researched using millions and millions of dollars.
Briefly, the consensus at the time was that

Here's the remainder of the article:

www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If you look closely at the links people posted you will notice that not all are speaking about the same university or the same exact thing.

This is what the person who started this thread was speaking on.
www.loyolamedicine.org...
cfm?var_news_release_id=973441241

The below link here involves a Los Angeles research group who are working with H.I.V. resistant cells, mentioning that the H.I.V. vaccine trials "FAILED", and are out for some type of gene therapy, further going on to say that---> "NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK."
www.therepublic.com...

This link is yet something else that involves "ISRAELI RESEARCHERS"
news.xinhuanet.com...

The following link involves > ahh...The University of Minnesota ?
www1.voanews.com...

Whats uP ? From nothing to everyone got it ? Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

There are numerous "HIV is man-made" threads where I've posted plenty of evidence to show it is not. You should look them up.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What about the bananas? Was that just a myth? I sure hope they aren't going to push more pills onto the global populace, Big Pharm is the last thing we need right now.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The main problem with this seems to be that the protein in the monkeys is only 87% identical to our own version of it, and ours doesn't do the same thing. They appear to have narrowed down the difference to just six amino acids though, and are hoping that they can genetically engineer it to do what it does in monkeys, or create drugs that mimic the mechanism of action (once they discover what it is, which they haven't quite yet it would seem.)

So this isn't a cure, yet, sadly. It has a lot of promise though from the sound of things. There are a lot of hurdles that have to be overcome, apparently, but the potential is there. *Fingers crossed*

www.aolnews.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join