It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: (possible) HIV Cure has been discovered!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Thank you for the supporting data.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Translation: MC=MR

Marginal costs is equalling marginal revenue. They are simply maximizing revenue.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

yer but I cant see Big Pharma creating a cure for HIV. It would be like destroying all future income for them.
Dr Bob Beck found a way to disable the virus and let the body heal itself.
www.freedomfromhiv.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Are you kidding ! That was give or take seven or so years ago !
The questions I had regarding it all were far from the portion of it your interested in. PLEASE keep in mind > My job is killing VIRUSES, not people.

"GooD GrieF" ! If you had all that under your belt, your pants would fall down ! I may be able to get you a job in my group, if your all that, and an M.D. to boot.

You never mentioned having a "MASTERS" in that field before, you said that you were & are a second year medical intern who was on her way to aquiring one of those little license plate stickers that will allow you to park anywhere you want ? You never even hinted to all that rigmarole before, your a "MACHINE".

I mentioned the person with the knowledge to do all that to you over on the "MULLIS" thread. The process is complicated & tedious to the likes of which most people couldn't even imagine, it take over three weeks, involves the marks DNA, animal models ect...ect... if you were going to use an Arenavirus for example, you would start with and use rodents, while all others would require simian models, followed up by a human with absolutely no worries. You could infect someone with the virus that you know for a fact will be, or might just eventually come into contact with the mark and upon doing so...sayonara to the mark.
The person carring the virus would be looked upon "BY THE VIRUS" as its natural host or "RESIVIOR", leaving the carrier fine & dandy, in very much the same way as the "EGYPTIAN FRUIT BAT" is the natural host carrier of Marburg virus and does not cause it any harm or effect it.

The person who was most interested in it all was the other geneologist / virologist in the group, not me or even the head researcher. He's a Ph.D in bacteriology & medical microbiology and what we were heard being discussed between them two was clearly WAY over both our heads, let me tell you what.
The person who was the most interested does in-fact have many years expience in that field, more so than what you claim & he HAD TO BE SHOWN. After the fact the look on his face was beyond words.

What blew me away the most was not only the fact that it could actually be done, but also and most importantly someone who could actually do something like that was actually sitting right in front of me. I never thought for a single minute somthing like that could be accomplished, let alone for as many years as it indeed could.

We had a very hard time getting H1N1 sent to us at first, so Dr. Frankenstein just made it for us, so we could kill it. "NO PROBLEM"

After it was all said & done, we did in-fact get H1N1 sent to us and it was a perfect match of what was made us in the lab. What does that tell ya ?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by alpha68]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by refreshme

Beck machines will keep H.I.V. in check, but so can others though, you can't stop using them or in some cases your screwed. Those devices can not kill H.I.V.. Some people are cold sold that they can, but thats a horse of another color all together.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha68

"GooD GrieF" ! If you had all that under your belt, your pants would fall down ! I may be able to get you a job in my group, if your all that, and an M.D. to boot.

You never mentioned having a "MASTERS" in that field before, you said that you were & are a second year medical intern who was on her way to aquiring one of those little license plate stickers that will allow you to park anywhere you want ? You never even hinted to all that rigmarole before, your a "MACHINE".

I have a BS in human genetics and earned my MA while working in theoretical genetics for a laboratory, and then went on to medical school and graduated several years ago. And no, I'm not a "second year intern", as there is no such thing. Internship is a single year, followed by residency, during which you are a full-fledged doctor.

Care to nitpick my degrees any further, especially considering you still claim to be a virologist despite showing a complete lack of subject material?

it take over three weeks,

Three weeks is lightening speed in any genetics experiment, especially involving viruses. I could spend three weeks just growing a proper tissue culture.

Perhaps you should read up on experimentation timelines before coming up with your next hoax.

involves the marks DNA, animal models ect...ect... if you were going to use an Arenavirus for example, you would start with and use rodents, while all others would require simian models, followed up by a human with absolutely no worries. You could infect someone with the virus that you know for a fact will be, or might just eventually come into contact with the mark and upon doing so...sayonara to the mark.
The person carring the virus would be looked upon "BY THE VIRUS" as its natural host or "RESIVIOR", leaving the carrier fine & dandy, in very much the same way as the "EGYPTIAN FRUIT BAT" is the natural host carrier of Marburg virus and does not cause it any harm or effect it.

Human immunity and immune tolerance is more complex than you're making it out to be. Immune cells don't attack viruses directly. Rather, bits of the virus or it's genome must be presented by MHC I (or HLA I in humans) and shown to CD4 T cells. The only way a virus can infect someone and NOT be eliminated is by evading the MHC//HLA presentation system, which some viruses certainly can do (HSV and HPV being the more prominent). However, this isn't on an individual basis. If a virus can hide from the presentation system in one immunocompetent individual, it will do so in ALL individuals. There are only so many serological and genetic variations of HLA molecules in humans (which is why they make for useful targets when studying ancestry). There is no way to develop a virus which evades the HLA system in 6 billion+ individuals, but doesn't invade it in a single person.

There is absolutely no genetic, medical, biological, or physical means for which this can happen, and I defy you to prove otherwise.

The person who was most interested in it all was the other geneologist / virologist in the group, not me or even the head researcher. He's a Ph.D in bacteriology & medical microbiology and what we were heard being discussed between them two was clearly WAY over both our heads, let me tell you what.

A "geneologist", you say? Is that like a medicologist, or a scienceologist? Or did you actually mean geneticist and accidently expose that you know nothing about the fields you claim to work in, not even being able to use the proper terms for your colleagues?

The person who was the most interested does in-fact have many years expience in that field, more so than what you claim & he HAD TO BE SHOWN. After the fact the look on his face was beyond words.

Then show me what he was shown. What do you have to lose? Either I won't get it, or I will. I'm more than willing to admit I don't understand something, and I'm even MORE willing to do a little digging until I have a better understanding of it.

So, post it. You claimed to have it, so post it.

After it was all said & done, we did in-fact get H1N1 sent to us and it was a perfect match of what was made us in the lab. What does that tell ya ?

It tells me that the viral genomic sequence of H1N1 was publically available in genome databases for several years prior (which it was) and that any experienced virologist and geneticist (or "geneologist" if you're more comfortable with that laughable term) could reproduce the genome given the time and resources. We alter viral genomes all the time to include reporter genes or therapeutic genes. This is a common research technique and has been for a decade. Why did this "blow your mind", unless you aren't involved in virology at all?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

WoW ! You flatter me ! Actually putting forth and directing more at me than just a blurb for a change, its about time, anyway I can get it ! You never went that far before, good job. You really are the best when it comes to delivering a class A kick in the teeth. (AMONGST OTHER PLACES) So what did it, the sticker crack ?

You said you were second year over on the Magic J. thread, just say'in ! > INTERN, INTERNIST, TOMATO, TOMATOE, WHO CARES ! <

Sooo..how exactly would the info on the H1N1 influenza virus be out before the virus ever even showed uP ?
Was the thing actually mapped out before its creation and publicly announced before hand ? Do you know what the thing consist of ? A professor at VANDERBILT actually stuck uP for H1N1 & said that it could happen in nature, do you agree with her ? What was so impressive about the H1N1 episode was the fact that before anyone even seen the thing in our labs, this person was told over the phone what was in it, came out and TOLD US it was birthed in a lab & then MADE IT ! That was then followed by many, many others way later saying the exact same thing. As far as lighting speed goes, your saying that splicing can't be done on any of the pre-existing specimens that we keep in our freezer vaults ? With your "MASTERS" you should be able to give ME an idea as to how the person I work with did it. (JUST KIDDING) If someone who feels that they know everything about their field & has every right to, then gets shown something and is still left scratching his head, it would have to be pretty impressive, wouldn't you think ? I only understood 35% of what I heard, the person in your field, maybe double by verble explanation. Just slightly over a month (MAYBE FIVE WEEKS OR SO, GIVE OR TAKE.) from getting the OK, we were shown the end result of what that person could do, six chimp's with their cages grouped together back to back, three & three.
The infected chimp in one far corner and the mark on the opposite, in-order to speed up the process the virus that the host chimp was given was jacked up by 20,000, the mark was exhibiting full blown disease on the eighth day (RESTON), the others that stood around & between the two were left untouched, only becoming carriers.
If you don't think I'm aware as to how all the smack I talk sounds, your sadly mistaken. Just remember that only after the "ATOMIC BOMB" was shown to work, everyone had at it, not before.

So...how are things going back in the mother-land ? Family still doing OK over there ?

edit on 9-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

WoW ! You flatter me ! Actually putting forth and directing more at me than just a blurb for a change, its about time, anyway I can get it ! You never went that far before, good job. You really are the best when it comes to delivering a class A kick in the teeth. (AMONGST OTHER PLACES) So what did it, the sticker crack ?

You said you were second year over on the Magic J. thread, just say'in ! > INTERN, INTERNIST, TOMATO, TOMATOE, WHO CARES !

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I know about you & Vanderbilt, why do you think I mentioned it in the first place, do ya know > William Schaffner ? There is a female who spoke on it to as well, her name escapes me at the moment.

You think that your dads H1N1 was identical to the 2009 strain, do you ? Hmmm...

And Chimps ? Are you kidding ? Where were working ? We could get & use freak'in pygmies if we so wished to, of course they would be handsomely compensated if we did.

We had Rhesus & cynomolgus macaques, but they were being "ZAPPED" to rid them of simian herpes B, we care not to be bothered with aquiring Encephalitis if one of those little buggers happens to be shedding it and comps down on one of us. The Chimp that was infected with the virus was simply given a weeks worth of M.O.R. treatment and was fine (NO MORE RESTON), and is still fine.

The chimp injected could have been given 5x what it was given without any problems, you forget it was only a host. No such ill effects. I

edit on 9-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I know about you & Vanderbilt, why do you think I mentioned it in the first place, do ya know > William Schaffner ? There is a female who spoke on it to as well, her name escapes me at the moment.

I've met Dr. Schaffner in passing, though I wasn't an MD at the time and wasn't working in VUMC (was in MRB III), so our paths never really crossed.

You think that your dads H1N1 was identical to the 2009 strain, do you ? Hmmm...

I never said it was. Please go back and re-read the portion of my post dealing with predicted mutations in virulence factors.

And Chimps ? Are you kidding ? Where were working ? We could get & use freak'in pygmies if we so wished to, of course they would be handsomely compensated if we did.

There are only six laboratories in the country, including government labs, that still use chimpanzees, and most of those are phasing the chimp programs out for the reasons I listed above (too costly, too little benefit, not a great model organism). Why would you opt to test a virus on an animal that would cost you tens of thousands of dollars when you can get a rhesus for under $1000 and have it work just as well? You wouldn't, that's the answer. By claiming you're still using chimps, you've shown you either aren't involved in virology work, or are involved at such a low level that you don't know what animal models the lab is using.

The chimp injected could have been given 5x what it was given without any problems, you forget it was only a host. No such ill effects. I

In order for the injected animal to spread disease, the virus would have to actively replicate inside the host, which causes tissue damage and inflammation. There is absolutely no way for it to spread in an infectious manner without replicating.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have told you before that our labs are not located in the U.S., there is quite a differance between the U.S. and where I work, "OHH BOY ! ". We have chimps, sure we do, but we only use them on rare occasion.
The experiment was started right before we about to start work on human filoviruses and were preparing the monkey's that we would be using by ridding them of the simian herpes B virus that they all chronically carry, pretty neat trick huh. lol (M.O.R.F. TREATMENTS)

We would have NEVER otherwise used the Chimpanzee's if we even thought for a minute that the experiment we planed would or could kill it, especially that experiment, that was simply done to satisfy the major curiosities of three people only once, thats it. I was extremely busy with other things while all that was going on, my only concern was the end result of it, "PROVED TEN FOLD". We have only killed one monkey "RHESUS" the whole entire time we been at this, and that was due to a trial & error experiment with cancer (B-X) in year one, we no-longer make those types of mistakes. Cost is not a factor to us, after we pulled a jack rabbit out our butts in year one that looked more like a giant prehistoric meat eating kangaroo. :lol (UNLIMITED FUNDING)
Your knees would buckle for absolute sure if you seen what was spent before any of it actually even started on equitment alone. "MAINLY DUE TO > BUILT FROM SCRATCH MICROSCOPES."

The head researcher & I were mind boinked by the whole thing from start to finish, the other virologist / geneticist that was working side by side with the person doing it all was just about wrecked by it. He questioned everything he was SEEING, and he still couldn't quite grasp it, he' won't be getting another chance to either.
I think that sh!ts down-right evil myself. "Still Interesting Though, None The Less".

edit on 11-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I have told you before that our labs are not located in the U.S., there is quite a differance between the U.S. and where I work, "OHH BOY ! ". We have chimps, sure we do, but we only use them on rare occasion.

That doesn't change the fact that chimpanzees are horrible model animals, and cost too much to be effective in research. It doesn't matter where you are, this is always true, as a chimp doesn't change from one nation to another. The fact that the USA, one of the largest research powerhouses, barely uses them is a good indication of their usefulness.

We would have NEVER otherwise used the Chimpanzee's if we even thought for a minute that the experiment we planed would or could kill it, especially that experiment, that was simply done to satisfy the major curiosities of three people only once, thats it.

And you just "happened" to have chimps lying around to use in place of the monkeys receiving another one of your made up treatments?

Cost is not a factor to us, after we pulled a jack rabbit out our butts in year one that looked more like a giant prehistoric meat eating kangaroo. :lol (UNLIMITED FUNDING)

Uh-huh. I'm sure you did.

Your knees would buckle for absolute sure if you seen what was spent before any of it actually even started on equitment alone. "MAINLY DUE TO > BUILT FROM SCRATCH MICROSCOPES."

Why would you need to build microscopes from scratch?

The head researcher & I were mind boinked by the whole thing from start to finish, the other virologist / geneticist that was working side by side with the person doing it all was just about wrecked by it. He questioned everything he was SEEING, and he still couldn't quite grasp it, he' won't be getting another chance to either.
I think that sh!ts down-right evil myself. "Still Interesting Though, None The Less".

Then they're fools if they were "shocked" and "amazed" at something so simple. Also, your co-worker is a geneticist now? Not a "geneologist"?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ohh yeah, as far the virus replication proscess goes, thats exactly what we thought at first as well, but we were told that just as any virus replicates inside its natual host without harming anything, the reston virus did the same in the chimp, because like I had already said...using Marburg virus as the example, the Egyptian fruit bats that are its natural reservoir transmit it from one bat to another without incident. The chimps from the first one that was injected on down had absolutely no ill effects, only the mark. The strengthened form of the virus did in-fact speed the entire process uP by around about three days, just as we were told it would before it was all started, just another in a long line surpises we were hit with through-out the whole ordeal. "NOT SCIENCE FICTION, I ASSURE YOU." You should understand full well that this is not only a "VIROLOGICAL WEAPON", but quite possibly the "ULTIMATE FORM" of such a weapon, a straight uP assination tool of the first order,
I myself don't care or even want to know all the mechanisims of it, I would never be able to explain it, nor would I even if I could, because what can be done with.
The person who was incharge of carring out this experiment had done it many, many times in the past and with much worse than "EBOLA RESTON", but when it was done for us however, it was the first & only time the target animal didn't die.

What were you talking about over on the Gerson cancer thread regarding H.I.V. anyway ? About how many strains there actually are, besides what they keep saying there is, other than H.I.V.-1 & 2 and twos three subtypes ? Is that what you wanted to know ?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ohh yeah, as far the virus replication proscess goes, thats exactly what we thought at first as well, but we were told that just as any virus replicates inside its natual host without harming anything, the reston virus did the same in the chimp, because like I had already said...using Marburg virus as the example, the Egyptian fruit bats that are its natural reservoir transmit it from one bat to another without incident.

Again, you show a clear lack of understanding of basic biology. A natural reservoir isn't immune from the disease, they simply exhibit a sub-clinical infection, sometimes with few to no symptoms. There is absolutely still harm, especially if the infection is chronic, even in natural virus reservoirs.

The chimps from the first one that was injected on down had absolutely no ill effects, only the mark.

There is nothing that is unique enough between two individuals of the same species that would allow such an event to occur in ONLY one individual. It would have to occur in a subset population, not a single individual.

The strengthened form of the virus did in-fact speed the entire process uP by around about three days, just as we were told it would before it was all started, just another in a long line surpises we were hit with through-out the whole ordeal. "NOT SCIENCE FICTION, I ASSURE YOU." You should understand full well that this is not only a "VIROLOGICAL WEAPON", but quite possibly the "ULTIMATE FORM" of such a weapon, a straight uP assination tool of the first order,

I'm sure it would be an "assination tool" (by which I assume you mean "assassination", unless you are turning people into asses), if it were real. You've shown no proof and offered no scientifically sound explanation to date, which is why I've reported you as a hoaxer.

I myself don't care or even want to know all the mechanisims of it, I would never be able to explain it, nor would I even if I could, because what can be done with.

Then post the protocol. I'm sure I could piece me way through it.

The person who was incharge of carring out this experiment had done it many, many times in the past and with much worse than "EBOLA RESTON", but when it was done for us however, it was the first & only time the target animal didn't die.

The next time he "does it" (even though this person is assuredly just in your imagination), make notes of the procedure and post it. If they let you talk about it on an unencrypted public network, surely they would let you describe the protocol more accurately.

What were you talking about over on the Gerson cancer thread regarding H.I.V. anyway ? About how many strains there actually are, besides what they keep saying there is, other than H.I.V.-1 & 2 and twos three subtypes ? Is that what you wanted to know ?

Nope, I want you to explain the hoaxes you've claimed here. Don't chance the subject.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

YeaH ! As a matter of fact, some of the chimps were in-fact just laying around, some were also sitting and some were actually just standing around to !
I think I explained that one clean through the floor already and your still going on about how bad & costly chimps are ?
I think you just like to argue and be rude, did you see what the guy said to me in regards to you over on the Gerson cancer thread ?

I think your funny though because you seem to have absolutely no sense of humor at all whats so ever, if that were to be the case with me and the people I work with...we would have all gone postal on certain people years ago.

Just so you know however, the microscopes we use (EXCEPT FOR TWO, ONE OF WHICH BEING AN ELECTRON THAT WE JUST ABOUT NEVER USE, BECAUSE WE REALLY DON'T NEED TO.) only existed on paper before we had them built. Why ? Whats uP with that ?
The answer to that question comes in the form of the person who's work we continued, and you should know full well who that is by now.

No need to reply to this, cause I'm sure it will just be with more of the same anyway.
My time here is just about over and I will be making my final post where I said that I would, the H.I.V. list will be included over there along with all the other viruses & bactirium were capable of killing, which is every single solitary one that matters, so no "Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)". lol

GooD LucK, in all that you do.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
HEY LOOK !

FROM 7-10
IT'S ANOTHER POSSIBLE H.I.V. CURE !

topnews.co.uk...

They will all fall off the planet like clock work, you watch.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

HOW TO CORRECTLY WASH YOUR BUSH BABY ! >
> VANDERBILT PREFERS THE SPIN CYCLE.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

"Humans also have TRIM5a, but while the HUMAN version of TRIM5a protects against some viruses, it does NOT protect against HIV."

then a paragraph later:
"When these amino acids were altered in HUMAN cells, TRIM5a lost its ability to block HIV-1 infection."

The latter statement implies TRIM5a already protected humans against HIV1. So they are contradictory to each other. So the article is useless. Will study the Virology paper and get back to you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
More News Links

MORE

Another One

Gemcitabine in combo with other drug has no effect on cancer survival rates, neither does monotherapy
This article shows that the drug doesn't work on cancer patients.

Phase II trial of gemcitabine/carboplatin followed by paclitaxel in patients with performance status=2,3 or other significant co-morbidity (HIV infection or s/p organ transplantation) in advanced non-small cell lung cancer
This paper was published in 2008. 2 YEARS BEFORE THE OP SAID IT IS VIABLE. It helps a small number of people. According to the paper, 19% showed signs of decreased HIV antibodies.

Honestly, are you serious? Was this a serious post? You are reading outdated articles that aren't even entirely clear, and you are not even using proper scholarly sources when making claims because you DO realize that ATS is a website that shows up as #1 in search engines when certain words are typed in right? People make their decisions based on what people say. On what YOU say as well, not just doctors.

Let's continue with this list of supposed cures...
Oh, In addition to the above scholarly papers, several have indicated that the toxicity of the drug is a problem and that prognosis actually INCREASES. I've never thought that drugs are the solution to this problem, and I don't expect any will be discovered.

Exploiting Drug Repositioning for Discovery of a Novel HIV Combination Therapy

This one shows reduction of HIV infection by around 75%. That is good, but it will have to be combined with other drugs unless it is 100% prevention. Also, you'd have to take it your whole life. This is prevention, not a cure. It does what it does, you can't tweek something like this to get it to 100% prevention, because there is of course the fact that it hides in immune cells. You would have to take it your whole life if you are sexually active so that it eliminates the virus upon first exposure, which is a common strategy, just not for people who dont KNOW if the person/people they are active with have it.

Also Bestideayet posted THE CURE FOR AIDS. this is not a cure. the last word of the AIDS acronym is Syndrome, that is it has many diseases associated with it, and once you get some of them, ex.) Tuberculosis, one of the most common forms of death, getting rid of HIV won't fix that.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
And Yes, Chimpanzees or any monkey can acquire HIV, but not suffer from the virus since the virus does not carry the proper surface proteins to bind and infect simian immune cells.

Also, the so called "invention" of patent 4647773. is NOT the creation of the virus, it is the discovery and patent for use as intellectual property. That is what researchers do when they discover something, they patent it so that they get credit for the discovery, among other things. Luc Montanier is credited alongside the corrupt and despicable Robert Gallo for having isolated the Virus from blood from AIDS patients. You can't be serious....
edit on 17-3-2011 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join