It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where do Truthers/Debunkers feel the GZ Mosque should be located?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The thought occurred to me today, while watching the endless coverage by MSM of the location of where this Mosque will be located, with everyone weighing in now...I wondered..

Do Truther's believe that the location of this mosque makes no difference? Or do they believe the mosque should be moved further away?

Likewise, do Debunker's believe that the location of this mosque makes no difference? Or do they believe the mosque should be moved further away?

I think the common assumption would be that, Debunker's would be totally against it, as it seems most people that believe Muslim extremists were responsible for the attacks, are against it being located at it's current proposed location. On the other side of the token, Truther's feeling the opposite of this, would not care one way or the other where the mosque was located.

So I wondered, what some of the opinion's would be on this, whether your a Truther or Debunker, which side do 9/11 conspiracy theorists(and their counterparts) fall on this debate?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

I believe muslim extremists were utilized in the 9-11 attacks,however if you've got $20 000 000 you can buy those if your the Mossad or Cia,my belief is that no airplane hit the Pentagon that that was a missile so the perpertators were Muslim extremists and others 'unknown'.In terms of a crime you must ask yourself Quo Bono-or who benefits in this case there are many suspects such as members of the shadow government eliminating a paper trail on 2 trillion missing dollars,the buildings owner and others that benefitted.In any event it was not purely a radical Islamic attack and certainly was not masterminded in a cave in Afghanistan.

The public perception however is that fundamental Muslims were entirely responsible,this is probably what 95 per cent or more of direct victims and their families believe so for that reason not my personal beliefs of who did it,a mosque in that area is poor form.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I'm not sure if I'm a truther/debunker. I'm just a skeptic.

I suppose I have no reason to post?

My opinion though, is not so much about where I think the "GZ Mosque" shoud be located. It's got more to do with who owns the property and wants to develop it. Is it all within the local regulations and rules and does it adhere to the zoning ordinances?

Nuff said......

I know plenty of people who didn't like the Butter Jesus, the Touchdown Jesus, in Cincinnati. I didn't care one bit about it. It was those people's property to do with it as they wished.

I lost no sleep over it all. Did I find it rather amusing when it got burned down by a lightning strike? Yeah. Did I wish that would happen, not at all.

If you follow codes and build something, more power to you.

I couldn't care less what your intentions are, or your enemies think your intentions are.
It only means something to you. And I'm not going to pretend I know what it means to you. The main thing is, that it means nothing to me, especially if your intentions are to provoke me to be angry and emotional over...........nothing.............

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yes, the location of the "mosque at GZ" does mean something to many and varied people.

Just not to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Hmmmm how about that neighborhood in Chicago where Obama
lived at? Didnt someone say in a thread a while back that there was a house where muslims were armed to the teeth and hassling reporters???

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I'm not sure if I'm a truther/debunker. I'm just a skeptic.

I suppose I have no reason to post?

I knew I might limit comments by choosing that title to the thread. Maybe I should have said something like 9/11 Conspiracy theorists instead of Truther/Debunker to leave it a little more open. I guess it's just a easy way to generalize most people who are one side or the other of the 9/11 conspiracy debate. But I was also specifically interested in people who identify themselves with either group.

Please by all means, any one is welcome to weigh in on the topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here's my view.

Shut up about the damned Mosque already!

I DON'T CARE!

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I can careless about the mosque I think of it as just another place for people to get flecced by those who claim to have gods ear...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i sit in the fence, in light of this issue, also because i sit on the fence versus the OS and other possibilities that could have occurred on that day(the theories).
one thing is a fact, alot of people...innocent in respect to that day, died there with no choice in the matter. and with that said, i feel that since there is such an outcry against the building of a mosque there (since it's been OS that extremist of the muslim faith carried out the killings) it would be only fair, that the mosque is not built in that area.

i know theres another one already nearby, from what's been said, and the proposed mosque is 6 blocks away, but in light of the feeling of the majority of the people, from what we know, are against it.

where should it be placed?? i'm not sure as i'm not familiar with NY in the least.....

[edit on 24-8-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm extremely sceptical of the Truth Movement. But personally I don't have any real problem with Islam and I can't see why there's a fuss over this mosque.

Well, actually I can, and I suppose it's mainly to do with most Americans being a bit thick. Take a few cynical politicians who know just which dog whistles to blow, chuck in a large dash of basic ignorance, add one part xenophobia and there you go.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The mosque should be built next to the CIA, since that is the real site of 9/11 ha ha. Seriously though I could care less, this mosque thing is a distraction from the BP disaster as well as a ramp up of anti-Islamism possibly to bolster a war with Iran or to prop up the Afghan war after the Wikileaks escapade. I went on a yahoo article about Somali terrorists and comment after comment said "we should fence in all the muslims and exterminate them" I had to roll my eyes at the Hitlerian rhetoric. I think any 9/11 truther realizes the mosque issue is a complete non-issue and distraction.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Weighing in as a Cdn watching too much American news, I don't have any thoughts about where they put it. I don't think 911 was thought up in a cave either.

Two blocks away, in the old Burlington Coat Factory. Why not? Is the coat factory sacred? How many blocks away do you have to go to be not sacred? What about the other businesses down there that aren't the holiest of businesses? I guess strip clubs are kind of related to the oldest profession, so they are ok near there.

Next to the CIA? Good idea. Apparently they used to have a prayer center in the Pentagon, according to the news.

What I have noticed, is that the media, and government, and whoever else has sure done a good job at dividing people. Race, religion, money, politics.

Divide and conquer. Now the conquering is the only thing left.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice

Likewise, do Debunker's believe that the location of this mosque makes no difference? Or do they believe the mosque should be moved further away?

My view is that a) we're not a dictatorshop so if it's legal and within zoning laws, the gov't shouldn't have the right to tell people what they should be allowed to build and where simply on the basis of "I don't like it".

That said, I also think b) the people behind the moque are being horribly insensitive here. They were even offered an alternative location by the city but they refused, so they have to know their decision is going to ruffle feathers. If that Imam is going to go through with it then he'd damned well better have a good PR campaign to back it up if he doesn't want to have to keep rebuiding it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Speaking of oppositon to the erection (I mean, building) of something that might "offend" some people's sensiblities.....

....and that "sacred ground" must remain....well, "sacred"...here are some more (tongue-in-cheek) recent examples of faux 'outrage' and angst:

New York -- New Citibank ATM vestibule just two blocks from site of devastating financial collapse.

Elizabeth, NJ -- Bed, Bath and Beyond on sacred IKEA grounds.

Pearl Harbor, HI -- P.F. Chang's location a reasonable taxi ride away from the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial.

Philadelphia, PA -- British consulate on hard-won U.S. soil.

Culver City, CA -- Comedy club built reight next to the site where terrible movie Grown Ups was filmed.

Lakehurst, NJ -- Balloon store only three miles from site of Hindenburg disaster.

Olathe, KS -- Barnes & Noble.

'Nuf said....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Speaking of oppositon to the erection (I mean, building) of something that might "offend" some people's sensiblities.....

Lakehurst, NJ -- Balloon store only three miles from site of Hindenburg disaster.
'Nuf said....

Now that is extremely insensitive!!!! What in the world were they thinking

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
how about in the united arab emerits? i dont hear of many christian churches in the arab lands

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The thing most people seem to be forgetting, is that it is NOT at "Ground Zero". It is 3 city blocks away. People act as if they are putting the thing smack dab where Towers 1 & 2 were.

It just disgusts me. Are there any Christian churches near the Oklahoma City building????

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I really, truly do not care about this.

If there were Muslim extremists used on that day then the operative word is used and I have little doubt that they were used by our own government to get the job done. I have serious doubts about extremists on 9/11 so go ahead and build a mosque. It makes no difference to me, affects me not at all and is such a non-issue in my mind that I find it crazy that anyone even cares about this.

The whole issue screams distraction to me. Look at the one hand while the other is up to no good. Seems there are much more important issues going on these days to get angry about.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

....and that "sacred ground" must remain....well, "sacred"...here are some more (tongue-in-cheek) recent examples of faux 'outrage' and angst:

New York -- New Citibank ATM vestibule just two blocks from site of devastating financial collapse.

Elizabeth, NJ -- Bed, Bath and Beyond on sacred IKEA grounds.

Pearl Harbor, HI -- P.F. Chang's location a reasonable taxi ride away from the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial.

Philadelphia, PA -- British consulate on hard-won U.S. soil.

Culver City, CA -- Comedy club built reight next to the site where terrible movie Grown Ups was filmed.

Olathe, KS -- Barnes & Noble.

'Nuf said....

I never understood why they didn't just rebuild the World Trade Center. Would that not be the ultimate way to show that America can overcome anything, even devastating destruction? They could have had something inside the building, to memorialize the event. The fact that they did not rebuild the towers is just strange, and very weird to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth
I never understood why they didn't just rebuild the World Trade Center. Would that not be the ultimate way to show that America can overcome anything, even devastating destruction?

No, because that's what a real leader of our people would do.

The people running our country don't want to lead it to anything worth a damn, they want to destroy it. And they are succeeding through the ignorance of the American people. You can't vote out a broke system.

<<   2 >>

join