It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where do Truthers/Debunkers feel the GZ Mosque should be located?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Secaucus NJ - some abandoned pig farms in the swamps

Perfect location for Mosque .........

FIGHT TERRORISM !

NUKE MECCA!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

So where do Truthers/Debunkers feel the GZ Mosque should be located?

First of all, you have so worded your question as to make anyone replying either a 'truther' or a 'debunker'. I intend to reply but do please note that I am simply an American.

Onward...

The mosque could be built at GZ and fall entirely within constitutional law. They do indeed have a right to put it pretty much anywhere they choose. No argument.

But... just because one can do something does not necessarily mean that one must do it, or that it is the right thing to do. There has to be an accounting of things that fall into the gray areas, such as common sense.

There is no secret here what GZ means to this nation. None at all. And neither is there any secret that the 'official story' (buy it at your own risk) identifies the perpetrators as being radical, extremist Muslims. (Do note that a good portion of the US population does believe that OS, too.)

Common sense would tell you that to then build an Islamic Mosque at GZ would be a little like the US building a memorial to the Enola Gay in midtown Hiroshima, Japan.

*sigh*

Also, understanding now the feelings of this nation, why would anyone really want to walk their faith all over someone else's hallowed ground? Why apply your faith as a bludgeon to your neighbors?

Build the damned thing if it must be built but... to do it so that the mosque and the Muslim faith becomes salt in an open wound?

One cannot help but question the core intentions of those behind it and wonder why liberty is being applied as a tool of pain.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't care where they build it.

It's probably safer there than in Tennessee.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
it doesn't matter if you believe the OS, are a truther, a Muslim or Christian, poor taste is poor taste.

Would you build a Nazi Museum across the Street from Auschwitz?

Would you call a brand of Lifeboat "The Titanic"?

Would you call a restaurant in Hawaii "Tora Tora Tora" ?

No, it's not right.

Those responsible for giving this ridiculous venture the go ahead should be fired.

It's in poor taste, NY isn't ready for this, not while there is still a gaping hole where its heart used to be, and until all the wars that stemmed from that tragic day are over.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I forgot to answer your question, it should go to the back of a City Planning Office filing cabinet, and never be seen again.

All the best, Kiwi

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
According to polls a substantial majority of New Yorkers oppose a mosque being constructed so close to GZ :-

www.ynetnews.com...

To go ahead in the teeth of this feeling is not likely to "build bridges" which is said to be one of the aims of the project.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
According to polls a substantial majority of New Yorkers oppose a mosque being constructed so close to GZ :-

Also according to polls, more voters in Manhattan support the community center than oppose it (source). And it got the near-unanimous support of the local community board.

The Park51/Cordoba building will not be at "Ground Zero", it will be on privately owned land a few blocks away. Building decisions in New York are generally made by the local boards, not by a popular poll of the state.

I believe that radical Muslim terrorists flew planes into the buildings on 9/11/01 and I support the right of Muslim Americans who have worshipped in the Tribeca neighborhood for 27 years to build a needed community center with a new prayer space for themselves in a neighborhood that supports the project.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am not muslim, but I hate when people use the words either radical or fundamentalist in regards to religion. I have never read their holy book, but I have read the king James bible.

In the King James Bible it says a woman who is found not to be a virgin on her wedding night is to be stoned to death on her fathers doorstep.

Uh, we don't do that anymore. Society does not allow it. However, by following this rule I would not be "fundamentalist" or "radical". I would be a sociopath that happens to be christian. Like David Koresh, or possibly Gee Dub.

That being said I don't care where they put it. TBH putting it close to GZ, or on GZ is fine. The reason I think so is it will undoubtedly piss off many New Yorkers. Controversy sells.

And no, I'm not pitching any CT. I'm pitching a new investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join